What is the worst oline in bears history?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The two worst ones were early Cutler years ...specifically the one that got him sacked 7 times against the Giants.

The next worse one was when Kordell Stewart was here.

IMO, complaints against our o-line is a recency bias. They haven't been good, but I don't think they are historically bad.

Yep. With the exception of the first half of 2010 when they were truly brutal, the OL has generally been a scapegoat to excuse bad QB play for most of the past decade or so. They aren't good but we exaggerate how bad they are.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yep. With the exception of the first half of 2010 when they were truly brutal, the OL has generally been a scapegoat to excuse bad QB play for most of the past decade or so. They aren't good but we exaggerate how bad they are.

The OL is a scapegoat for bad QB play?

K. Let's watch them runblock. It is a god damn trainwreck. Get outta here with that shit, dude. Seriously. Sometimes you have valid points, and then sometimes you say some Special person shit like this. Jesus.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
this lines main issues is in the run game. They have not been great in pass protection in a few games but it is the push in the run game that needs work. If Bears are going to beat the Saints, they have to get the run game going because they are not going to be able to pass for much against that secondary.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Interesting to see people say the Bears "haven't invested in the line". 3 of the 5 are highly paid, 1 is on a rookie contract, the last one is Kyle Long. 1 is a first round pick, 2 are 2nd rounders that the Bears used. The line has seen heavy investment (especially relative to the ones that got Cutler concussed), it's just not returning well on the investment this year.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Whatever that year was under Lovie/Tice where they changed the line every single week. They did absolutely nothing well. They were by far worse at pass pro than this years line but slightly better at run blocking. So it's between those two for me.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
2009 was probably the worst. Couldn't run the ball well and also the defense couldn't stop the run consistently or rush the passer

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Obviously now since the best qb and rb in the league are struggling
To be fair, Omnifail was not worse than what Leno has given the Bear so far this year. In fact, Webb was better, LOL. It's like watching Chris Williams at LT again. I expect Leno to step it up at some point but he has played ugly, both mentally and physically and I don't think we've ever had worse G play than what Long has shown this year. He made Larsen look like an all pro. 2010 is a worse line with CW, OMGfail, Webb and a done Kreutz at the same time but any 2 of those weren't worse than Leno and Long to this point of 2019 and it' not like the other 3 are are actually playing well.

Football outsiders has our line ranked 25th. Must be high because of that game Larsen played, LOL.

Last edited: