What I want to see from Pace

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Every single team should aim to have a good OL and good offensive weapons. I don’t care who you have at QB.... good offenses have a great line and good to great weapons at multiple positions. Has literally nothing to do with trubisky and his limitations.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I think all your emotion from the other threads is clouding your judgment. My point is that most of our 1st (or later) round picks at QB haven't even made it up to second tier, sir.

I thought he was being sarcastic and found it funny. But I am unaware of any other threads he is posting in.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What I want to see from Pace
Bring in another mobile, play-making Qb who we can groom and/or compete with Mitch. I want to see the Qb position as strong as our LB position.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
His “return to last year” which average. Is that a good thing? Isn’t he supposed to be getting better with time?

Stick to your guns. Without continuing his play these last 3 games playing like he did against Dallas, Mitch is a lame duck. He's a frigging backup.

The guys arguing with you...it's the same shit for decades of Bears QBs. Some guys cannot admit Trubisky is a bust/massive disappointment. They will argue the same shit next year too. In his 4th freaking year he might be average because that's his ceiling. We've seen his best. He ain't got it. Rip the band-aid off.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Stick to your guns. Without continuing his play these last 3 games playing like he did against Dallas, Mitch is a lame duck. He's a frigging backup.

The guys arguing with you...it's the same shit for decades of Bears QBs. Some guys cannot admit Trubisky is a bust/massive disappointment. They will argue the same shit next year too. In his 4th freaking year he might be average because that's his ceiling. We've seen his best. He ain't got it. Rip the band-aid off.

He just sucks. Plain and simple.
Trust me I know. I said all last year / offseason he gets until year 3 from me but after that he gets no excuses. I don’t think a lot of posters took that seriously and don’t understand I can live with growing pains for a couple years but at the end of the day... you are supposed to eventually get past them, and if you don’t, maybe they weren’t even growing pains to begin with? I think a lot of posters, and myself to a certain extent as well, wanted the bears to have a franchise QB so bad they lied to themselves to the point where they believed they had one.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Pace wants to ride with Trubisky I need to see at least 2 high quality additions to the OL in free agency or the draft.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
If Pace wants to ride with Trubisky I need to see at least 2 high quality additions to the OL in free agency or the draft.

What does trubisky have to do with the trash O L play???? Last year we saw his mobility make guys look better than they were.... I don’t care what QB is back there the bears absolute need a starting guard. They could certainly use a tackle as well.

This has 0 to do with trubisky.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What does trubisky have to do with the trash O L play???? Last year we saw his mobility make guys look better than they were.... I don’t care what QB is back there the bears absolute need a starting guard. They could certainly use a tackle as well.

This has 0 to do with trubisky.

His mechanics and vision go to shit when he is pressured.

He is not a QB that is at his best throwing 45 times, which means you need to be able to run the ball.

Play action works better when you have a good OL.

You need a good OL with Trubisky because he is not an elite QB like Wilson or Rodgers who make up for sub standard OL play with their timing and movement ability.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
His mechanics and vision go to shit when he is pressured.

He is not a QB that is at his best throwing 45 times, which means you need to be able to run the ball.

Play action works better when you have a good OL.

You need a good OL with Trubisky because he is not an elite QB like Wilson or Rodgers who make up for sub standard OL play with their timing and movement ability.

All QB’s outside of Russell Wilson get worse under pressure. Your statement is fair but you are making it sound like trubisky is the exception, when in reality there are 31 QB’s in the league that all benefit from a superior OL or run game. Hell, that excuse has been made for Rodgers for years that he would benefit from an actual run game.
Also, look at Seattle. That offense is predicated on the run game. Any NFL offense needs to run the ball. Trubisky needs to improve but it’s absolutely not his fault that the o line is shit and the run game is shit.

edit: also, last I checked Rodgers has played behind an elite OL with players like baktiari setting a standard for pass pro for some time.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All QB’s outside of Russell Wilson get worse under pressure. Your statement is fair but you are making it sound like trubisky is the exception, when in reality there are 31 QB’s in the league that all benefit from a superior OL or run game. Hell, that excuse has been made for Rodgers for years that he would benefit from an actual run game.
Also, look at Seattle. That offense is predicated on the run game. Any NFL offense needs to run the ball. Trubisky needs to improve but it’s absolutely not his fault that the o line is shit and the run game is shit.

edit: also, last I checked Rodgers has played behind an elite OL with players like baktiari setting a standard for pass pro for some time.

I agree 80% of the league needs a really good OL to compete.

Teams that win with non-elite QBs tend to do so because of the OL. Baltimore, Buffalo, SF are great examples of that this season.

The Bears are clearly in that group.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I agree 80% of the league needs a really good OL to compete.

Teams that win with non-elite QBs tend to do so because of the OL. Baltimore, Buffalo, SF are great examples of that this season.

The Bears are clearly in that group.

I still think that number is higher when you look at successful teams. There are very very few teams that have success in spite of their OL play. I can’t really think of any off the top of my head outside of the Seahawks being average.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
I agree with Windy.

If we upgrade the line, it will make a huge difference in the outcomes on the offensive side of the ball. Massie, Long, Leno, and the parade of backups is not going to work. If we invest capital into the line, then it will make Mitch better overnight.

With that said, I wanted to take a moment to highlight that Mitch is the most accurate Bears QB with a minimum of 16 games started. At this juncture, we can say that Mitch is on a similar trajectory to Cutler in terms of impact. Where Jay had the arm, Mitch has the legs and we should probably take advantage of Mitch's ability to move around. Improving the line will even make this option even more viable.

Looking at the board and looking at the options, we do not have a choice but to double down on Mitch. We don't have enough draft capital to get a better QB and the FA market is terrible. Free Agents do not win Super Bowls unless they are GOATs (like Brees and Manning).

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I agree with Windy.

If we upgrade the line, it will make a huge difference in the outcomes on the offensive side of the ball. Massie, Long, Leno, and the parade of backups is not going to work. If we invest capital into the line, then it will make Mitch better overnight.

With that said, I wanted to take a moment to highlight that Mitch is the most accurate Bears QB with a minimum of 16 games started. At this juncture, we can say that Mitch is on a similar trajectory to Cutler in terms of impact. Where Jay had the arm, Mitch has the legs and we should probably take advantage of Mitch's ability to move around. Improving the line will even make this option even more viable.

Looking at the board and looking at the options, we do not have a choice but to double down on Mitch. We don't have enough draft capital to get a better QB and the FA market is terrible. Free Agents do not win Super Bowls unless they are GOATs (like Brees and Manning).

I was gonna let this go, but jay hurt and set this team back (that's why he's finally gone, thanks to Pace).

I wouldn't want jay's so called " trajectory" mentioned in the same sentence with Mitch. jay had no "trajectory " IMO. I don't want any Qb we have to be like jay at all

Free Agents do not win Super Bowls unless they are GOATs (like Brees and Manning).

Quick note: We gave P. Manning a SB. And Denver's "D" gave him another

Last edited:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If Pace decides that Mitch is the guy next year then he’s setting himself up to fail.

The will NEVER win a SB with TRU

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
I was gonna let this go, but jay hurt and set this team back (that's why he's finally gone, thanks to Pace).

I wouldn't want jay's so called " trajectory" mentioned in the same sentence with Mitch. jay had no "trajectory " IMO. I don't want any Qb we have to be like jay at all

Quick note: We gave P. Manning a SB. And Denver's "D" gave him another

There is a different personality type between Jay and Mitch. The comparison was solely statistical. Nothing more.