Who is your favorite late-round prospect?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
We all like to consider the classic "diamond in the rough" players that can help turn the team around. This is especially so given that Pace has done a fairly good job of finding contributors on the third day of the draft. I was thinking, all this talk of who to get in the first and second round is getting stale, let's talk about rounds 4-7. Who is the player that you would like the most for Pace to draft on day 3?

I've posted about this guy before, but I'll throw him out there again - I'm all about Teo Redding. He needs to put on some weight (he's right around 170lbs at 6'1") but has all the athleticism you want in a WR. Here's a bleacher report article quoting his trainer at TEST Football Academy. the prominent part is this quote -

"The last wide receiver I've seen run these kind of smooth routes and one-handed catches was Odell Beckham Jr. at the LSU pro day," Dunn said of Redding. "We've clocked him using our laser timing system with 4.3 speed, making him a faster version [of Beckham]. This kid is going to be the steal of the draft."

Added Gudmundsen: "One of the most explosive athletes I've had the pleasure to work with. No doubt in my mind he was one of those kids that was snubbed for a combine invite. He will surprise scouts, general managers and head coaches with his explosiveness and athleticism."

Now do I think he is the next Odell Beckham? No, that's just hype to bring attention. But he brings a lot of positives to the table: he has an explosive combo of speed and agility, he has good leaping ability, he has strong hands to make the one-handed grab. The fact that he wasn't invited to the combine doesn't concern me, as he was playing for a school that receivers no fanfare, catching passes from QBs that went even hold a clipboard in the pros.

Finally, what good is talking about an athletic prospect without a highlight reel?

[video=youtube_share;P6l_gCOht2g]https://youtu.be/P6l_gCOht2g[/video]

He has athleticism that can't be taught, and the deep speed this offense should covet. I think we could get him in the 6th round, and let him practice hard and earn his way on the field.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Remember that video someone posted last month with that huge D lineman from a small school. The one that blasted past that HB and killed the QB. I would like him late. I have no clue on his name or where he is expected to get drafted. I know Pace likes small school gems with high upside.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
Remember that video someone posted last month with that huge D lineman from a small school. The one that blasted past that HB and killed the QB. I would like him late. I have no clue on his name or where he is expected to get drafted. I know Pace likes small school gems with high upside.

PJ Hall- I agree, big fan of his game.. But I doubt he ends up a late-rounder anymore. Here is video of him:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2739254/5792e734eae10c43e0023569

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few names that stand out are Cobbs, Cruikshank, Jaylen Samuels, Coutee, Luke Falk.....

Late picks are Fountain, Poona Ford, and Roc Thomas

I guess my favorite would be Coutee because he has the potential to cause deep mismatches....

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

JeffSpicoli

Hey bud....Let's party!!
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we dont go WR early at all then I like Darren Carrington from Utah as like a 6th-7th round pick. He has good size/speed combo and could be a decent player as he develops

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
Avonte Maddox, CB from Pit. He'll fall in the draft because he's not big at 5-9 , 180 but he doesn't play small. Quick, athletic and fast. Not afraid to get physical. Tough as hell. Made a lot of plays. Ran a 4.39 at the combine, expected 5th round or so.

I generally hate undersized guys but sometimes you can just play the game.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
I just looked up some info in him and holy hell, 14 career blocked kicks? What is this madness? Color me intrigued

Lmao yep.. And like 87 tackles for loss too. Dude is a wrecking ball!

Buberwin

Liked Posts:
Allen Lazard WR Iowa State in the late 4th or 5th
6'5" 9 3/4" hands 32.5" arms 4.5 40

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Hercules Mata’afa if he goes as projected.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
I like Simmie Cobbs in the 4th, and Jonah Trinnaman in the 6th. Both WRs.

Yup! I'm down with these two too!

We should also snag a "Big n' Beefy" DL from North Carolina State too.... B.J. Hill......or Justin Jones...(To develop/depth)

twetz

Liked Posts:
How about Leon Jacobs, LB from Wisconsin. They say a knock on him is that he doesn't have the instincts, but he is a player who was moved around, including some time at fullback, before he found a home at OLB. He certainly could contribute on special teams while trying to master the position.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
How about Leon Jacobs, LB from Wisconsin. They say a knock on him is that he doesn't have the instincts, but he is a player who was moved around, including some time at fullback, before he found a home at OLB. He certainly could contribute on special teams while trying to master the position.

Is he only 19 years old? Because if so, he can learn instincts.

But if he's already 20...forget about it...

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Is he only 19 years old? Because if so, he can learn instincts.

But if he's already 20...forget about it...

That is why the NFL doesn't allow drafting out of high school. If teams would get players younger than 20 there would be nothing but super stars playing and they'd have to make the HOF bigger.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I just looked up some info in him and holy hell, 14 career blocked kicks? What is this madness? Color me intrigued

I had talked about him before. Hugely productive.

I think 2 of those blocked kicks were punts which is wildly impressive because there is a natural distance created by where the punter stands that has to be covered before the punt is kicked.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Bilal Nichols- DL Delaware
Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa
Byron Pringle WR Kansas State

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I had talked about him before. Hugely productive.

I think 2 of those blocked kicks were punts which is wildly impressive because there is a natural distance created by where the punter stands that has to be covered before the punt is kicked.

Blocked kicks and punts are effort plays. You just have to go all out for it, and that a starter was giving his all on ST is telling of his on-field character and work ethic. For him to be disruptive on special-fucking-teams is worth a pick.

I hope he lasts to the 4th round!