1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
for the regular season...

2018 ......1--1 miss Soldier Field

2017.......3--2 miss at Soldier Field

2016.......2--0 miss at Soldier Field

2015.......4--1 miss at Soldier Field

I guess there is a myth about how hard it is to kick in Soldier Field
Kickers for those 4 seasons have combined to make 91.73% of their FG's. That's good enough to best Justin Tucker the best %FG kicker in NFL history by over 1.5% and 4% better than 2nd place Gould.

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yeah Pace/Nagy bringing in a dozen guys and the circus like competitions have not contributed at all to it being an ongoing topic.
I agree. They clearly should have only brought in one guy or maybe 2 max, just to keep the foolish media and fan critique to a minimum. Never mind doing everything you can to try and find the best kicker possible...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree. They clearly should have only brought in one guy or maybe 2 max, just to keep the foolish media and fan critique to a minimum. Never mind doing everything you can to try and find the best kicker possible...
They cut the best kicker so far, after that huge competition. It was literally front and center in the front and center kicker news. @Rory Sparrow and I were posting a ton about that, but you probably have us on ignore.

Before you run away again, could you at least post who you DON'T have on your ignore list?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

It reminded me of some of the idiots who I manage. I tell them they have to do better at their job, they go into a frenzy for a 24-48 hour period...then its back to doing nothing. Kind of like Pace and the kicker situation.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So as this is a purely sarcastic response, what you are really saying is that the media is at fault for reporting the 12 kicker clown car circus with team announce public displays of ineptitude. FFS Nagy even said he is perpetuating it himself.

"Nagy has promised to throw the gauntlet at them during practice. From using “Augusta silence” to test their focus this spring to his vow to include media members in the fun this summer, Nagy has a plan."

Yeah that damn media just won't let it alone. There is no way Pace/Nagy could have done this more discretely to avoid the media spectacle. Good God you no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As John Madden always said, if you have 30 kickers you have no kickers.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
It sounds like Fry is more consistent and Pineiro is more powerful.

Not sure who I want more but, I want him to be good.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
It sounds like Fry is more consistent and Pineiro is more powerful.

Not sure who I want more but, I want him to be good.

I'm not sure why anyone would choose Pineiro over Fry, as Pineiro wasn't part of Kicking Clown Car Show that apparently is the best way to "find kickers".

NFL%2BVideo%2BCountdown.png

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why anyone would choose Pineiro over Fry, as Pineiro wasn't part of Kicking Clown Car Show that apparently is the best way to "find kickers".

NFL%2BVideo%2BCountdown.png
It sounds to me like Pineiro is one of Jamie Kohl's prize students from kicking camps, so I actually give the edge to him.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So as this is a purely sarcastic response, what you are really saying is that the media is at fault for reporting the 12 kicker clown car circus with team announce public displays of ineptitude. FFS Nagy even said he is perpetuating it himself.

"Nagy has promised to throw the gauntlet at them during practice. From using “Augusta silence” to test their focus this spring to his vow to include media members in the fun this summer, Nagy has a plan."

Yeah that damn media just won't let it alone. There is no way Pace/Nagy could have done this more discretely to avoid the media spectacle. Good God you no idea what you are talking about.
Sure...they could have closed practices to everyone. Then everyone would be complaining because there was no information for us to dissect for the entire off-season.

So much better. Yes, it is the media (and some fans) making a big deal and whining over a kicker.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another thing that should be pointed out is that the Bears kicking has actually been a lot worse than the stats would dictate over the last few years. Especially when the Bears had Connor Barth, they didn't even attempt some of the longer field goals as they knew that the risk was giving great field position with very little likelihood of making the field goal. Against the Bears, its 3 points.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sure...thwy could have closed practices to everyone. Then everyone would be complaining because there was no information for us to dissect for the entire off-season.

So much better. Yes, it is the media (and some fans) making a big deal over a kicker....
It isn't the media's fault the Bears have no good news to report about the kicker situation. Literally not a single poster on CCS agrees with your poor take on this.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
It sounds to me like Pineiro is one of Jamie Kohl's prize students from kicking camps, so I actually give the edge to him.

????

So are you saying the whole Kicker Clown Show was, meaningless?

It reminds me of my days playing on baseball travel teams...having to try out for the team, then not recognizing a few of the kids who made it, because they were exempt from tryouts due to their dads knowing the coach.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sure...they could have closed practices to everyone. Then everyone would be complaining because there was no information for us to dissect for the entire off-season.

So much better. Yes, it is the media (and some fans) making a big deal and whining over a kicker.
So your expectation of the media is to ask no questions about the root cause of 3 of the 5 Bears losses last year if not offered any information or to ignore the carnival atmosphere that Bears created in identifying at least 11 failures by way of public missed kick shaming?

Do you even understand the point of the media or reporters? Hint: Their role is right there in their name.

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So your expectation of the media is to ask no questions about the root cause of 3 of the 5 Bears losses last year if not offered any information or to ignore the carnival atmosphere that Bears created in identifying at least 11 failures by way of public missed kick shaming?

Do you even understand the point of the media or reporters? Hint: Their role is right there in their name.
Media reports. They dont call things a "carnival atmosphere" or even imply that.

Idiots do.