onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
It just seems like Hiestand isn't giving them any help. Let's grab a few guys in FA, draft a dude. And get a new OL coach!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This offence is basically Reid's KC offence.....you'd never know it by watching it. KC has a strong OL (seems like they always do) and a world class TE. Bears have, on their best days, a mediocre line with TE's off the Practice Squad. QB is a part of the problem but it's miniscule compared to holes up front. Long's step off the cliff hurt but I'm not sure anything would've been much different if he had come back strong. All the holes won't be filled in one off season. Windy is right....the best thing Pace can do is fill what he can and at least get some bodies in here to give these guys some competition.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would look at moving Massie to RG and going after a tackle worth a shit. When Massie gets beat, he always gets beat on the edge but dominates when he gets his hands on the defender.
Check Bars out at RT.
Draft both OG and OT.
Fire Heistand.
Fix your shit playcalling when the defense is over active. I’m talking quick Patterson/Cohen screens over the middle. Nagy never, ever calls these and this would keep the linemen from firing off every down

The issue here is Massie is a terrible run blocker so you just committing to a continued shitty run game. For all the talk about his pass blocking, he grades out better pass blocking than run blocking. So if he struggles against DEs run blocking it may be worse against bigger, stronger DTs unless his issues run blocking are also because of speed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wonder if Whitehair could play RG and add a natural C instead. He's our best o-lineman so i actually think he could but we gotta stop moving him around so much. I don't know why they aren't playing A.Bars to see what the kid can do.

No, he also sucks run blocking. Your RT and RG need to be good run blockers. We need a couple of 320-330 pound guys on the right side that can actually move people. Whitehair, Daniels and Leno are all finesse guys on the left. We don't need more of those guys.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Said it before. Do what you can for Brandon Scherff, draft Tyler Biadasz or Creed Humphrey as your C, and double dip on OL in the 2nd by getting the best available OT. It is that bad. Without a major overhaul, nothing on the rest of the offensive side of the ball will function.

Sign a vet FA TE and do what you can to snag Kareem Hunt.

Oh, and fire Heistandt while they’re at it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Said it before. Do what you can for Brandon Scherff, draft Tyler Biadasz or Creed Humphrey as your C, and double dip on OL in the 2nd by getting the best available OT. It is that bad. Without a major overhaul, nothing on the rest of the offensive side of the ball will function.

Both of those guys are going to be gone 20 picks before the Bears select.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sign a veteran RG: Graham Glasgow

Draft a 2nd round OT: Mekhi Becton, Josh Jones, Prince Wanogo

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Sign a veteran RG: Graham Glasgow

Draft a 2nd round OT: Mekhi Becton, Josh Jones, Prince Wanogo

I like that idea also. Glasgow is versatile-has been a very good C and would be a good C here. Solomon Kindley and an OT in the 2nd also. I’m not sold on Daniels. We need ass kickers who like to hit people, and Daniels gets worked constantly. Don’t think Kindley would have those issues

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Ger 2 mammoth tackles and a Y tight end mad I'll call the offseason a success.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Charles Leno will be better next year.

2019 was a year of so much change in his personal life, which is hard for any professional to deal with. 5 years ago I got married - me and my wife brought our son into the world same year. Due to all the changes, while I still performed ok at my job, I was not at 100. It took some time but by the next year all the changes in my life had settled and I was back to performing as good or better.

2020 Leno gets used to being a husband and a Dad. He also rededicates himself to his chosen profession and returns to his near pro-bowl level of play. Book it!

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:

If you can get lucky and get one of those guys at center, then move Cody to RG, leave Daniels at LG and hope he was just having a 2nd year slump, you're stuck with Leno for another year so leave him there, and maybe Barr can workout at RT. That leaves you a 2nd for a TE, and use other picks for maybe pass rusher and corner.

Cut some guys, restructure a few guys, to get cap space. Sign the guys you NEED to resign on your roster, and whats left find the best FA's to fill the areas of need.

This team has lots of holes, not just now, but when the season is over and decisions on guys currently on the roster have to be made. Pace has left this team in a bad way this year with his gamble on Mitch and Mack, now we wil see what kind of a GM he really is.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not really. Coward has been worst on the line. Between Leno and Massie, Leno the better pass blocker and Massie the better run blocker.

They almost add up to one good OT.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I personally still feel there is alot of confusion on the offensive line and a good amount of missed assignments. It is one of my largest criticisms of Nagy. I can understand those types of mistakes in the first year, but a second year install should not be having these types of problems.

I still don't feel this is strictly a personnel issue but we will see what happens when we have a real NFL RG on our team. We should have much more productivity if we can get the inside zone game going which was a bust all year. It just killed the offense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you can get lucky and get one of those guys at center, then move Cody to RG, leave Daniels at LG and hope he was just having a 2nd year slump, you're stuck with Leno for another year so leave him there, and maybe Barr can workout at RT. That leaves you a 2nd for a TE, and use other picks for maybe pass rusher and corner.

Cut some guys, restructure a few guys, to get cap space. Sign the guys you NEED to resign on your roster, and whats left find the best FA's to fill the areas of need.

This team has lots of holes, not just now, but when the season is over and decisions on guys currently on the roster have to be made. Pace has left this team in a bad way this year with his gamble on Mitch and Mack, now we wil see what kind of a GM he really is.

Cody would make a shit RG. Do people not understand we need people that can actually run block?

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Whitehair to LT? Then find a decent C who can also snap the ball properly, either via. FA or 2nd round pick in Draft.

Btw. they should mix and match Bars, Coward and Lucas at RG/RT positions rest of the season to find out if they actually have anything there.

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The last Packer game solidified the fact Bears OL must get tougher, to improve short yd and managable 3rd down situations. Upgrade Long (Coward, Bars) to Scherff. Draft best OT in 2nd and have him compete for either T position.