Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
yeah, chase pretty much said the same thing (even after gandolfini ended up flaking on or walking out of like 3 auditions), and sadly, I think it would have been hard for him to be seen as any other character. kinda like jon hamm/don draper.

the one movie where I really saw him post-sopranos where he was given room really to show some range was Enough Said (I think it was his last movie; I kinda got choked up watching it :( ), which is worth watching for him and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss.

It's a crime that Hamm can't get good roles because of how good he was as Draper. I never understood the concept of type casting until James Gandolfini, I understand now.

I really think Julia Louis-Dreyfuss fell in love with Gandolfini while making Enough Said, but you guys all know, I'm a hopeless romantic.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I kinda felt the same way. Also, nicole holofcener movies are generallt really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a crime that Hamm can't get good roles because of how good he was as Draper. I never understood the concept of type casting until James Gandolfini, I understand now.

I really think Julia Louis-Dreyfuss fell in love with Gandolfini while making Enough Said, but you guys all know, I'm a hopeless romantic.

Was JLD's wardrobe fabulous? And were you able to find any of it at auction?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My only fun Gandolfini fact is that he refused to smoke a cigar in The Last Castle, because he didn't want to look like Tony in it.

He was awesome in Crimson Tide.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
james-and-michael-gandolfini.png

Not sure how I feel about this, the resemblance is there clearly but he just doesn't come off as a "tough guy" like his dad.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Was JLD's wardrobe fabulous? And were you able to find any of it at auction?

I got the bra from this scene in Seinfeld, $1200.00 I'm wearing it on my head right now.

10e35f2b44060af4dd0ef69afa90ec67.jpg

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
mansiere? I though we settled on calling it the Bro.

You're right, but to avoid the ignore list I am overcompensating with more syllables.

I'm having a nap in my bro.

I'm sleeping in my mansiere.

Which sounds more fabulous?

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Did anyone read The Soprano Sessions? It was published in January in conjunction with the 20 year anniversary of the show. I highly recommend it for hardcore Soprano fans. IMO it is worth it alone just for the David Chase interviews. There are 7 interviews with Chase each covering a season (Chase consider the show to have 7 seasons rather than 6 part 1 and 2). Contrary to what was reported, he does not give a definite answer about the fate of you-know-who (trying to avoid a spoiler). But he does provide a detailed explanation of the final scene.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Did anyone read The Soprano Sessions? It was published in January in conjunction with the 20 year anniversary of the show. I highly recommend it for hardcore Soprano fans. IMO it is worth it alone just for the David Chase interviews. There are 7 interviews with Chase each covering a season (Chase consider the show to have 7 seasons rather than 6 part 1 and 2). Contrary to what was reported, he does not give a definite answer about the fate of you-know-who (trying to avoid a spoiler). But he does provide a detailed explanation of the final scene.

loved it

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read David Simon's book, Homicide. Was a slog. Do not recommend unless you are thinking about a career in law enforcement and want an image of what the job can really entail.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I started on Sopranos season 1 a month or so ago.

Reminds me of when I started Breaking Bad... it has yet to hook me, but I see potential.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I started on Sopranos season 1 a month or so ago.

Reminds me of when I started Breaking Bad... it has yet to hook me, but I see potential.

Sopranos is my favorite show of all time so I'm biased...but I never thought the show truly came into its own until the end of the 2nd season. For me, seasons 3-5 are the prime of the series.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I couldn't get through the first season. Please tell me it gets better?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I couldn't get through the first season. Please tell me it gets better?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

It certainly isn't my favorite season but many would disagree. I imagine if you are watching it now for the first time you lose the perspective of how innovative it was in 1998.