Which NFCN QB has the most to prove going into 2019

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hell, Mitch still has to prove he even belongs in the NFL, there is a reason why he is rated so low by MULTIPLE articles.

so yeah, Mitch has more to prove.

I can post multiple articles that rank him higher than Stafford. I guess since there are MULTIPLE articles they must be true.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
But in terms of the title:
Which NFCN QB has the most to prove going into 2019

Whats your ranking?
1 - Rodgers - if he lays poorly or even gets hurt the Pack is dead and the talk will be who the next QB is.

2 - Mitch - can he keep improving? Teams will have more than a week to prepare for Nagy's concepts. Now he has to show how he can develop and evolve.

3 - Stafford - welp, they have sucked and stuck with him. Are they really going to change their ways now?

4 - Cousins - fully guaranteed contract and they are about to enter into cap hell. Some will blame him, but with that deal none of that matters.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
What is all this talk of Cousins has nothing to prove because of the contract.... pretty ass backwards thinking no??? The dude got paid to a mega contract. Shouldn't he have to live up to that contract? Kirk Cousins signed a contract placed him at one of the highest paid QB's in the league, so he 100% needs to prove that he is WORTH that contract.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right now, if you gave both Cousins and Trubisky all the time in the world in the pocket, Cousins would perform better. However, under pressure Cousins crumbles and Trubisky is as good as anyone.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Right now, if you gave both Cousins and Trubisky all the time in the world in the pocket, Cousins would perform better. However, under pressure Cousins crumbles and Trubisky is as good as anyone.
Trubisky gets better when the pressure increases IMO. And I mean both in the pocket pressure and external pressure like in Q4 against Philly

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Stafford had 13 games under his belt when he threw for over 5,000 yards. Mitch had 12 games under his when he started this year.
What????? With 13 games under his belt Stafford threw for 2,803 yds 19 td's, 21 int's.

So we have a Lion fan who can't spell his best offensive player's name, and can't count...…………….

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
What????? With 13 games under his belt Stafford threw for 2,803 yds 19 td's, 21 int's.

So we have a Lion fan who can't spell his best offensive player's name, and can't count...…………….

I think you misunderstood.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stafford has only had 3 seasons with a better passer rating than Mitch had last year and those, less than 4 points higher with none above 100. His rookie year had him start 10 games with 20 INTs and a 61 rating. His 1st 2 years stats were significantly worse than Trubs and this with veteran Calvin Johnson. Over his entire career, Stafford averages more INTs per year than Mitch has had in either of his 1st 2.

In many ways Stafford's 3rd year was his best with lots of yards and almost doubling the TD (41) total of his average for other seasons (21.78).

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Did I......did he mean entering his third year, which for Mitch is yet to be determined? If so I did misunderstand.

13 games. Not that difficult of a concept. Not sure why you are referencing "entering his third year".

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed, Mitch Trubisky has the most to prove because of the draft capital he cost and the fact he is the 26th rated QB in the NFL.
Stafford was taken #1 overall. That's greater draft capital than Mitch and with jack to show for it after a decade.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Which QB has most to prove is a malformed question.

What does that mean? Going from 2018 to 2019, they all have issues they struggled to overcome last year and need to do better at this year.

Which one had MORE issues? Externally or internally? I suppose it would have to be in their own QB play. Rodgers had more injury issues but that seems up to the football gods not something he needs to "prove".

On that basis, no QB was more erratic than Trubisky in the North last year. So he would have to be my #1. I can see a case for Cousins as how bad he does when things get really tough but if pressure can be kept off him by coaching, gameplanning and good prep, he is very consistent in putting up big numbers week in and week out.

Anyway, I am not looking for an argument with Trubisky lovers since I am actively rooting for him. I cannot wait to see him turn the proverbial corner and show without a single doubt that he is a top ten QB in the NFL.

I cannot wait for next year's "prove it" list for Trubisky to be consensus dead last.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Stafford was taken #1 overall. That's greater draft capital than Mitch and with jack to show for it after a decade.

No offense, but that draft capital is marginal at most and he has shown more than enough to reveal the major issues in DET are not him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t buy the whole cousins played on bad teams in Washington narrative. He’s on a very good team in Minnesota and he still underperformed. How much more does he need around him??
Numbers are still good. The thought was that he was protecting himself in Washington for his payday. Got the pay day, still ducking.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No offense, but that draft capital is marginal at most and he has shown more than enough to reveal the major issues in DET are not him.
I didn't bring up the draft capital. Just pointing out that Stafford's was greater than Mitch's with nothing to show for it other than wild card losses. I don't hold players responsible for their draft position but if he's going there... They had some good Ds plus Megatron, Golden Tate and Reggie Bush at the same time. One year, they had 5 guys in the pro Bowl.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I didn't bring up the draft capital. Just pointing out that Stafford's was greater than Mitch's with nothing to show for it. I don't hold players responsible for their draft position but if he's going there... They had some good Ds plus Megatron, Golden Tate and Reggie Bush at the same time. One year, they had 5 guys in the pro Bowl.

One year the Bears had 8 pro bowlers, and couldn't even get out of the wild card round.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't bring up the draft capital. Just pointing out that Stafford's was greater than Mitch's with nothing to show for it other than wild card losses. I don't hold players responsible for their draft position but if he's going there... They had some good Ds plus Megatron, Golden Tate and Reggie Bush at the same time. One year, they had 5 guys in the pro Bowl.

LOL, revisionist history, easy to do when the games your talking about are in the past and your hoping your audience doesn't actually remember the actual games.

Stafford has appeared in three playoff games. In his first two his stats were fine. Yes, in 2014 he had a good defense (no where near as good as the 2018 Bears though). But his defense shit the bed in the actual playoff game. His last playoff performance, and his worst, he played with a broken middle finger on his throwing hand, sustained in a game against the Bears.

He also played last year with a fractured back, and was in quite some pain. No, Stafford is not Aaron Rodgers, now is he
Tom Brady. What he is though is light years better than any QB the Bears have EVER put on the field. With the Bears, their best QB is always their NEXT QB.

How much do Bears fans hold MT accountable for their loss against the Eagles?

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
13 games. Not that difficult of a concept. Not sure why you are referencing "entering his third year".
Stafford played 13 games in his first two years in the league, so he had those 13 games under his belt entering his third year, where he lit it up with his career year of over 5,000 yds and 41 td's.