Watson is carving the Patriots up

mbison

Liked Posts:
Cool. Your opinion of him is way out of whack with pretty much every NFL analyst, but like I said, whatever makes you feel good.

I’ll have no problem admitting I’m wrong when he helps his team make a deep playoff run/Super Bowl. Until then he hasn’t done anything to me but benefited from a great surrounding staff while Mitch came to a straight rebuild and has the 3rd worst oline,rushing attack and receiver core in football

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I’ll have no problem admitting I’m wrong when he helps his team make a deep playoff run/Super Bowl. Until then he hasn’t done anything to me but benefited from a great surrounding staff while Mitch came to a straight rebuild and has the 3rd worst oline,rushing attack and receiver core in football
:jonesy:

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To say that Watson hasnt done anything definitely deserves the Andruw Jones GIF.

The one bit of truth in his statement is about the skill position players. Both Mahomes and Watson have had much better WR and TE talent around them.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
To say that Watson hasnt done anything definitely deserves the Andruw Jones GIF.

The one bit of truth in his statement is about the skill position players. Both Mahomes and Watson have had much better WR and TE talent around them.

Mahomes, defintely. Watson has Hopkins for sure, but Watson made Fuller. And Watson's OL has been garbage, and Lamar Miller/Hyde as well as their TEs have been nothing special. The Texans are finally starting to put a decent OL in front of him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mitch played well vs pats it was the special teams that doomed us

A lot of those stats came when the game was out of reach.
He had a big pass play right before the half the padded his stats and then threw a 60yd pass at the end.
He did not play that great vs the Pats

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mahomes, defintely. Watson has Hopkins for sure, but Watson made Fuller. And Watson's OL has been garbage, and Lamar Miller/Hyde as well as their TEs have been nothing special. The Texans are finally starting to put a decent OL in front of him.
I agree about the TE but not about Fuller. He had 635 yards averaging over 13Y/R his rookie year while Watson was still in college. Not to say he was established but he has always shown he has talent.

Hopkins is just special we have no one that compares.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Regardless of talent around them, Fuller was a 1st round pick that didn't need to be made, if he even has been made. Has Fuller even had a 1000yd season?

Watson is better than Trubisky regardless of the scheme or talent. This shouldn't be an argument

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I agree about the TE but not about Fuller. He had 635 yards averaging over 13Y/R his rookie year while Watson was still in college. Not to say he was established but he has always shown he has talent.

Hopkins is just special we have no one that compares.

What I mean is that Watson turned Fuller into the legit deep threat he is, since he can take advantage of his speed. AntMill averaged just under 13 ypr last year as a rookie too. With Watson, Fuller is a 15+ YPC guy.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
A lot of those stats came when the game was out of reach.
He had a big pass play right before the half the padded his stats and then threw a 60yd pass at the end.
He did not play that great vs the Pats
The game was not out of reach. They were a yard away from going to OT.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Not better than the one he's in. While I agree with most everything in this thread, that is not true. He'd be better than Mitch in it for sure but this O is not his best fit. He's in that now and everyone that gave his HC shit over the O he's been running should just STFU. Watson is awesome and has become a complete QB with his in system reads beside his ability to create and that O fits him to a T.
I didn’t make it clear, but I was saying exactly what you’re saying: he’d be better than Mitch in this offense. He’s more confident and more accurate.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody else think the Pats D is really overrated? They’ve given up 37 and now 21 (game is still in progress) to the Ravens and Texans. Meanwhile they gave up 9 to the Cowboys highly ranked offense, but I’m not sure I trust the Cowboys offense against better defenses. I have a feeling the Pats D will get exposed later in the season or playoffs.

Everytime I think the Pats are done, they win another superbowl.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Good QB's can step up against tough defenses. Digging into the stats, you can see that Mitch only really does well against the bottom teams. That's a red flag and a sign that he's not great.

Trubisky Total TD's this year = 13
9 - against the Lions, Lions, and Redskins
4 - against the Packers, Broncos, Saints, Chargers, Eagles, Rams, and Giants

Didn't include the Vikings game since he got hurt after only 3 passing attempts.