What Tight End Should Bears Sign In Free Agency?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Blake Jarwin

I really like this kid and think he can be a steal in free agency at tight end he's done well behind Jason Witten.

NA5SM3RTCZNOLOCWJXJAXILMRE.jpg

Eric Ebron

Coming off a season ending injury and will probably be cheap due to his injury history.

Austin Hooper

Great tight end but may be out of our price range.

DqswqU3WsAEHG6p.jpg

Hunter Henry

Will cost an arm and a leg but be worth every penny.

hunter-henry.jpg

Tyler Eifert

Good TE but can't stay healthy he will be cheap though.

b9b6ba32aa68590aa7b746a9d7585adc_md.jpg

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck Ebron. All the athleticism in the world, completely inconsistent catching the ball.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Holtz and Horsted. Draft a playmaker. Horsted could make major strides in the offseason as a U. Shaheen/Sowell/Burton can get fucked.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I'd say TE is probably the only must have FA pick up. Any of those listed would be a huge upgrade but not keen on Eifert for obvious reasons.

Hooper would be great and I think ATL will have to let him leave but someone else will offer him a better opportunity or more money. Take a run at him for sure.

My FA top 5...

1) Hooper
2) Henry
3) Sherff
4) Thuney
5) Any remaining non-anxious TE from a decent College

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Hooper will get close to what a top OG will get. I’ll take the OG and draft a Tackle

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'd say TE is probably the only must have FA pick up. Any of those listed would be a huge upgrade but not keen on Eifert for obvious reasons.

Hooper would be great and I think ATL will have to let him leave but someone else will offer him a better opportunity or more money. Take a run at him for sure.

My FA top 5...

1) Hooper
2) Henry
3) Sherff
4) Thuney
5) Any remaining non-anxious TE from a decent College

More money? Ya, better opportunity? Dunno. He has the chance to be a featured target in an offense that utilizes its TE's heavily. No real competition to eat his target share away.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Hooper will get close to what a top OG will get. I’ll take the OG and draft a Tackle

I'm down with Scherff and drafting a tackle.

I'm not really down with a TE room of busts, UDFAs and street pick ups even if Horsted and Holtz continue to ball out in the last three games.

msadows

Liked Posts:

TE might be the most important position in this offense, man.

Arguably it might be more important to get a good one this offseason than a RG.

Look at every team running this offense, they all have an elite TE. We got our 5th stringers marching out there. Can't neglect the position again.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm down with Scherff and drafting a tackle.

I'm not really down with a TE room of busts, UDFAs and street pick ups even if Horsted and Holtz continue to ball out in the last three games.

Yup, a TE is a young QB's best friend too. It's why we got Shaheen when we picked mitch. He just ended up being a fucking bum. In theory it was the right move to draft a TE high, just picked the wrong one.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
More money? Ya, better opportunity? Dunno. He has the chance to be a featured target in an offense that utilizes its TE's heavily. No real competition to eat his target share away.

Absolutely, but we're currently 7-6 with a big ? over our QB and limited cap space.

There's a lot riding on these last three games, certainly more than our minuscule playoff hopes.

Play well, go 2-1 or better, and Mitch puts some good games together then it'll be easier to attract guys like Hooper.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Absolutely, but we're currently 7-6 with a big ? over our QB and limited cap space.

There's a lot riding on these last three games, certainly more than our minuscule playoff hopes.

Play well, go 2-1 or better, and Mitch puts some good games together then it'll be easier to attract guys like Hooper.

No doubt. No doubt. I still feel like he goes to who offers him the most cash considering this is his first(and maybe only) big payday.

I heavily doubt the bears will be in position to spend that much money on the TE position, even thought they should if they are serious about fixing this trash offense.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
No doubt. No doubt. I still feel like he goes to who offers him the most cash considering this is his first(and maybe only) big payday.

I heavily doubt the bears will be in position to spend that much money on the TE position, even thought they should if they are serious about fixing this trash offense.

I don't think they have much choice to be honest.

Now that Mitch has shown something, they will cling on to it for dear life. Upshot of that is they have to do everything they can (again) to make him succeed. TE has been a wasteland all year...

You can't rely on Burton, physically or mentally.
Shaheen is probably the worst player Pace has ever drafted.
The offense is heavily dependent on competent TE play.

You can't go in to 2020 with a UDFA, a street pick up and a STer as your TE group.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Logan Thomas