Who *should* replace Neil Funk?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Full disclaimer, I was never a fan of Funk's. He grew on me after a while, but I never really was happy to hear games called by Funk. Swirsky should have been promoted to TV a while ago. He isn't the best, but he's such a pro that nobody would think twice.

But there seems to be a push to nab Adam Amin again. Not a fan of his either. Call me hard to please, but this is a special job, stop handing it out to people who are either well connected(or through their hired talent management's hype push) or out of respect for someone. I would really like the Bulls to grab a play-by-play personality that has the voice and timing to make replays timeless without relying on Stacey King. Adam Amin puts me to sleep, sorry, stop trying to groom him, move on, find someone better please.

Maybe you guys are a fan of Amin? That's cool, maybe he'll grow on me. No idea, but I'm sure people have ideas, more than just googling someone's blog on who they like, but have actual thoughts of their own. Being a play-by-play announcer is a dream job for so many, I simply can't believe how slim the pickins are when it comes to able candidates.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is a trick question. One does not simply replace Neil Funk

Honestly though, I'd be satisfied with Swirsky. Not the best out there, but he's really solid.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When I was a kid I caddied for Neil Funk. He was a dick.

That's my story.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am not sure squirsky could do it. Do you listen to the radio broadcast, sometimes he is explaining the play a good 10 seconds after it happens.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
I am not sure squirsky could do it. Do you listen to the radio broadcast, sometimes he is explaining the play a good 10 seconds after it happens.

There were a few times i was disappointed with their broadcast.
Like you said sometimes they dont cover whats happening on the court.
It was a tank year and chuch is a lovable guy but yeah the broadcast last season had some low lights.

The knicks have something special with a former hof broadcaster, walt frazier.
That would be my ideal choice, get a guy like pippen to cover the games but i understand the pickings are slim

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Color commentators and play by play announcers are completely different.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Anyone is an upgrade over funk so it’s already a win.