We signed Brandon Morrow!

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I'm assuming he wasn't offered a major league deal by anyone.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just curious what the OP did to help facilitate this signing......I mean he did say "we", right?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Good for Morrow, even if he does not throw another pitch for the major league club, at least he wanted to pay us back some.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well if he is healthy it could turn out big.

But if it is me. Wick is my main 8th inning guy. Morrow is my 26 man. He is used sparingly in high leverage only. Maybe 1 guy stuff just to protect his arm.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well if he is healthy it could turn out big.

But if it is me. Wick is my main 8th inning guy. Morrow is my 26 man. He is used sparingly in high leverage only. Maybe 1 guy stuff just to protect his arm.
I would think it's back to backs and 3 times in 5 days that are more dangerous than 25 pitches.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would think it's back to backs and 3 times in 5 days that are more dangerous than 25 pitches.

That is why he should fall into heavy leverage. They really lacked a guy that who can come in and shut a inning down.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If he stays healthy and consistent, then that will obviously help. But feels like they are making this move on hope

Castor76

Liked Posts:
If he stays healthy and consistent, then that will obviously help. But feels like they are making this move on hope

True, but's it's next to no risk. I'm not 100% certain, but if he doesn't do well, can't the Cubs just put him back down in the minors since he signed a minor league deal?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I'm sure Morrow will tell us how good his arm feels in March and we will never see him throw a single fucking pitch all season.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
True, but's it's next to no risk. I'm not 100% certain, but if he doesn't do well, can't the Cubs just put him back down in the minors since he signed a minor league deal?
Depends on the specifics of the deal. I believe he may also just be able to elect free agency given his length of time in baseball though given he came back for a minor league deal I doubt he will. Either way, doesn't seem like making the team is the issue. It's health.