What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
so... I beat the game, tried against a valkyrie and said 'fuck this, life is too short'. What happens if you beat them?

IIRC it unlocks better armor, enchantments, etc. It was a sense of accomplishment for me. I usually love the difficulty. I'm pretty certain it isn't possible to fully upgrade your weapons without defeating the valkyrie in the muspelheim and niflheim.

Honestly though, all the valkyrie just have a simple attack pattern. Once you recognize it, you can defeat them. The first couple are pretty easy. The one in Niflheim is tough because you need to have the armor to be able to withstand the toxic air, take out the valkyrie, then make it back before your time runs out.

But the Valkyrie Queen is, by far, the most difficult battle in the entire game. I probably fought her for a good two days. Her pattern combines every other valkyrie you had fought, IIRC. I defeated the Valkyrie before completing the game, so I was OP compared to the rest of the bosses I ended up fighting.

Also, it is possible to recreate the infinity gauntlet in this game.

https://www.polygon.com/god-of-war-...nfinity-war-thanos-shattered-gauntlet-of-ages

It deals some pretty nice damage. Actually, after looking into it, you can get all the stones after defeating the Valkyries.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
so... I beat the game, tried against a valkyrie and said 'fuck this, life is too short'. What happens if you beat them?

I enjoy the challenge. The boss fights should have been as hard as the Valkyrie. I beat the game with poverty arms and armor.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I now beat 4 Valkyrie

the ones I’m stuck on are
-the mountain in milfgard
-Muspelheim
-niflheim
-alfheim

once I beat those and the queen I got the game at almost 100% except a couple ravens I missed somewhere out there

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Metroid
Animaniacs SNES
Half-Life

Cool Boarders
Adventures of Bayou Billy (The)
Waveracer 64
Katamari Forever

Can't stop....

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
FYI, Assassin's Creed Syndicate is free on the Epic Game Store right now. They've been giving away a lot of free games recently.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
My god of war update

I beat all Valkyrie and just need to kill the queen

i also have to farm a shit load of mist echoes in niflheim to complete the three realm tears which is imo So far the biggest bitch in the game

after thats Done I’m 100% done with the game. Kind of proud of myself usually too lazy to do all this

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
GTA 5.

I cannot stop playing this game. I've done the SP several times. Now what I do are the stock market missions after the SP campaign. Buy up the properties. Fill the garages with cars. Upgrade them and then go on various killing sprees. Some of them with themes.

I'll get a station wagon. Paint it puke green to make it look like the car Michael Myers drove in the original Halloween. Dress Michael up in a hockey mask with a gray jump suit. Play the music on YouTube. Stalk people. Kill them. Take a selfie.

Or with Trevor, I'll dress him up in the pink underwear. Shave his head. Get the tattoo of the boobs. Pick a random spot on the map. Go on a spree. Evade the police until I get to the hangar. Take the fighter to escape.

With Franklin I dress him up like Kobe. Afro. Yellow jersey and shorts. Get a two toned car that's yellow and purple. Go on a spree. Then escape in a helicopter.

Gears of War 5

Horde mode big time on this one. Done the SP several times both on my own and co-op.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

The first couple of levels of this game royally sucked. Then it got REALLY good and stayed that way. I also found a YouTube channel that was a huge help.

Away from the consoles, I've been playing a shit ton of Plague Inc. which I would highly recommend.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
GTA 5.

I cannot stop playing this game. I've done the SP several times. Now what I do are the stock market missions after the SP campaign. Buy up the properties. Fill the garages with cars. Upgrade them and then go on various killing sprees. Some of them with themes.

I'll get a station wagon. Paint it puke green to make it look like the car Michael Myers drove in the original Halloween. Dress Michael up in a hockey mask with a gray jump suit. Play the music on YouTube. Stalk people. Kill them. Take a selfie.

Or with Trevor, I'll dress him up in the pink underwear. Shave his head. Get the tattoo of the boobs. Pick a random spot on the map. Go on a spree. Evade the police until I get to the hangar. Take the fighter to escape.

With Franklin I dress him up like Kobe. Afro. Yellow jersey and shorts. Get a two toned car that's yellow and purple. Go on a spree. Then escape in a helicopter.

If you like GTA 5, try RDR2 if you haven't.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Fallen order had a better story to tell than the new sequel trilogy lol. Even god of war sucked until you got to upgrade out of poverty weapons and skills.

red dead redemption>gta by far. GTA kind of get boring after while

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fallen order had a better story to tell than the new sequel trilogy lol. Even god of war sucked until you got to upgrade out of poverty weapons and skills.

red dead redemption>gta by far. GTA kind of get boring after while

Yeah, the RDR 2 story made is amazing. Still only half way through but taking my time finishing. There's so much to do in there.
Haven't even tried online yet.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the RDR 2 story made is amazing. Still only half way through but taking my time finishing. There's so much to do in there.
Haven't even tried online yet.
1&2 both took me forever to finish it

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I ended going with Spiderman out of that list I posted awhile back. Maybe 30% of the way through it. Pretty damn good. I think Horizon Zero Dawn next.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
My god of war update

I beat all Valkyrie and just need to kill the queen

i also have to farm a shit load of mist echoes in niflheim to complete the three realm tears which is imo So far the biggest bitch in the game

after thats Done I’m 100% done with the game. Kind of proud of myself usually too lazy to do all this
Yeah, the nilfheim grinding sucked.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Thinking of playing this lol