Watson is carving the Patriots up

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watson might have just handed Lamar home field.

mbison

Liked Posts:
That's fair. They do need to do it over a longer time to solidify anything. The respective first three years of the three 2017 QBs though ... ouch.

That’s all I’m saying man. And trust me I’ve a huge advocate for Watson but watching that playoff game last year really concerned me. I’m not worried about Houston getting to the playoffs because their division is hot garbage but I have to see him do something special when it counts. You may not want to admit it but his team was damn good before him. Now if he’s “Elite” like you claim he needs to win some playoff games

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Lol at comparing him to Matthew Stafford.

Meanwhile Watson just had a 4 TD marquee win vs the Patriots, while we’re giving Earmuff Mitch gold stars for beating one of the worst defenses in the league. A team that hasn’t won a division title in like 25 years.

Mitch was never going to be Watson, regardless of the team he landed on. Watson is a guy you win because of. Mitch is a guy you have to drag to wins.
Its Fucking insane that this is still a discussion. Watson is superior in every facet of the game to trubisky.

mbison

Liked Posts:

Meanwhile Watson just had a 4 TD marquee win vs the Patriots, while we’re giving Earmuff Mitch gold stars for beating one of the worst defenses in the league. A team that hasn’t won a division title in like 25 years.

Mitch was never going to be Watson, regardless of the team he landed on. Watson is a guy you win because of. Mitch is a guy you have to drag to wins.

How many 5,000 yard seasons has Stafford had?? And How many has Watson had?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Watson is not elite yet but he’s damn good. I love watching the Patriots get their ass kicked.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson landed in a better spot that Mahomes

Hell actually both of them landed on playoff teams. Mitch landed on a 3-13 team. lol. The Texans went to the playoffs 4/7 years before Watson even arrived

Watson’s wouldn’t do SHIT in Chicago. Last year he had the 7th ranked defense and 7 ranked rushing team but he choked in his first playoff game. He put up 0 points until the final minutes when the game was out of reach. If he were on Chicago our record would be the same. And he would have lost last years playoff game too

That's bullshit talking

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
That's fair. They do need to do it over a longer time to solidify anything. The respective first three years of the three 2017 QBs though ... ouch.
To me the elite QBs right now are Brady, Rodgers (ugh), Brees, Wilson, Ben, that’s all I can think of.
mod course the 3 QBs picked after ours look to be elite while ours looks to have a ceiling of “doesn’t suck”. Ahh the life of a Bears fan.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How many 5,000 yard seasons has Stafford had?? And How many has Watson had?
Stafford has been in the league for a decade and 5k yard seasons is a terrible way to compare QBs.

Idk about you but I’ve watched them both play. Stafford wasn’t even close to this kind of maturity of Watson. But he’s made a career of compiling stats and losing big games, so good for him. Still hasn’t won a division title.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What makes him “elite”. What’s his playoff record and stats? He’s has not increased the Teams win percentage at all and dude was a bum in his playoff appearance

Houston will finish 9-7 this year just like almost every year before Watson showed up. What has he really done on a team that did the same before he showed up? Elite players elevate their franchise and Watons hasn’t done that yet. So save that elite non sense for someone who doesn’t know football
I have a quick question, you think Houston is going 1-3 the rest of the season? They play Titans twice, Broncos, and Bucs. Besides all the other really stupid shit you typed. You cant possibly believe that.

Last edited:

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace F-ed up big time!

And after seeing undrafted rookie QBs look like NFL starters. I’m wondering how & the hell is Chase Daniels the 2nd highest paid backup QB?

mbison

Liked Posts:

If Watson is a guy you win because of how come he doesn’t have a better win percentage tha
Stafford has been in the league for a decade and 5k yard seasons is a terrible way to compare QBs.

Idk about you but I’ve watched them both play. Stafford wasn’t even close to this kind of maturity of Watson. But he’s made a career of compiling stats and losing big games, so good for him. Still hasn’t won a division title.

