What's wrong with Conte?

NJBear

Liked Posts:
He's just not a good player. Simple as that. Rather have Steltz in, and that's just sad.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tackled well?!?! Lol what games have you been watching bruh?!?!?

besides losing his jock on one play against Bush and that was one on one in a huge hole with a guy paid to break ankles, I can't complain about the tackling. People see one highlight and forget about him making a lot of very clean open foeld tackles.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he sucks, his average play was clearly a product of lovie and rod's defense
Ya, when you have an outstanding front seven the secondary will look better, now that the front 7 is significantly weaker, it is more obvious. I have a feeling blame should be put on Mel Tucker also. The lack of a pass rush, can be attributed some to the injuries at DT, but seriously, we went from a top defense too one of the worse. "Next man up" is fine when 1 player goes down, when you have the 2 starters down, it is what we see. a disaster both in pressuring the qb and run defense.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nothing wrong, he sucks.

mvnup2

Liked Posts:
He looks like Woody from Toy Story running around out there. Cut him now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What isn't wrong with him?

His run support hasn't been bad overall though he's had too many whiffs.

I can't get myself to rewatch these ugly games but I suspect we have more single deep. That with less pressure up front and CBs not being able to keep WRs off the sidelines makes it a tough job. Doesn't excuse his poor play in coverage but may explain why he's looked better before.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
I'm going with the concussion theory.....he was "loopy" out there....

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Couple thoughts.... 1. Was it his man? I saw two guys trying to run out to cover the TE on that play? 2. The Bears have been trying to draft a replacement or bring in a replacement for Conte and so far... Failure. I'm assuming the coaches like Hardin for his size v. TE's and coverage ability, that sadly didn't translate into the NFL.

The Future? Gloomy. I don't see us picking another safety early anytime soon with the desperate needs we have on the D line, CB (what the chance we resign both Tillman and Jennings and what is the chance both are can stay healthy?) and I bet at QB. With 10-11 NFL prospect QB's in the next draft I bet the Bears draft one even if Jay is signed to a 5-6 year contract.