Who can we trade?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Simple enough as we have until October 29th. Who can we trade right now to get back in competition for a top QB in next years draft? Our defense still has some stars I believe are worth their current and future contracts but are bogged down for a number of reasons. I'm not a draft expert so don't slam me too hard. I simply don't want to waste 1-2 more years twiddling our thumbs. Make some aggressive moves, take our lumps, and start over with the best QB possible as soon as fucking possible. With Mack's contract and EJackson's potential contract we have a lot of $$$ tied up and could really use a cheap (i.e., drafted QB) contract.

1. Anthony Miller. This guy is a clown. If he's not dropping passes, he's getting game-defining penalties. If he's not getting back-breaking penalties, he's fumbling the ball. He's a distraction and does not perform. I believe this is a player we could trade as we have other young guys on our roster who need playing time. I.E., Wims and Ridley. In addition, this is a classic example of teams seeing potential treasure in our trash. He's so young, could we get a 2nd or 3rd round pick back for a team making a playoff run?

2. Roquan Smith. Dude will never be effective against the run. He's terrible. I won't even delve into his mysterious personal matter from earlier this year, but he doesn't make plays. Year in, year out, it's still Danny T. making plays and being the playcaller on our D. Re-sign him for two more years. Could we get a late first/early 2nd rounder?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Gabriel, Cohen, HHCD, Miller. i wouldn't trade Roquan.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Teams are in the market for corners right now. Maybe Amukamara could bring a pick back.

Reactions: DC

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Gabriel, Cohen, HHCD, Miller. i wouldn't trade Roquan.

Deon Bush could take over for HAHA but we signed him for super cheap so I doubt there is any real interest.

I could see Cohen going to N.E. BB would go crazy with that new toy.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Deon Bush could take over for HAHA but we signed him for super cheap so I doubt there is any real interest.

I could see Cohen going to N.E. BB would go crazy with that new toy.

I think James White does what Cohen would do.

Potentially with HHCD, but I think he's also proven to be capable in his role here, and well worth that salary for someone in need of deep safety.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With the trade deadline about a week away and considering the Bears current debacle at QB and lack of draft capital, who are some guys that you could see Pace trying to move or at least consider moving to try and acquire some draft picks? Not trying to imply that the Bears should have a firesale, but given the status of the season, the competitive nature of the NFC, Bears remaining schedule, and our offensives inability to score I find it hard to believe the Bears are going to squeak into the playoffs.

In no particular order some guys I could see being shopped:

- All of the WRs except Allen Robinson
- Trey Burton/Adam Shaheen
- Mike Davis/Tarik Cohen
- Danny T and/or Nick Kwiatkoski
- Leonard Floyd
- Deon Bush/maybe even Prince for the right price

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
With the trade deadline about a week away and considering the Bears current debacle at QB and lack of draft capital, who are some guys that you could see Pace trying to move or at least consider moving to try and acquire some draft picks? Not trying to imply that the Bears should have a firesale, but given the status of the season, the competitive nature of the NFC, Bears remaining schedule, and our offensives inability to score I find it hard to believe the Bears are going to squeak into the playoffs.

In no particular order some guys I could see being shopped:

- All of the WRs except Allen Robinson
- Trey Burton/Adam Shaheen
- Mike Davis/Tarik Cohen
- Danny T and/or Nick Kwiatkoski
- Leonard Floyd
- Deon Bush/maybe even Prince for the right price

