What are you reading?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I cant even tell you how much im loving this current book im readying. So many pages with big words in them. No pictures. Intelligent stuff!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like Bill Browder (Red Notice, Freezing Order) and Anne Applebaum (Gulag, Red Famine, Twilight of Democracy) but they have become so shameless about promoting their own books on Twitter that I nuked them. I think it's an annoying marketing strategy that they're encouraged or obligated to do

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Halfway through Slaughterhouse Five.
Packs a lot to think about.

MarkoBrook

Liked Posts:
Halfway through Slaughterhouse Five.
Packs a lot to think about.
Give mechanical piano and cat's craddle a chance after.
My current read is Murakami's "What I talk about when I talk about running"

P.S. Book was surprisingly good, made me consider trying myself in half-marathon at least. Local running store Run United organizes one every half a year or so, might give it a try

Last edited:

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Give mechanical piano and cat's craddle a chance after.
My current read is Murakami's "What I talk about when I talk about running"
Yeah my next vonnegut will be cats cradle.
I just finished the passenger by cormac mccarthy yesterday and will move onto stella maris soon.

My wife is a big fan of Murakami so I tried a couple of his books but not really my cup of tea. But i really liked the short story barn burning.

MarkoBrook

Liked Posts:
My wife is a big fan of Murakami so I tried a couple of his books but not really my cup of tea. But i really liked the short story barn burning
His novel style is just not for everyone I guess, whole lot of exposition and secondary plotlines. One that I'm reading right now is more of biography-style, so it's different from his usual.

Man, Passenger was so good, now that you've mentioned it, I kinda want to revisit it! :D Been like 6 years I think

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
His novel style is just not for everyone I guess, whole lot of exposition and secondary plotlines. One that I'm reading right now is more of biography-style, so it's different from his usual.

Man, Passenger was so good, now that you've mentioned it, I kinda want to revisit it! :D Been like 6 years I think
I think there's another book called passenger. And I think i know which one youre talking about because when i had googled the title that one kept popping up lol. The one I read was just released a few months ago. it's paired with one called stella maris as sort of a sister book.

MarkoBrook

Liked Posts:
I might've mistook it with The Portable by Kerouac since I've been reading McCarthy's Road at the same time back then. My bad :D

Reading like 150+ books every year for decades sometimes plays tricks on your mind, I've just re-checked and I definite have thought it was Portable

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
I might've mistook it with The Portable by Kerouac since I've been reading McCarthy's Road at the same time back then. My bad :D

Reading like 150+ books every year for decades sometimes plays tricks on your mind, I've just re-checked and I definite have thought it was Portable
Wow you read a lot... I wish I can get through 10 a year which is my goal for 2023 lol.