What happened to this guy?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. He's fluid, decisive and on target.
2. He's chubby, intense, and willing to throw it downfield.

What in the hell has happened? Look at this clip and marvel at what could have been:

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

c67cfb60-acd2-11e9-befe-7d1377205f01

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Play action plays. Getting Trubisky to roll out and on the run he seems like a much better passer than standing in the pocket.

I had thought the same thing. Just look at the last pass in itself. All throughout the game when he was standing in the pocket, he was missing targets. Then you get that last play where he is running and even passes the ball while doing a hop and he hits Robinson right in the numbers.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
They're trying to turn him into a pure pocket passer. I have no idea why. His strength was his threat to scramble and make something happen or run. He seems very uncomfortable in the pocket. Why turn him into a Tom Brady when he can be a Russell Wilson?

I have a feeling they're worried he's gonna get hurt running around like he did the first 2 years.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Look at all his best throws... When he's rolling out of the pocket. When is the last time Nagy has called a rollout? How about a slant?

Trubisky has been bad, there's no way around this, but Nagy has not played towards his strengths as a passer. Get him out of the damn pocket, let him read half the field instead of all of it, and let him use his legs more.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
That the current offense is more complex than half field reads on bootlegs? And he's not playing against second/third stringers anymore? Idk.
Yup, no Von Miller or Chris Harris out there. Not to mention no pressure of a road game with weird field conditions and an offensive line struggling just to get into their alignments without running into eachother.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Look at all his best throws... When he's rolling out of the pocket. When is the last time Nagy has called a rollout? How about a slant?

Trubisky has been bad, there's no way around this, but Nagy has not played towards his strengths as a passer. Get him out of the damn pocket, let him read half the field instead of all of it, and let him use his legs more.
Rolling out towards Von Miller or Chubb multiple times will get him destroyed. He actually called a few of them past couple games though.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
First game in the NFL and he looks like a completely different player. A much better player. Confident, decisive, accurate af.

Makes you wonder.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They're trying to turn him into a pure pocket passer. I have no idea why. His strength was his threat to scramble and make something happen or run. He seems very uncomfortable in the pocket. Why turn him into a Tom Brady when he can be a Russell Wilson?

I have a feeling they're worried he's gonna get hurt running around like he did the first 2 years.

How many QBs succeed in this league without being able to throw from the pocket?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
1. He's fluid, decisive and on target.

What in the hell has happened? Look at this clip and marvel at what could have been:

Uh, preseason?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Uh, preseason?

Look at the throws, sheep fucker. They are darts that are all accurate while on the move. Doesn't matter who's playing defense, those are still nice.

Lets face the sad reality. Chicago is cursed and will never have an elite QB. We could have had mahomes and would have turned him into cutler.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Oh that’s why he’s able to all of a sudden throw 20-25 yards down the field like a surgeon.

Dudes in his own head.

I've said it before that the media/fans get inside players heads a LOT, especially QB's.

All the armchair QB's on here who have never played a sport in their lives said if a player is that soft they shouldnt be in pro sports. The mental aspect to the game is seriously real, especially for a QB. I think Mitch is trying way too hard now because he knows an entire city depends on him to be a franchise qb, and as a direct result is overthinking.

He went from being the QB for a 4 win team that had no real pressure on him, to being the only real weak link on a superbowl caliber team. Dude needs to just go back to slinging it like he's on the playground. IDK if he ever will tho.