Again. Watson is on a team that was already stable and consistent BEFORE he arrived. Stafford came to a team that went 1-15 for year before he showed up. It’s easy for Watson to look good when the foundation is already built. Let’s see if he can actually live up to any hype and win a playoff because judging by last year he is too scared to perform when needed most. He will again be a 1 and done no show in play offs facing prob Ryan Tanahill

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He will again be a 1 and done no show in play offs facing prob Ryan Tanahill

This is just hope on your part. Taking one game out of the body of work from a high performer and concluding that he's scared and won't win in the playoffs in future is just dumb as fuck. You're living entirely off that one game in your desperate efforts to deny a superb player. Very odd.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think a couple things might've contributed to the Texans playoff loss last yr.

1) the Texas "D" spotted the Colts about 15pts.

2) that Texans OL was horrible and their HC admitted it. One more thing.....the playoffs are typically more intense than the regular season. So when a team falls behind.....it's almost impossible to come back.

Anyway here's the box score which tracks the pts.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
What makes him “elite”. What’s his playoff record and stats? He’s has not increased the Teams win percentage at all and dude was a bum in his playoff appearance

Houston will finish 9-7 this year just like almost every year before Watson showed up. What has he really done on a team that did the same before he showed up? Elite players elevate their franchise and Watons hasn’t done that yet. So save that elite non sense for someone who doesn’t know football
The Texans went 1-8, finished 4-12 and couldn’t score on offense after he went down his rookie year.

He comes back the next year and the texans win more games than they had in any of the 6 seasons prior in his first full year as starter.

but he doesn’t elevate his franchise? Lol

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I think you can make some good arguments about Patrick Mahomes landing in the perfect spot for him to thrive.

Watson landed in a bad spot and has been carrying that team for two seasons now while JJ Watt was busy chasing Peyton Manning's career record for television commercials.

Watson would be thriving in Chicago. The Bears could be defending a Super Bowl trophy right now instead of watching the second coming of Mark Sanchez.
And they COULD be SB champs right now if they had a kicker who was worth a shit. It's fun to play the could game....

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Come on guys, it's pretty simple.

Watson is a very good QB. He's the very definition of a playmaker (along with Jackson, Rodgers Wilson, and Mahomes). I love watching those guys play.

Mitch can be a good QB for stretches but he's simply been too inconsistent in reading defenses and making accurate throws.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
So, we automatically think that Watson would be a star on the Bears?
Uh yes i do lol. He was a proven winner and battle tested asset it was a no brainer which should have worked for us cuz we gots no brains. What we did is a kin to selling off our Amazon stock to move up to buy Hewlett Packard ffs what were they thinking. And he is the guy that can run Nagy playbook AND would have had a great Defense...

shoez90

Liked Posts:
And they COULD be SB champs right now if they had a kicker who was worth a shit. It's fun to play the could game....
no they could be NFC champions keep your what ifs grounded please

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Watson landed in a better spot that Mahomes

Hell actually both of them landed on playoff teams. Mitch landed on a 3-13 team. lol. The Texans went to the playoffs 4/7 years before Watson even arrived

Watson’s wouldn’t do SHIT in Chicago. Last year he had the 7th ranked defense and 7 ranked rushing team but he choked in his first playoff game. He put up 0 points until the final minutes when the game was out of reach. If he were on Chicago our record would be the same. And he would have lost last years playoff game too
aah we have a ouija board user folks please ask it who will win the next election while your at it. See i based my answers on my eyes and stats not my otherworldly opinions now i see how it works in here lol. We like to play the hypothetical game ok here's one how bout Mitch with robot arms but same understanding of offense however his o line is all tiny Ditkas.... discuss

shoez90

Liked Posts:
If Watson is a guy you win because of how come he doesn’t have a better win percentage tha

Again. Watson is on a team that was already stable and consistent BEFORE he arrived. Stafford came to a team that went 1-15 for year before he showed up. It’s easy for Watson to look good when the foundation is already built. Let’s see if he can actually live up to any hype and win a playoff because judging by last year he is too scared to perform when needed most. He will again be a 1 and done no show in play offs facing prob Ryan Tanahill
Lol nice well he easily looked good against a six time SB winner while Trubisky looked average against a 2 win and 4 win team so there's that..