What Preseason Week 2 proves Nagy is doing

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The one thing I'd like to see is how many teams rest their starters in preseason and then have injuries in the first couple weeks of the regular season. Not sure if there would be a correlation, but I think that would be the issue....guys not being conditioned to hit for Week 1 and then getting hurt.

Don't know about injuries, but you definitely see guys getting gassed by the third quarter. Especially on D

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm fine with starters not playing, I just wish they'd shorten the preseason. Two games ought to be enough. We've been counting down to 9/5 forever and there's still more than two weeks left, and two more of these pointless televised scrimmages which people inexplicably buy tickets to watch.

bet you the league pushes even harder than they have in the past for an 18 game season during CBA meetings. coaches are almost forcing them. owners don't want to lose those extra home games, they know people are going to get fed up paying full price for preseason games with no starters.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought it was kinda funny

you know there's people out there saying this shit.
Ikr? Imagine knowing something to be a troll job and still getting upset about it in 2019.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Did the starters not play in the 85 preseason though?

They played in the preseason games and in camp they went full pads, full contact, two a days, those were fun to watch. They were basically playing two full games a day, preseason games were like a break. I'm surprised they even lived to make it to the regular season.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They played in the preseason games and in camp they went full pads, full contact, two a days, those were fun to watch. They were basically playing two full games a day, preseason games were like a break. I'm surprised they even lived to make it to the regular season.
Lol. That’s what I thought.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see both sides to this argument and I think the answer has to lie somewhere in the middle. Im afraid no game speed reps will bring sloppy tackling and OLine play for the first few weeks or the season.

I look at perennial playoff teams teams like the Patriots and Steelers whose future HOF QBs are not only playing in preseason but have said in interviews they find the game speed reps to be beneficial. If Mitch comes out cold to start the season Nagy will take heat for the lack of preseason reps.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
lots of injuries last night. Even if it means the Bears are a little off game one it’s worth it