Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Aaron Rodgers gets a Season Ending Injury?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's not idiotic. He managed to get on the field for ONE season at North Carolina because he couldn't beat out Marquise Williams. A guy that couldn't even get to the NFL. The Bears are the only team in the NFL that would take that guy #2 overall and try to sell us that he's an elite franchise QB. He's not. It's painfully obvious.

You can blame 60 years of Bears QBs (irrelevant, but use it if you wish) all you want. He's not an elite talent. He's not a franchise QB. He's a bust. You clearly love him and support him and use any excuse you can to support him. I don't care about the John Fox season. This is his 3rd year in the NFL. He is still making poor NFL QB caliber throws. Not what you want to see out of the #2 pick. He could get better, but I'm not counting on it. If I'm wrong, you can gloat later and tell me how simplistic and idiotic my take is.

Oh come on now- Dont you know that the John fox season is what made him so erratic with accuracy?

Anyone with Halve a Brane knows that one year of working with Fox destroys all accuracy and gets a player a 5 year "get out of responsibility free" card.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Oh come on now- Dont you know that the John fox season is what made him so erratic with accuracy?

Anyone with Halve a Brane knows that one year of working with Fox destroys all accuracy and gets a player a 5 year "get out of responsibility free" card.

Well played sir! Yes, it seems that some are using that excuse for Trubitchsky.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What an insanely idiotic and simplistic rebuttal. Your reply has all the makings of a toddler throwing a tantrum. You provided a false equivalency between Trubisky and Cutler and even threw in a "Trubitchky" just the check the name calling box to make this a tantrum reply.

Yes, he's had ONE relevant season as the starting quarterback for an organization that can't get the quarterback position figured out individually or systemically. There is no culture of winning quarterbacks in Chicago, nor is there a system that makes sense to develop a young quarterback with the pressure of being the savior right away.

That one season is his rookie campaign for all intents and purposes. If you're gonna count those 12 games under Fox, then you really are clueless.

Look at the early career for Peyton Manning. Look at all the open throws that even Aaron Rodgers missed during the Mike McCarthy fiasco that ultimately lead to him being fired. Being in an offense that allows constant pressure and no running threat is enough to effect a young quarterbacks play on the field. This is the case with any job in the world.

- NFL QB with crap system and personel,

- Racer in a Dodge Neon

- IT guy with crap systems working for a company that cares more about cutting costs

- (Insert any other job in the world here)

ANY job in the world will effect the person doing said job if they are setup for failure organizationally.

If you want emperical evidence of this, just look at the last 60 years of Bears football and let us know what you come up with for how well the quarterback carousel has worked for installing that change in offensive production and philosophy. I'd say 60 years is a large enough sample size to see that evidence for an intelligent fan of the game.

Compare those findings to the Packers, Colts, or any other team that always seems to get "lucky" enough to strike gold at quarterback.

This is also how the Bears always seem to figure out how to build an elite defense.

It's not good luck vs bad luck. It's one team having invested in that philosophy long term and the other knee jerk getting rid of what they have to start over every few years all the while the meathead fans call for crucifying the person inserted into this role setup for failure and screaming about how there's never someone to learn behind.

How do you not get how idiotic this is?

Nice post... Mitch has shown flashes of top tier play but he’s wildly inconsistent. The meathead take is he’s a bust. It’s an easy, simplistic way to channel rage. This year Trubisky is facing some issues that will continue to impede his play if they aren’t fixed. The pressure rate is up, penalties on offense are trending higher and the drop rate is up too. In three starts, Mitch has had 8 passes dropped. Now add in an inability to run the football and you have the final ingredient for lack of offensive success and a poor foundation for development.

More penalties, drops, pressure and a struggling run game are certainly not going to help a developing young QB.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Nice post... Mitch has shown flashes of top tier play but he’s wildly inconsistent. The meathead take is he’s a bust. It’s an easy, simplistic way to channel rage. This year Trubisky is facing some issues that will continue to impede his play if they aren’t fixed. The pressure rate is up, penalties on offense are trending higher and the drop rate is up too. In three starts, Mitch has had 8 passes dropped. Now add in an inability to run the football and you have the final ingredient for lack of offensive success and a poor foundation for development.

More penalties, drops, pressure and a struggling run game are certainly not going to help a developing young QB.

The mental midget take is it's not his fault that he doesn't play like the #2 overall pick. It's an easy, simplistic way to channel the excuses and blindly support a bad player.

In year 3, the #2 overall pick should make an occasional play that carries a team to victory or makes you take notice that he's a franchise QB. He's done nothing like that this year. He actually looks worse.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I suppose Trubitchsky supporters are the same guys that kept on suppoting Cutler.

And I suppose the people that call Trubisky "Trubitchsky" or "Trubustsky" or some other dumb ass nickname, were the same people that blamed Cutler for every issue we had. Tunnel vision the QB when we have other very serious deficiencies on offense. Derp.

Trubisky isn't even our biggest problem on offense. He's like #3 or #4.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
And I suppose the people that call Trubisky "Trubitchsky" or "Trubustsky" or some other dumb ass nickname, were the same people that blamed Cutler for every issue we had. Tunnel vision the QB when we have other very serious deficiencies on offense. Derp.

Trubisky isn't even our biggest problem on offense. He's like #3 or #4.

I didn't say he was our biggest problem, but you can't be blind to the fact that he isn't as talented as the #2 overall pick should be. A guy we traded up one spot and wasted draft picks on to get. A guy that only got on the field at North Carolina because the guy in front of him finally graduated. That guy didn't even make it to the NFL.

He won't be the worst QB in the league, but he won't win games for us nor perform like the #2 overall pick should.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I didn't say he was our biggest problem, but you can't be blind to the fact that he isn't as talented as the #2 overall pick should be. A guy we traded up one spot and wasted draft picks on to get. A guy that only got on the field at North Carolina because the guy in front of him finally graduated. That guy didn't even make it to the NFL.

He won't be the worst QB in the league, but he won't win games for us nor perform like the #2 overall pick should.

What is with bringing up how Trubisky was a backup in his junior season in every other post? It's not a good look.

Yeah, he's a #2 pick. If that upsets you, that's on Pace, not Trubisky. This idea that he needs to live up to your #2 draft pick expectations are hilarious.

It's clear that his development is going slower than people expected. I'd have preferred that he'd be further along. The first 2 games were not encouraging, though he did play well vs. Washington. I'd mention the word "patience", but no one seems to understand that concept. So impatient people with expectations that they feel entitled to have met have been freaking out, calling him a bust, bringing up his junior year in college, etc. But keep this in mind, if you're not patient with Trubisky, it doesn't matter. Because Nagy, Pace, and this organization are clearly committed to him for at least this season.

I prefer to remain optimistic that Trubisky, Nagy, and the oline still have room for improvement and will improve. If they don't, then we're fucked. I also think everyone knew that Trubisky would be a project. And he has been. If you don't like that, blame Pace. Trubisky clearly wasn't as experienced as other QBs, and I think that has shown. We've all known it this entire time. We hoped he'd put it all together sooner, but it's clear that he needs more time, development, experience, etc.

I know that has been hard for some people. But to be fair, the people that are screaming that he's a bust now, were often times the same people saying he was a bust before he ever took a snap in the NFL, or after his first game with Fox and company, or in the middle of the season last year, or during a week in which he didn't even play, or during a week that Mahomes or Watson played great. Lol. Basically, people are fucking idiots. And we have to deal with their idiot verbal diarrhea on these forums all the time. It's really fun.

And hey, if you think what we've seen this season is his ceiling, you can always start collecting money for a billboard.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The mental midget take is it's not his fault that he doesn't play like the #2 overall pick. It's an easy, simplistic way to channel the excuses and blindly support a bad player.

In year 3, the #2 overall pick should make an occasional play that carries a team to victory or makes you take notice that he's a franchise QB. He's done nothing like that this year. He actually looks worse.

I guess the pass he threw in Denver on 4th down to set up the winning kick doesn’t qualify.

The pass he threw to Gabriel for his third TD is a play not too many guys can make.

The sample size this year is incredibly small but that doesn’t matter when you’re raging.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What is with bringing up how Trubisky was a backup in his junior season in every other post? It's not a good look.

Yeah, he's a #2 pick. If that upsets you, that's on Pace, not Trubisky. This idea that he needs to live up to your #2 draft pick expectations are hilarious.

It's clear that his development is going slower than people expected. I'd have preferred that he'd be further along. The first 2 games were not encouraging, though he did play well vs. Washington. I'd mention the word "patience", but no one seems to understand that concept. So impatient people with expectations that they feel entitled to have met have been freaking out, calling him a bust, bringing up his junior year in college, etc. But keep this in mind, if you're not patient with Trubisky, it doesn't matter. Because Nagy, Pace, and this organization are clearly committed to him for at least this season.

I prefer to remain optimistic that Trubisky, Nagy, and the oline still have room for improvement and will improve. If they don't, then we're fucked. I also think everyone knew that Trubisky would be a project. And he has been. If you don't like that, blame Pace. Trubisky clearly wasn't as experienced as other QBs, and I think that has shown. We've all known it this entire time. We hoped he'd put it all together sooner, but it's clear that he needs more time, development, experience, etc.

I know that has been hard for some people. But to be fair, the people that are screaming that he's a bust now, were often times the same people saying he was a bust before he ever took a snap in the NFL, or after his first game with Fox and company, or in the middle of the season last year, or during a week in which he didn't even play, or during a week that Mahomes or Watson played great. Lol. Basically, people are fucking idiots. And we have to deal with their idiot verbal diarrhea on these forums all the time. It's really fun.

And hey, if you think what we've seen this season is his ceiling, you can always start collecting money for a billboard.
You’re on a roll. Nice post.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It has been 5 games and we have seen some pretty serious flaws in this team.

That tells me that many of them are not fixable.

You can't say "the OL needs to play better", then why the hell did they not play better after any of the 5 embarrassing games they put on tape?

The only thing that can help is new personnel and RG is the only spot I see that as a possibility.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. O.J. Howard
2. Jack Doyle
3. Ebron
4. Eifart

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nick Foles
Eli Manning
Beirhart(49ers)
Cam Newton

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DT Hankins
DT Wilfork
DT ??

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trade for a TE, QB, DT sounds about like the shopping list.

Lets say Williams is sufficient, Trubs is the QB...

and trade for a TE.

Defense Wins

Liked Posts:
Chase is awful. Trubisky is below average. Is it possible we can contact the Titians, and pull off a trade for Ryan Tannehill. Ryan Tannehill never had a good team , and still managed to go 8-8.
Blocking. Catching. Tackling. Running.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What can save our Season?

Divine intervention!

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will not be favored against the Saints.

Early line is Bears favored by 3 over the Saints.

This may move a bit based on Saints/Jacksonville and betting. I do like the Jaguars over Saints, but we shall see.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Last season the Bears started off 3-3, who's to say the dear sweet one won't get his shit together and start having some good games.

If mole eye continues to suck for the rest of the season, get a better QB for next year before this franchise wastes another great D.