What is your realistic expectation for Trubisky?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Alex Smith sounds like a fair comparison and I think they'll have similar careers except Trubisky will probably have better defense throughout his career.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
In the end game he's gonna be judged on performing vs the division leader and at present it's the Packers.

Think of it this way. Jay Cutler in a Bear uniform finished 2-11 vs Packers with some horrific performances. When your QB saves his worst games vs the division leaders, you end up being in the playoffs only once in Jay's career and its unfortunate cause Jay had some stout Bear defenses during his reign.

Look how close some of these games were before Jay shit the bed with a costly pick.

Last edited:

Username

Liked Posts:
As with all running QB's, he'll keep running until he's too injured to be effective. Should be in about 2 years.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
As with all running QB's, he'll keep running until he's too injured to be effective. Should be in about 2 years.
Tribusky has 2 less rushing attempts then Aaron Rodgers this season. Lol he's not a running quarterback. Just because a QB is a pretty fast doesn't mean they're a running QB.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Alex Smith sounds like a fair comparison and I think they'll have similar careers except Trubisky will probably have better defense throughout his career.
Yeah I feel that too. Alex Smith was also
considered a bust and people compared him to Rodgers because they were both in the same draft class. Maybe Mitch will be a late bloomer

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Tribusky has 2 less rushing attempts then Aaron Rodgers this season. Lol he's not a running quarterback. Just because a QB is a pretty fast doesn't mean they're a running QB.

He's run as much as he should but I'd consider him a running QBs more than a packet passer. Alex Smith, Dak Prescott, and Cam Newton went a while before getting seriously injured if at all.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ceiling a more mobile Alex Smith.

Floor a complete bum.

Unfortunately he's been closer to the floor than the ceiling for the most part so far.

Yeah he's still very inexperienced and it'll probably show against the packers.

Pace still messed up with Trubisky but he's not awful.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah I feel that too. Alex Smith was also
considered a bust and people compared him to Rodgers because they were both in the same draft class. Maybe Mitch will be a late bloomer

I'd still rather have Mahomes or Watson but Trubisky can be decent.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Rodgers has typically has had alot more rushing atts then this year.

Trubisky really should be a running QB, Nagy just uses him dumb.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll be happy when we aren't talking about floor or ceilings anymore. Either way. I would just like to see some sort of conclusion.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
After his rookie year, I said we got a QB who's going to be about as productive as Joe Flacco. Every laughed and said I was trolling. We should be praying he's as good as Flacco.

Shame on anyone hoping his ceiling is Alex Smith. If that's true we need to move on soon.

Username

Liked Posts:
If he's not a running QB, what is he?