WHAT IF: The Bears Drafted Rodgers

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
If the Bears drafted Rodgers, then he wouldn't be entering the HOF in the future.

Several have said similar here.

Would he HAVE to be HOF though? What if his talent convinces a better OC to come to CHI? Or even if we have Martz, what if his toughness gets him playing the whole 2010 NFCC Game? Is there a Super Bowl in 06? 10? 11?

Even IF we both grant he wouldn't have put up the HOF numbers while doing so?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Before I head out for the day, I'd like to say one thing: Rodgers is not my favorite GB QB. I liked Favre (and hated Favre for wearing GB and killing us all the damn time)

I would rather have had Favre than Rodgers BUT I am very sure Favre would have made no difference in the Wanny/Jauron years. That's how bad the Bears were back then imo.

Speculating Rodgers on Lovie's teams feels like a different sort of possibility there.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
If the Bears had drafted Elway or Brees, CCS would have been exploring alternatives because each struggled mightily for years before finding “it.” Brees was not an effective QB until his 4th season in the NFL and was regularly benched for Doug Flutie. Elway looked completely lost early in his NFL career. Either one of these guys would have killed to have a second season in the NFL like the one Mitch posted last year.

Who knows about Rodgers because he didn’t play right out of the gates for the Packers.

After the ‘83 draft, it looked like the Broncos had completely blown it by picking Elway. Marino hit the ground running and Elway had a rough start to say the least. Kelly was awesome but he played something like three years in the USFL before moving over to the NFL.

Mitch may end up a bust but he’s not one right now no matter how bad some want him to be.

It does crack me up reading the proclamations around here that already have Mitch’s whole career trajectory pegged.

? this.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ok this hypo is silly both ways. Impossible to say we win Super Bowl and equally impossible to say he would shit the bed playing Eagles weak secondary and with our defense.

Think what is fair to say is that based on their actual play, Watson and Mahommes would increase Bear's chances as they are obviously playing better.

All i said is that the one playoff game watson played he shit his pants, because some dude said we'd win a superbowl last year if we had him.

Calm down junior.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All i said is that the one playoff game watson played he shit his pants, because some dude said we'd win a superbowl last year if we had him.

Calm down junior.

Yes and you said that to suggest he would have shit the bed against the Eagles which as I said is equally as silly as saying we would win Super Bowl. How he played in a single game against Colts tells us very little about how he would play against Eagles unless you think their personnel, defenses and schemes are identical.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Yes and you said that to suggest he would have shit the bed against the Eagles which as I said is equally as silly as saying we would win Super Bowl. How he played in a single game against Colts tells us very little about how he would play against Eagles unless you think their personnel, defenses and schemes are identical.
Watson is literal trash fuller is open 90% of the time after 3 seconds and hopkins is probably the greatest possession wide receiver of this decade.

mecha

Liked Posts:
if Rodgers were installed in Lovie Smith/Ron Turner's system, he wouldn't be the same player he became. all the reasons have been outlined ad nauseum for years, the fact this discussion is even still happening blows my mind.

the same could be said for Watson or Mahomes in a John "I want to retire already and don't care anymore" Fox/whatever-OC-he-dug-up-then system (I genuinely don't care or remember now). both players were installed in strong offensive-minded systems and have teams built for their success. Bears offense has been a patchwork work in progress since the 1980s (or probably more specifically the 1940s) and the team as a whole has been governed by the meatball "defense wins championships brah!" mantra since they won it all in 1985.

Trubisky is some introvert dork that can barely talk in interviews and probably is on the same anxiety meds as Trey Burton. he's a downgrade from Matt Barkley at this stage in his life. Ryan Pace has made some great personnel moves in the 3rd and 4th rounds of the draft. he continues to be epic fail at the 1st round, and even fucked up the trade process to get someone better in the draft. this team is an abortion right now, and I haven't even touched on Matt Nagy's ineptitude to call a balanced offense or use his now average/above-average players to their full potential, thus making Trubisky look even worse than he already is. this team didn't need another project quarterback. you can get those for almost free later in the draft or UDFAs. you don't trade like 4 draft picks to move up one spot for a project quarterback.

EDIT: I anticipate CuckCitySports will cling to my comment about "average/above-average players". you can't really vouch for how good/bad they are given the present circumstances. they should've had sizable upgrades at WR/RB but it's not being reflected due to whatever yet. see you chaps next week.

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You have to wonder if Grossman didn't get hurt early in the 2004 season if the Bears would have realized that he sucked. They might have won a few more games than the 5-11 record that year, but still would have been picking before the Packers took him in the mid 20s.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
There is so much distinction in this organization that Rodgers couldn’t even help.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
if Rodgers were installed in Lovie Smith/Ron Turner's system, he wouldn't be the same player he became. all the reasons have been outlined ad nauseum for years, the fact this discussion is even still happening blows my mind.

the same could be said for Watson or Mahomes in a John "I want to retire already and don't care anymore" Fox/whatever-OC-he-dug-up-then system (I genuinely don't care or remember now). both players were installed in strong offensive-minded systems and have teams built for their success. Bears offense has been a patchwork work in progress since the 1980s (or probably more specifically the 1940s) and the team as a whole has been governed by the meatball "defense wins championships brah!" mantra since they won it all in 1985.

Trubisky is some introvert dork that can barely talk in interviews and probably is on the same anxiety meds as Trey Burton. he's a downgrade from Matt Barkley at this stage in his life. Ryan Pace has made some great personnel moves in the 3rd and 4th rounds of the draft. he continues to be epic fail at the 1st round, and even fucked up the trade process to get someone better in the draft. this team is an abortion right now, and I haven't even touched on Matt Nagy's ineptitude to call a balanced offense or use his now average/above-average players to their full potential, thus making Trubisky look even worse than he already is. this team didn't need another project quarterback. you can get those for almost free later in the draft or UDFAs. you don't trade like 4 draft picks to move up one spot for a project quarterback.

EDIT: I anticipate CuckCitySports will cling to my comment about "average/above-average players". you can't really vouch for how good/bad they are given the present circumstances. they should've had sizable upgrades at WR/RB but it's not being reflected due to whatever yet. see you chaps next week.

Had no idea it was decided "ad nauseum" that every quality QB the Bears passed on would not have been quality anyway due to the systems already in place. Thanks for your clarification and your expert opinion so objectively and authoritatively given here that anyone who could possibly disagree must be a typical member of "CuckCitySports".

You won't get push back on the "average/above average" player remarks from me, but no need to even check in next week as far as I can tell.

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you fuckboys seriously need to take a break from football I think the fact we drafted mitch is mentally breaking some of you down.
Seriously! They ain't happy with anything!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Rodgers was a project. His mechanics and some of the shit he did was really bad. He needed years to develop. He would have been mediocre here. With Lovie and Ron Turner lololol.

Instead, he went to an organization that knows how to develop QBs.

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is a concept! How about we work on our shit offensive line so we can open holes for Montgomery, Cohen, and Patterson to run for more than a three yard gain? This will also open up our offense and make it more balanced. Trubisky would end up having a good to great career.. But haters don't want that. Instead they would rather see trubisky fail so they can say they were right..

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Calm down junior.
You are 100 percent right .. we would have still lost because we had choker double doink parkey!

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Here is a concept! How about we work on our shit offensive line so we can open holes for Montgomery, Cohen, and Patterson to run for more than a three yard gain? This will also open up our offense and make it more balanced. Trubisky would end up having a good to great career.. But haters don't want that. Instead they would rather see trubisky fail so they can say they were right..

Who are you talking about? Not me who in this very thread said I don't believe in Mitch but if he does well, I will happily eat crow. I have never met anyone say what you claim to have read here?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What if: you cut off ur own dick and shoved it up ur own ass ?

What if: posters ignored threads they didn't care for instead of pretending to be above the discussion and acting like douches handwaving at the rest of us with sweaters tied around their shoulders fistbumping to juvenile taunts like frat bros pissing on innocent passersby?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Interesting side note here: I have never once disliked any post yet here. I was close a couple of times but I find constructing retorts more productive and less passive aggressive bitchy.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
@pablovi why don't you man up and say something
What if: posters ignored threads they didn't care for instead of pretending to be above the discussion and acting like douches handwaving at the rest of us with sweaters tied around their shoulders fistbumping to juvenile taunts like frat bros pissing on innocent passersby?
I will and have this was my first look into the what if: and i felt clickbaited and trolled.