Was It Over When the Gremans Bombed Pearl Harbor?

jive

Liked Posts:
Hell no!...
It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'.
What the fuck happened to the Bears fans I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest team of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. 'Ooh, we're afraid to have hope, we might get disappointed again' Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this.

Can teams have a slow start and finish strong? Yes! And this team can too.
It is not uncommon for any team to be rusty the first couple of games. It's a matter of shaking it off.
The most important thing is to get into the playoffs with momentum and health.

Mitch sure doesn't look ready for prime time the last 2 games. He has had slow starts before, and it could be the same this year as well. But even if he doesn't get his shit together, this defense is still good enough to win games. This D is as good as any we've had in the last couple decades. We have made the playoffs with a rookie Orton, good/bad Rex, and Mike Tomczak because we had good defenses. Mitch is at least as good as them, and he has shown he can make the big throw when the team is behind even when he's playing like crap (unlike those 3).

Yes, our offensive line looks out of rhythm and the WRs aren't getting open. We sure don't have the depth at WR that we thought we had. But, teams have made it to the playoffs with bad lines and mediocre WRs, us included. In any case, Allen Robinson is a stud and as good as any we've had in a while. So we have that going for us, and it may be barely enough. If the defense plays well, we shouldn't be put into positions where we had to throw 40-50 times a game. The running game isn't setting the world on fire either, but you can see flashes of greatness in Montgomery that may come fully into light later in the season. The O-Line has played together before, so they should be able to get back into sync.

Nagy's play calling has sucked. But, if he's as smart as they say he is, he'll adjust. All good coaches do. They all get figured out sooner or later too, and it's a matter of whether they can evolve ahead of the competition. This is a test for Nagy. If he passes, then we know we have a good coach on our hands.

Enough about our defeats......
The D is is still awesome. No signs of significant regression from Pagano.
We have actual depth at DL, unlike WR. Hicks, Goldman, RRH and Nichols are beasts, and Williams is a sub-beast.
We have the best 4 starting LBs since the Dome Patrol with Floyd taking a step forward,
DBs are good as any, and other than the dumb penalty the new additions are at least maintaining the status quo.
Special teams have improved. Patterson and Cohen give us the best returners in the league.

We beat a team that practically never loses in their home opener.
We held a future HOF QB to one decent drive for an entire game.
Just like last year, we have proven we can hang with anyone.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, but it was over when your 3rd year, 2nd overall pick, QB still looks as lost as he did his rookie season and has shown no consistent signs that he can be even consistently solid.

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
With as many starting NFL QB’s getting injured so early in the season it might be the last man standing wins. Not wishing injuries on anyone but it is a crazy game and who knows what might happen.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Solid time to break this out. You should post this on Reddit too. The lower average age there may increase the number of people that think you:
1) Don't know history
Or
2) Can't spell German
"Downvoted for misspelling German"

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think this thread is pre(madonna)mature.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Solid time to break this out. You should post this on Reddit too. The lower average age there may increase the number of people that think you:
1) Don't know history
Or
2) Can't spell German

I think we found the Greman spy.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fine. I'll delete my post, but Reddit is a far superior place to go to find gullible people. Here I just assume everyone is doing an act.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
meatloaf-meatballs.img.png

FIFY

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fine. I'll delete my post, but Reddit is a far superior place to go to find gullible people. Here I just assume everyone is doing an act.
If you find people trolling, please directly report the issues to @Omeletpants via personal dm. He has been promoted to head mod and will take care of all your needs.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it trolling to do an act?
If you find people trolling, please directly report the issues to @Omeletpants via personal dm. He has been promoted to head mod and will take care of all your needs.
Dear God no. I'll be quiet.