Weed vs oil

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've always been kinda old school and smoked buds, but I just finally bought a pen and am trying out the oil more. I've had oil plenty times before from other people, but never had it myself or smoked a ton of it.

Smoked it after work last night and went out to the bar. My pool game is lights out when I'm bud high, especially with a sativa, but with the oil my body was just too fucked up and I was off my game.

Tonight is a chill at home night and its perfect for that. Smoking a lot of oil gives me a body high almost like edibles, and makes me dopey, in a pleasant way.

I think I'm going to stick with the greenery for going out and keep the pen for home use.

What's your preference?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've always been kinda old school and smoked buds, but I just finally bought a pen and am trying out the oil more. I've had oil plenty times before from other people, but never had it myself or smoked a ton of it.

Smoked it after work last night and went out to the bar. My pool game is lights out when I'm bud high, especially with a sativa, but with the oil my body was just too fucked up and I was off my game.

Tonight is a chill at home night and its perfect for that. Smoking a lot of oil gives me a body high almost like edibles, and makes me dopey, in a pleasant way.

I think I'm going to stick with the greenery for going out and keep the pen for home use.

What's your preference?
I like cannibutter but definitely like to puff a pinner. Dabs are pretty intense for my liking.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a hitter guy in general but I also enjoy oil cartridges or wax sometimes. There are a fuckload of counterfeit cartridges on the (black) market though. They are way too cheap to be from a dispensary.
Come on January, get here already.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
$35-40 for 1 gram oil cartridges of "brands" you can't find on any legit dispensary's web menu?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I recently became smoke free for about 3 months. Fuck the oil. I loved weed. Those pens gave me anxiety and I never had that with anything else in my life. Thanks new age douchebags

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I were to use such a product I probably use a pen more because of the lack of odor. And, again, if I knew something about this I might, hypothetically speaking, recommend experimenting with different strains;paying attention to your preferences. I have heard, not that I would know, that they are different buzzes but really close. Allegedly the oil buzz doesn’t last as long as the bud buzz. Is it possible your pool game was off that night?

But I heard this from a junkie.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Those damb pens make my chest hurt like the first time I ever smoked.
Dabbing is insane and only for stoners(stay high types)
I make 4 pounds of butter and prefer to do that.
If I am alone, I smoke.
All in moderation of course for the judgemental assholes on here.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe I just got a bad cartridge, but the oil did little for me other than make me choke.

I had a roughly six month window that wax was available to me and enjoyed that much better. Never got me one of those crazy glass rigs and handheld torch as that just seemed to be too much, but out of a good vaporizer it was great and lasted me forever. My wax source had a mother with failing health and left Chicago...so I am looking forward to January as "my guy" only has flower and cartridges.

I will say that the wax is a "stay home on my couch" high...while the classic flower is still preferable for social functions or light activities around the house...so really depends what the long term plan for the day is.

My wife makes really good edibles that I am becoming a fan of as well, but I am still working out proper dosing there. I am not used to knocking myself out just by eating four or five peanut butter cups...must learn these are not Reese's.

In order of preference:

1.) Wax
2.) Flower
3.) Edibles
4.) Oil

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like flower. It's more pure.

However, for concerts or a random date night without the kids its fun to have the pen.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I have nicknamed regular green as analog and the oil/pens as digital...at first I was preferring analog, I enjoyed the taste and honestly that's how I was used to smoking. The more I started going digital, the more I was preferring it. It's inconspicuous, it's convenient, and has virtually no smell which with kids I would rather my garage not reek of weed.

I won't discriminate what I smoke, but I will be switching to completely digital once I finish off my analog stuff.