What trade would be most ideal for the Bulls this season?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been thinking a lot about it. Ideally, the Bulls would be able to add a SF with three-point shooting and at least solid defense to maintain their advantage in terms of Jimmy Butler's size at the 2 and their strength on the boards. There really isn't anyone available.

The player I'd most like to see traded out of Gasol+Gibson+Mirotic+Noah+Portis is Noah.

So out of all of the teams who might be looking to trade an above average wing player to us, I see New Orleans as that team. Eric Gordon and Joakim Noah are both expiring contracts this summer.

New Orleans has been terrible on defense. Noah brings that to the table.

Chicago is in need of an additional shooter/defensive player. Eric Gordon brings that to the table.

It's not ideal, but it's better than anything else I can realistically think of.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Who can we trade Gasol to?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who can we trade Gasol to?

It seems pointless to trade Gasol. Anywhere the Bulls trade him, that team would know he would likely walk in free agency if they aren't a contender. And looking at the current group of contenders (GS+SA+OKC+LAC...not including CLE for obvious reasons), there isn't a single one of them who has a piece of substantial enough value to offer the Bulls in return for him.

If Gasol stays with the Bulls for nearly equal money, I'd be fine with him remaining on the team with a lesser bulk of minutes going forward.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I've been thinking a lot about it. Ideally, the Bulls would be able to add a SF with three-point shooting and at least solid defense to maintain their advantage in terms of Jimmy Butler's size at the 2 and their strength on the boards. There really isn't anyone available.

The player I'd most like to see traded out of Gasol+Gibson+Mirotic+Noah+Portis is Noah.

So out of all of the teams who might be looking to trade an above average wing player to us, I see New Orleans as that team. Eric Gordon and Joakim Noah are both expiring contracts this summer.

New Orleans has been terrible on defense. Noah brings that to the table.

Chicago is in need of an additional shooter/defensive player. Eric Gordon brings that to the table.

It's not ideal, but it's better than anything else I can realistically think of.

I saw some rumors about a Taj Gibson/Ryan Anderson trade. I wouldn't mind that one bit although Anderson has an expiring contract.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
A Noah for Gordon type deal is probably the best we could hope for. Guys like Gordon, Gay, Ariza....

That would be best case, IMO. I really have a hard time looking across the league and finding a deal that makes sense that also makes us better now or in the future. Hopefully Garpax can do a better job than me.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
there isn't a trade that put us over the top

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hate Rudy Gay, but trading for him is probably the best possible outcome. It's also highly unlikely. I would take Ariza, but Houston has plenty of bigs. I'm sure Eric Gordon would promptly injure himself immediately after getting traded here, but he's an expiring so whatever. I'd take that too, though we'd be running a bit small with a Rose/Gordon backcourt.

Fact of the matter is there's no good options out there, or at least any that I can see. Much like Enasic, I hope GarPax can do better.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A Noah for Gordon type deal is probably the best we could hope for. Guys like Gordon, Gay, Ariza....

That would be best case, IMO. I really have a hard time looking across the league and finding a deal that makes sense that also makes us better now or in the future. Hopefully Garpax can do a better job than me.

The Kings are trying to make a playoff push. No way they try to give up Gay for another C when they already have Koufos.

Ariza is an option, I guess. But he's seriously declining.

What I'd do is push for Eric Gordon by giving up Jo. And after, I'd try to package any combination of Brooks+Moore+Snell+Hinrich+Dunleavy+Bairstow+pick(s) for a decent SF. Not necessarily starting caliber but P.J. Tucker or T.J. Warren sound like a good names to me.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joakim Noah for Wilson Chandler (who won't be back until next season) doesn't sound like a bad option.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The Kings are trying to make a playoff push. No way they try to give up Gay for another C when they already have Koufos.

Ariza is an option, I guess. But he's seriously declining.

What I'd do is push for Eric Gordon by giving up Jo. And after, I'd try to package any combination of Brooks+Moore+Snell+Hinrich+Dunleavy+Bairstow+pick(s) for a decent SF. Not necessarily starting caliber but P.J. Tucker or T.J. Warren sound like a good names to me.

Not a bad plan.

EG's interesting. He's normally a very good 3 pt shooter. He's shooting below his career average though this year. If he could get his percentage up and give us just 25 good minutes, that'd be nice.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kevin Martin is an option too. But he's also seriously declining. And he is a terrible defensive player.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bulls need to go all in on Hayward.

Gasol, Niko, Doug, Snell, and whatever picks they want.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Trade Gasol for picks. He's going to walk and he's old. So getting a mid-late first for him is going to be a solid return and speeds up any rebuild or salvage IMO. Even packaging a pick swap with the deal and get in the lotto this or next season. Basically a dump to get something, because he's not re-signing here.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls need to go all in on Hayward.

Gasol, Niko, Doug, Snell, and whatever picks they want.

Utah won't be interested in Pau; he'd never resign. And Hayward is a much more valuable player for them. And he's a HUGE fan favorite there. They already have Favors and Gobert in the front court so Niko and/or Pau wouldn't help them.

If the Bulls should try to pry anyone out of Utah, it's Exum or Burks.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trade Gasol for picks. He's going to walk and he's old. So getting a mid-late first for him is going to be a solid return and speeds up any rebuild or salvage IMO.

Very doable, but only if it is to a team like OKC or LAC who is contending and can use him.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Very doable, but only if it is to a team like OKC or LAC who is contending and can use him.

Fine by me. It's something opposed to nothing. Player trades at this point are useless because we don't have the value or matching parts to make a beneficial trade this season. Nobody is on the market that will make us better, only lateral moves.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Utah won't be interested in Pau; he'd never resign. And Hayward is a much more valuable player for them. And he's a HUGE fan favorite there. They already have Favors and Gobert in the front court so Niko and/or Pau wouldn't help them.

If the Bulls should try to pry anyone out of Utah, it's Exum or Burks.

They'd love Dougie in Utah. Pau would not re-sign but the Jazz would go into the trade knowing that and would essentially be saving 7 mil or so in cap. Doug/Niko are building pieces and the future picks (Kings pick, 2016 1st, 2018 1st) could help them rebuild as they're obviously not challenging anybody in the West right now. It's an extremely long shot and won't happen but that's how I would sell it.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fine by me. It's something opposed to nothing. Player trades at this point are useless because we don't have the value or matching parts to make a beneficial trade this season. Nobody is on the market that will make us better, only lateral moves.

Dumping Gasol and Noah for picks sounds like a plan to me. If they can squeeze Eric Gordon or Wilson Chandler out of it, that is the best thing they can hope for that is fathomable for Noah. I'm not too keen on giving up Gibson or Mirotic unless something completely unbelievable pops up for them.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gasol for anything more than a 2nd rounder is probably helpful. And he's definitely worth more than that imo, just not to a lot of teams.