Which gm is the worst?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Kwiatkowski, Meredith, Jackson, Shaneen, and Bullard are "building blocks? Not as far as I am concerned. To me they are pretty average football players, not building blocks. Floyd to me is a first round miss. White was a first round bust. He also totally fucked up in the signing of a terrible quarterback in Glennon. Crazy to sugar coat it as far as I am concerned.

Before they started this season, I gave Pace a C- for his drafts and a D for his free agent signings. His stupidity in signing Glennon drops him to a D-. For me the only thing that should save his job is if Trubisky emerges as a viable NFL quarterback. That is the only thing that should be able to rescue him from being fired.

One of the sad parts of reading Bear's fans posts is the patience that they have and the forgiveness that they give Bear's ownership and the weak assed people that they hire. Why? Why are you so confident in Pace?

Exactly. the only pro bowl player he found was howard and he regressed his second year so he might just be the next A-train. Pace is the worst of the 3 gms and has the worst record in terms of win %. Kwiatkowski, Meredith, Jackson, Shaneen, and Bullard aren't building blocks. His FA signings have been busts. Mcphee and glennon are prolly the worst signings in recent memory. He let alshon go without compensation. His head coach choice in Fox was pathetic. I think bear fans are just so used to failure, they don't know what success is.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
He's young and exciting.... not some bitter old fuckwad.... I think that's why.

He is young, but not sure what he has done to excite bears fans. i hope Trubisky is good but let's see how he does. Even if pace found a franchise qb he should still get fired. Seriously? 18 mill to a giraffe. What was he thinking?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's young and exciting.... not some bitter old fuckwad.... I think that's why.

What in the hell is "exciting" about Pace? Exciting to me is someone regardless of age that actually does something really good. Pace hasn't done shit that is remotely "good".

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Kwiatkowski, Meredith, Jackson, Shaneen, and Bullard are "building blocks? Not as far as I am concerned. To me they are pretty average football players, not building blocks. Floyd to me is a first round miss. White was a first round bust. He also totally fucked up in the signing of a terrible quarterback in Glennon. Crazy to sugar coat it as far as I am concerned.

Before they started this season, I gave Pace a C- for his drafts and a D for his free agent signings. His stupidity in signing Glennon drops him to a D-. For me the only thing that should save his job is if Trubisky emerges as a viable NFL quarterback. That is the only thing that should be able to rescue him from being fired.

One of the sad parts of reading Bear's fans posts is the patience that they have and the forgiveness that they give Bear's ownership and the weak assed people that they hire. Why? Why are you so confident in Pace?

As if summoned... And thanked by...

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
From pace, angelo, and emery who is the worst gm. I am 100% sure that pace is the worst. Most of his draft picks are busts or just serviceable starters. He has missed on his Free agents. Glennon? Seriously? And his coaching hire was the worst of the three. Emery had a few decent picks, but hiring Trestmann cost him his job. JA found a bunch of good players in the draft like briggs and his coaching hire was okay. Lovie his second choice. He wanted saban.

For some reason a lot of meatball fans love Pace, but I can't understand why so much love. Hope he has found a gem in Trubisky, but that alone should not be enough to save his job.
called it

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Pace never had the gravitas to become a GM. His pedigree was that of a scout in a well-oilded machine.
Like our beloved HC Mr Matt Insurance Salesman. Both seem to be really nice peeps, but they are clearly out of their element. As they seem to be really nice salt of the earth dudes, really want them to be successful. Time will tell.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Worst to Best:

JA - The balls on that MFer to blame the coaches he picked for not developing his draft busts. Just lacked all accountability.
Pace - I don't think he's done much and the fact that he's pulling the strings, but not taking much heat seems very JA-like.
Emery - Kind of really didn't get much of a shot. Was the GM for 3 years, one of which was told he had to keep Lovie, who then became a lame dead duck. Trestman was a mistake, but he also at least had one good player in each draft year (Jeffery, Long then Fuller). His undoing was extending Cutler, but if management hated Cutler that much shouldn't there have been open communication?

BTW if you were to combine all the worst traits of every GM you've ever had it would still be better than Bruce Allen.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From pace, angelo, and emery who is the worst gm. I am 100% sure that pace is the worst. Most of his draft picks are busts or just serviceable starters. He has missed on his Free agents. Glennon? Seriously? And his coaching hire was the worst of the three. Emery had a few decent picks, but hiring Trestmann cost him his job. JA found a bunch of good players in the draft like briggs and his coaching hire was okay. Lovie his second choice. He wanted saban.

For some reason a lot of meatball fans love Pace, but I can't understand why so much love. Hope he has found a gem in Trubisky, but that alone should not be enough to save his job.

All 3 share the quality of believing they are so much smarter than they actually are. Interestingly, Emery was probably the most intelligent and believed his own lies the most...he knew he was smart but he made the robotic analytic mistake of thinking men can be deduced to numbers. Pace lacks something...probably raw intelligence. He seems like a good man, a practical man, a good worker and his "goodness" has led him to build a team of good character. Good character will help us through hard times, I am not worried. Nagy/Pace will rebound and deserve another year together. Then fire Pace if it isn't fixed. Nagy should get 3 years to cycle through a slide from bad QB pick and a faulty o-line.

2 years minimum for Nagy. MINIMUM!! (But I am rooting for Bears success and both to survive!! Prove us wrong!)

Last edited:

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Emery's reign left me so devoid of hope, so doubting the future of the team and especially the defense, that I stopped watching the NFL for a few years. Easy choice for me.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Emery's reign left me so devoid of hope, so doubting the future of the team and especially the defense, that I stopped watching the NFL for a few years. Easy choice for me.
Well in that case he accomplished more in a shorter period of time.

Granted it's more 'bad', but it's still more!

TailGator

Trump is the best President Ever
Liked Posts:
It blows my mind that we have had absolutely HORRIBLE QBs with 3 different GMs

Man, Pace & Elway might be the two worst QB evaluators in the history of the NFL

NO WAY SHOULD PACE DRAFT, SIGN, TRADE or EVEN TALK TO ANOTHER POSSIBLE QB