Vikings post game.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
1. That was a pitiful performance. Out prepared, out coached, out played on both sides of the ball. Hard to know where to start with detailing the shortcomings of a performance like that. The Bears where missing 3 defensive starters and there starting QB and they still made the Vikings look like D II school.
Wow. Bears have won the last 3 games against the Vikings and none of the games were ever close. Complete domination up front on both sides of the ball. The Bears backup QB usually had all day to throw, Zimmer's defense did nothing to mix things up or throw him off, jump routes, or do anything to materially change the game.
- On offense, the Vikings just bent over and took it. The Bears destroyed the Vikings offensive line all game. My god, Dalvin Cook trying to block was just embarrassing for him. He should not be on the field on passing downs. Cousins was god-awful today. He had his usual ball security, skittishness, indecisiveness, and just generally played like he needed his blanket and his mama. Diggs catches it and fumbles. Just awful, play-scared offense from everyone. The Bears owned this offense. It looked like a high school offense against pros.
Frustration with Cousins is totally justified. He just got upstaged by Mitch Trubisky's backup, FFS. But this game was lost in the trenches. On both sides of the ball, we got pushed around. That our OL couldn't handle its job, even with some starters missing from the Bears' formidable D, wasn't terribly surprising
4. I found myself way less intense during this game than previous ones, especially the GB game. I think it's because this game made me realize that there's no reason to care so much about the outcome, because THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY this team does anything significant this year. Hope has left the building. It's time to rebuild, AGAIN. As a fan for some 40 plus years, I'm really #### disappointed and fatigued.
5. All you have to do is look at how the Bears defended the Vikings to understand that. The Bears defense took away what the Vikings did well and attacked them mercilessly where they are weak. They exposed every flaw of that offense.
6. One of the most talented roster in the NFL? Our most talented D let some bum march down the field and set the tone. They chewed the clock up. No disrespect intended but that shouldn't happen against a talented D. This is a 500 squad for a reason. Both teams we played that have a winning record owned us. The Pack buried us right off the bat. I'm not an expert but this talented D didn't step up. The Bears effort was embarrassing. We couldn't even open a running lane playing against a beat up front. I certainly don't know what the problem is but the Bears beat up DL took control. And then we let Mack do his thing and strip our QB. We couldn't block him
7. One thing I will say is Dalvin Cook is a hell of a RB but my goodness is he horrid at pass blocking. Whiffed on the 2nd Cousins fumble and got blown back into Cousins on one of the sacks. Guys need to watch these sacks again and tell me how much time that guy really had back there. The bears got to the QB quicker than any other team in the NFL week 4. It's so easy for a fan to sit there and yell "throw the ball" but look at how much time he really had to throw and tell me how many of those sacks he was "holding the ball too long". He was lucky to get to the back of his drop they were coming so fast.
Same issues same pattern, OLine terrible, Cousins fumbles and wilts under pressure. Didn’t take advantage of a few opportunities he had with little pressure

Defense couldn’t get off the field against one of the worst Offenses in the nfl with their 2nd string qb. 2 offensive possessions in the first half? Seriously?

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
I love the Bears making fans of other teams sad. I could have gave you 100 more but they all read like these. No one is even attempting to find a silver lining. Crushed and demoralized.

Where did you get this from? Just wondering because it is interesting.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How was the Bears effort embarrassing?

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, we have been on the receiving end of many of these kinds of butt whippings. I can feel their pain.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
4. I found myself way less intense during this game than previous ones, especially the GB game. I think it's because this game made me realize that there's no reason to care so much about the outcome, because THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY this team does anything significant this year. Hope has left the building. It's time to rebuild, AGAIN. As a fan for some 40 plus years, I'm really #### disappointed and fatigued.

This guy pretty much hit the nail on the head. Kirk isn't the answer for them. He is a .500 QB and nothing more. Vikings will be going nowhere as long as he is there.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
for as bad as kirk cousins is the vikings didn't think how to best utilize him, last year then went with pass heavy OC and now they went with an in house option who's run heavy...Seems more like a zimmer overreaction thats bogging the offense down...no complaints out of me, go the lovie option of "we get off the bus running"

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Kind of feel sorry for the Vikings fans this year. At least they can drown their sorrows with copious amounts
of lutefisk.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm reading through the Raider's forums today. The common theme is...

1. They hope the Bears players suffer from the time change...
2. The Bears offense is inept and their defense should be able to handle it
3. They just need to get up on the Bears early and they might squeak out a win.
4. The Bears defense is going to destroy their offense.
5. Jacobs can control the game if they can get him going. Along with a short passing game.

One guy says since the Bears only beat Denver because of the BS roughing the passer call, that they don't scare him because basically Denver sucks.

https://raiderforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15745&start=1

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
what is this? is this from fans? is it a summary of a presser? what is happening?

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then there's this guy...

Run the ball down Macks throat along with quick passes to Jacobs and Waller. Mack will be over pursuing all game looking to get 4 to 5 sacks for his ego. If he wanted to be a Raider he would. He stopped talking and let his agent take over leaving us in a real tough position of wondering if he's leaving or not question. Roll the dice and get burned with nothing or trade and get something! Lets kick Macks ASS!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Then there's this guy...

Run the ball down Macks throat along with quick passes to Jacobs and Waller. Mack will be over pursuing all game looking to get 4 to 5 sacks for his ego. If he wanted to be a Raider he would. He stopped talking and let his agent take over leaving us in a real tough position of wondering if he's leaving or not question. Roll the dice and get burned with nothing or trade and get something! Lets kick Macks ASS!
I don't see that working out great for them.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
#7 isn't wrong. The Bears' pass rush even got to Cousins on a god damned 3 step drop. Our d-line was playing like men possessed. Like someone bitch slapped them before the game and said you ain't shit making them prove something.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Then there's this guy...

Pardon? Did this guy not watch what the Bears' d-line did to the best rusher while down 2 linemen and a linebacker? I would absolutely love to see them try to employ this strategy. It would once again feed right into Pagano's game plan should Kwiatkowski have to play for Roquan. But lets be real here, some dumb fan's meatballing isn't likely to be what Gruden does. Even Gruden isn't that egotistical...right?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
what is this? is this from fans? is it a summary of a presser? what is happening?
I did a pregame thread about what is being said on viking forums about our game. This is a post game thread of what is being said after our game. Just for kicks.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its hilarious that the Vikings picked this week to completely implode about downfield throws.

What does Diggs think?

This was the bears, all our opponents have done alot of nothing. A couple got a TD or two at best.

Their problem has been they don't address problems or think about roster construction fit. Diggs and Thielan are both good WR's, doing the same things. They need a true wingspan X WR, put Diggs at the Y and move Thielan into the slot.

Like sure, they can do it...but with Rudolph decline they seriously lack for big targets while the O-line is shit and Cousins is a big enough man to step in the shit and take the blame but it ain't really him. Its the little targets and little time.