Which player is most accountable for single-handedly holding Bears back from a SUPERBOWL?

☻☻☻what player's performance as of last season stands in the way of a SB?☻☻☻

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
str84ward poll

whomst you got?????

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just realized that "TRUBS" spells "Tru BS". Not a good look, Bear Nation.

To the OP...I got to go with the TEs on the list.

Everyone on the planet knew TB was gonna ball out at TE in the CHI, but instead TB joined DUD going MIA.

TB + MT - DUD + RB 2.0 = SB

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd say reverse order as listed. I hate to blame the TEs because neither was 100% but it killed our game plan against Philly without time to revamp.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trubisky. If he plays uneven again and doesn't progress, this team doesn't get out of the wildcard weekend if they even make it. But Nagy is just as important on the coaching level, he can't blow games like he did vs Miami, GB, and NYG.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace. He hired a real estate agent. Who does that?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
120% so far.

Nice math @XenForo.

And of course it's mole eye.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When I think about what held us back from the SB, I don't think of Mitch. Of course he wasn't great but in the playoff game, he passed for over 300 yards and a 90 passer rating. We had a total of 65 yards rushing. The interior OL (Long wasn't ready yet) did not play well so Mitch often had quick pressure and Philly spied Mitch 's scrambling and took away the edge. We had a game plan to counter that with Burton who was a last minute scratch. Shaheen felt the need to give himself up and jump cut a little guy instead of run him over for an extra yard and a critical 1st.

In terms of general play, does Mitch need to become more consistent and better versed in his reads and options? Of course he does but not getting to the SB last year was not on him. Maybe next game, it would have been as he got away with a couple throws but he did get away with them and did not cause that loss. A 33 yard PI call with Amukamara losing the ball flight late and a missed FG were the most significant plays. We lost that as much due to Burton and Eddie not playing as anything else.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
When I think about what held us back from the SB, I don't think of Mitch. Of course he wasn't great but in the playoff game, he passed for over 300 yards and a 90 passer rating. We had a total of 65 yards rushing. The interior OL (Long wasn't ready yet) did not play well so Mitch often had quick pressure and Philly spied Mitch 's scrambling and took away the edge. We had a game plan to counter that with Burton who was a last minute scratch. Shaheen felt the need to give himself up and jump cut a little guy instead of run him over for an extra yard and a critical 1st.

In terms of general play, does Mitch need to become more consistent and better versed in his reads and options? Of course he does but not getting to the SB last year was not on him. Maybe next game, it would have been as he got away with a couple throws but he did get away with them and did not cause that loss. A 33 yard PI call with Amukamara losing the ball flight late and a missed FG were the most significant plays. We lost that as much due to Burton and Eddie not playing as anything else.

How about Amos drilling Ertz on a third down incompletion that extended what turned out to be a TD drive for Philadelphia?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Amos had a pick but still somehow managed to have a shitty overall game. Foles was throwing up punts all day and mostly getting away with it. As for the Bears, the guys that are supposed to make plays at the end of games did, except for the kicker. Everyone including the Eagles thought they had lost. To get to the SB, you need to make the playoffs and then play well enough to win them. Wild card teams win SBs. You don't need to be a regular season juggernaut.

It was team loss as the D had gaps in play at unfortunate times and our running game and scheme was thwarted.

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Nagy. By the time he figured out their corners were playing aggressive it was too late

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy. By the time he figured out their corners were playing aggressive it was too late
We were definitely outcoached in the 1st 1/2 but we had the lead after it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How about Amos drilling Ertz on a third down incompletion that extended what turned out to be a TD drive for Philadelphia?
Or Shaheen giving himself up on jump cutting a midget, ot Alshon getting critical 1st downs with guys right there, etc, etc. It was cluster fuck that we still should have won at the end. Some games are like that. Some guys stepped up at crunch time on both sides and some guys layed down.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure why Kyle Long isn't an option, so I guess I'll just write him in and vote OTHER.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The full game is on youtube. I'm going to watch it at work today.