Week 2 bets

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
No one wants to post what they're betting on? Anyway, here's what I have for Week 2 so far:

Car -6.5 over TB
NYG +2 over Buf

I like some other underdogs, but I'm anticipating some favorable line movement. Will jump on it when it hits the right number.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
...I know how it ends.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I took the Chicago Sky to hold home court today. Take the money line, not the -6.5, because Britney Griner is the best player on the floor and with the opposition. The Sky should be able to overwhelm her supporting cast which suck badly, are slow, and undesized. Being a loan big is frustrating and inefficient. With Diana Taurasi out I don't think they can pull the upset, but Griner probably drops a 30/20 line in this one, (the sky have 2 above average big women, but they are more scrappy than long, and compare to the Las Vegas Aces Hamby, with greater offensive polish and a 3 point shot for the overweight white girl, not anything to match or stop Griner inside, but they have 15 fouls and can counter with offense) might be easier to bet on that these days...I can all but promise Griner will score more than 20 points tonight. -250ish, i do not know her prop line or who would carry that.

I also think the Brewers are undervalued after yelich's kneecap. Having won 5 in a row and fighting to the death for a wildcard spot, the Marlins will get a full team rally response from Brewers in the wake of Yelich's emotional exit. If they jump out to a lead, Hader shortens the game and I saw him last week, he was the best pitcher in baseball, throwing nasty running lasers with perfect control (25 strikes in 26 pitches or something)..all 99 and located, running...reminded me for sure of Rivera. So if it gets to 8, I think its over and expect the Brewers to find some early energy. Not only do they have the starting pitching advantage, but their guy is hotter, recommending the -140. Looking closely at the Marlins starters game log, his hits per innings has been high the last 6 weeks, though he is a capable and competent professional facing a weakended Brewers lineup.

I like those in a Wednesday night short parlay. good luck.

Last edited:

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Adding to my Week 2 bets:

Rams -2. I like the Rams here. Saints coming off an emotional win, traveling to natural grass, and on a short week.
Det +1.5
Teaser: Hou -2.5/KC -1

Also taking these. I don't necessarily like them, but they are all home division dogs, and I blindly take them all the time:

Mia +18.5
Was +5.5
Oak +7

I'm putting extra units on the Rams and my teaser.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I fear for you this week. Consider hedging some.

Among my own principles...the lead queston is "do I really need to fuck with the Saints?"

I could talk myself into an edge there but at the end of the day that is a dangerous football team who is still in the game down 14 with 7 minutes to go. Why do I need that stress?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again...the Lions just tied a rookie, giving up 18 consecutive to a midget with no arm or ability to read defenses.

The Chargers are much better than the Cardinals and their offense will not go away until the last whistle. Why do you need to challenge a monster like that?

Low hanging fruit is the Texans against a rookie, the Ravens against a rookie, and the Bears. Thats a good 3 team teaser, moving the field goal in the Bears favor, -2.5 Texans, +3.5 Bears, and getting the Ravens at a touchdown in their home opener against a rookie.

Flacco looks woefully slow and lost, but I worry about their defense scoring a touchdown on Mitch.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My bookie had Week 2 lines before the season even started. I took the Bears at +1 at the time. Bears are now -2, so at least I got some value.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My bookie had Week 2 lines before the season even started. I took the Bears at +1 at the time. Bears are now -2, so at least I got some value.

I like us this week too after witnessing Flacco against the Raiders. He has that Quinn/Cutler/Grossman habit of going fetal mid play in self preservation. Just threaten pressure and he implodes the play. Bust the pocket and he looks for ground sanctuary. 5 sacks easy this week. I just worry about our ability to score 20 points on them, and if we give up a defensive touchdown, i think it could take 20 on the road.