What do you think Mitches trade value is?

mbison

Liked Posts:
Do you think we would be able to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Mitch? Josh Rosen was traded to the Dolphins for a 2nd round pick last year. Mitch is at least as good as Rosen right?

Thoughts?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
4th or 5th round pick.

mbison

Liked Posts:
No. Rosen’s value was based on draft status and unknown potential.

The book is out on Mitch. He’s a known quantity with little actual value.

Mitch still has “unknown potential” too.
Remember he only started 13 gams in college. We should at least be able to get a 3rd round pick for him IMO

Regardless of what we can get I think the best move is for Pace to try and trade Mitch before we get 0 for him

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mitch still has “unknown potential” too.
Remember he only started 13 gams in college. We should at least be able to get a 3rd round pick for him IMO

Regardless of what we can get I think the best move is for Pace to try and trade Mitch before we get 0 for him

Nothing is special enough in him to really take a risk on Trubisky the draft is the better option.

Football IQ? Nope.
Elite arm? Nope.
Elite Accuracy? Nope.
Leadership? Nope.

He's a good backup QB.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Do you think we would be able to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Mitch? Josh Rosen was traded to the Dolphins for a 2nd round pick last year. Mitch is at least as good as Rosen right?

Thoughts?

As much as Nagys

mbison

Liked Posts:
Nothing is special enough in him to really take a risk on Trubisky the draft is the better option.

Football IQ? Nope.
Elite arm? Nope.
Elite Accuracy? Nope.
Leadership? Nope.

He's a good backup QB.

While I agree with all of this there might be a Coach out there that can turn Mitches career around. He does have a strong arm and he is mobil. With the Success of Lamar Jackson maybe a coach would think if they ran a more Taylor made offense Mitch could play well

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The team trading for Mitch will have to pay him $9 million in 2020.

Chances are there is one GM that wants Trubisky for that.

What round? What's the recent history for QBs like him? Bills trade Tyrod Taylor to Browns for a third-round pick.

I'd say a 3rd Rd. Is a 3rd Rd pick more valuable than having Mitch in competition to start and/or be the backup QB? Probably not.

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
Not much

Nobody is trading for a qb on his last year rookie contract (or pick up his 5th year for a boatload) who has proven to be a below avg starter.

They can wait a year and bring him in on the cheap to see if he can improve.

Be shocked if we can get a 4th or 5th

coolio

Liked Posts:
A third at the highest, but I doubt any team would even offer that. I think you're more likely to get a 4th or 5th round.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Thoughts?

3-5th round

mbison

Liked Posts:
I think the Panthers would be a good trade partner. Mitch would be a good insurance policy for Cam Newton next year. They also have similar playing styles and maybe Mitch would flourish in that style of offense

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I say the Bears should just keep Mitch as a backup. He's probably at to 5 backup in the league, and who knows, maybe sitting behind a decent QB he could develop at his own pace and if the starter gets hurt or a season ender, and MItch comes in with a HUGE BOUNCE BACK, CAREER RESURRECTING PERFORMANCE, then the Bears can trade him and get a 2nd or 3rd for him, like if he won a division championship or something like that...