I would keep Wims & Ridley. Miller & Gabriel are expendable.
Just cut Mike Davis. Doubtful anyone take Burton or Shaheen.
Trade Leonard Floyd right after a big game by him--sell high. Unfortunately, he's been MIA since week 1.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would keep Wims & Ridley. Miller & Gabriel are expendable.
Just cut Mike Davis. Doubtful anyone take Burton or Shaheen.
Trade Leonard Floyd right after a big game by him--sell high. Unfortunately, he's been MIA since week 1.
The Wide Receivers are tough to put a handle on given how terrible Trubisky has been. I like Wims as well. Haven't even seen Ridley. Completely agree on Miller/Gabriel. I think Gabriel would net the best return as he has at least shown he can make plays. He is expendable given the young guys we have behind him.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
This team WILL NOT trade off any players to acquire draft picks for next year. Count on it. If anything they are going to try to buy before the deadline. Trading off players does nothing but affect the continuity of this team from last year in a short and already fast closing window. They need help now, not to trade off what they already have.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Simple enough as we have until October 29th. Who can we trade right now to get back in competition for a top QB in next years draft? Our defense still has some stars I believe are worth their current and future contracts but are bogged down for a number of reasons. I'm not a draft expert so don't slam me too hard. I simply don't want to waste 1-2 more years twiddling our thumbs. Make some aggressive moves, take our lumps, and start over with the best QB possible as soon as fucking possible. With Mack's contract and EJackson's potential contract we have a lot of $$$ tied up and could really use a cheap (i.e., drafted QB) contract.

1. Anthony Miller. This guy is a clown. If he's not dropping passes, he's getting game-defining penalties. If he's not getting back-breaking penalties, he's fumbling the ball. He's a distraction and does not perform. I believe this is a player we could trade as we have other young guys on our roster who need playing time. I.E., Wims and Ridley. In addition, this is a classic example of teams seeing potential treasure in our trash. He's so young, could we get a 2nd or 3rd round pick back for a team making a playoff run?

2. Roquan Smith. Dude will never be effective against the run. He's terrible. I won't even delve into his mysterious personal matter from earlier this year, but he doesn't make plays. Year in, year out, it's still Danny T. making plays and being the playcaller on our D. Re-sign him for two more years. Could we get a late first/early 2nd rounder?
Sorry, didn't see this thread when I made mine. @Jamais Vu @nvanprooyen you can merge my thread. TIA

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Get real guys..
Ant Miller - probably gets you a 6th rd pick
Roq Smith - would probably be a 3rd and a 6th for Smith and a 5th
Prince - maybe for a 5th or 6th
Fuller - maybe a 2nd if we throw in a late round pick

The only ones that will get us into a position to grab a top QB is Mack and Jackson

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
Get real guys..

The only ones that will get us into a position to grab a top QB is Mack and Jackson

Which won't happen.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Both 2nd round picks, Roquan, and Trubisky.

My goal would be to trade up for Joe Burrow.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Get real guys..

Damn. I was hoping teams would be desperate to overpay/compensate for talent as the season draws closer to the playoffs. I know none of the above are in Jalen R.'s category, but is it too much to ask for a 2nd rounder?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
This team WILL NOT trade off any players to acquire draft picks for next year. Count on it. If anything they are going to try to buy before the deadline. Trading off players does nothing but affect the continuity of this team from last year in a short and already fast closing window. They need help now, not to trade off what they already have.
They cannot really be buyers with the draft picks they currently have. Cannot keep trading the picks away. Only way would be to trade away 2021 draft picks or maybe one of the 2020 2nd rd picks. The picks below is all the Bears have right now. If they lose to the Chargers, they could be sellers next week. A loss to the Chargers would pretty much put an end to the season. Bears will not be making any decisions until the conclusion of Sunday's game.

two 2nd rd picks,
two 5th rd picks
6th
7th

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I seriously doubt they’d be buyers. They can’t possibly be dumb enough to think they can compete this year with how many issues they’re having offensively.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They cannot really be buyers with the draft picks they currently have.
I don’t think they’re buyers Either but imo it’s not because of a lack of picks. They could just keep trading future picks ala LA Rams

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
I seriously doubt they’d be buyers. They can’t possibly be dumb enough to think they can compete this year with how many issues they’re having offensively.

They definitely won't be sellers.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Miller also blew a kickoff coverage vs the raiders