Watson is carving the Patriots up

mbison

Liked Posts:
The Texans went 1-8, finished 4-12 and couldn’t score on offense after he went down his rookie year.

He comes back the next year and the texans win more games than they had in any of the 6 seasons prior in his first full year as starter.

but he doesn’t elevate his franchise? Lol

Yeah because they had a backup QB that is no longer in the league. Obviously they needed a serviceable QB.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
As much as I wish Watson was a Bear, the Bears would not have won the Superbowl with Watson last year. He was fucking awful in his playoff debut, it wouldn't have been any different here.

If Watson was here this year, Bears would probably be 9-3 or better. But this belief that the 2018 Lombardi Trophy would be in Chicago is laughable and a denial of reality.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah because they had a backup QB that is no longer in the league. Obviously they needed a serviceable QB.

Well it's a good thing he's "serviceable" then ?

mbison

Liked Posts:
This is just hope on your part. Taking one game out of the body of work from a high performer and concluding that he's scared and won't win in the playoffs in future is just dumb as fuck. You're living entirely off that one game in your desperate efforts to deny a superb player. Very odd.

Im going off the fact that he hasn’t improved his teams wining percentage by much or won any play off games. What don’t you understand about my argument?

Again. I’ll keep it short

Houston went to the playoffs 4/6 years before Watson showed up. Watson is not ELITE he is just playing on a damn good football team in a terrible division . When he actually does something for his team (like show up in a playoff game) maybe I’ll have more respect for him. He’s supposed to be a “game changer” and clutch according to y’all but he hasn’t done any of that.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When he actually does something for his team (like show up in a playoff game) maybe I’ll have more respect for him. Right now I’m unimpressed

Cool. Your opinion of him is way out of whack with pretty much every NFL analyst, but like I said, whatever makes you feel good.

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
Mitch is better than watson in every aspect of the game. Better passer, more mobile, better vision, stronger arm, better pocket awareness, better leadership skills is just a few I can name

I ll see you guys at the Super Bowl next year.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Texans went 4-12 because their defense gave up over 27 ppg...
Last year they went 11-5 because their defense gave up less than 20 ppg... 4th best in the NFL
This year, they're inconsistent, but looking good to make a playoff push if they don't crumble. Their game in Nashville in a couple weeks should be a good one.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch is better than watson in every aspect of the game. Better passer, more mobile, better vision, stronger arm, better pocket awareness, better leadership skills is just a few I can name

?

You aren't even trying anymore.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he’d fit this offense better...
Not better than the one he's in. While I agree with most everything in this thread, that is not true. He'd be better than Mitch in it for sure but this O is not his best fit. He's in that now and everyone that gave his HC shit over the O he's been running should just STFU. Watson is awesome and has become a complete QB with his in system reads beside his ability to create and that O fits him to a T.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Anybody else think the Pats D is really overrated? They’ve given up 37 and now 21 (game is still in progress) to the Ravens and Texans. Meanwhile they gave up 9 to the Cowboys highly ranked offense, but I’m not sure I trust the Cowboys offense against better defenses. I have a feeling the Pats D will get exposed later in the season or playoffs.
they just lost homefield to the ravens....we're watching the end of the dynasty, they should have fought to keep AB

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Watson is a guy you win because of how come he doesn’t have a better win percentage tha

Again. Watson is on a team that was already stable and consistent BEFORE he arrived. Stafford came to a team that went 1-15 for year before he showed up. It’s easy for Watson to look good when the foundation is already built. Let’s see if he can actually live up to any hype and win a playoff because judging by last year he is too scared to perform when needed most. He will again be a 1 and done no show in play offs facing prob Ryan Tanahill
What’s wrong with his win%?

“Too scared to perform”. Yes, I’m sure the guy that beat the greatest college dynasty in the title game is too scared to perform. The guy that last night scored 4 TDs vs a D that averaged 10ppg, which is ridiculous regardless of who you play. Earmuff Mafia just loves making shit up. When Watson is in the league for 10 years and still can’t win a playoff game like Stafford, come talk to me.

Fact is he was a better college QB than Mitch. He’s a better pro than Mitch. Better winning percentage despite having a worse defense. Better #s and it’s not even close. Passes the eye test. Passes the ear test. Pace got it wrong and that’s a fact. It would be one thing if Pace did his due diligence with Watson but he didn’t. He let media hype and irrelevant bs decide who would be the next Bears QB.

Watson>Stafford>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mitch

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
they just lost homefield to the ravens....we're watching the end of the dynasty, they should have fought to keep AB
They’d lose all credibility if they did that.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Has Watson thrown for 6 Tds in a single game yet? I think not. Just watch Mitch is about to be the greatest QB to ever to be sponsored by a Denny's restaurant

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt they're at the end of their dynasty just cause they fell to 10-2. Brady has struggled but this is still a team that will do anything required to win it all. They'll get both AB and Gronk back before the playoffs if they have to.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I doubt they're at the end of their dynasty just cause they fell to 10-2. Brady has struggled but this is still a team that will do anything required to win it all. They'll get both AB and Gronk back before the playoffs if they have to.

Gronk can't play this season, the November 30th deadline has passed.