Who Will Bears Start QB in 2020? Trubisky or Foles?

Who Will Bears Start QB in 2020, Trubisky or Foles?

• Total voters

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I voted Trubisky as "who will start game 1". Not sure at this point who starts the most games.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Please let it be someone else other than these 2 putzes

Reactions: Myk

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I think that Mitch will be the started day one. I think that with the strong possibility there is a shortened or canceled OTAs and training camp, Foles will just not have the opportunity to really show he is out playing Mitch. But I expect that after a few games that Foles will take over. I also think that to give up on a QB that you moved up to get he is going to have to play bad in actual games not just in practice. So when he plays poorly in games then he will get pulled. Probably by game 4 Foles is the starter

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy does the impossible and evaluates all 3 quarterbacks in preseason.

Tyler Bray wins it all.
As health concern is something MT and NFhave in common, I hope you're wrong.
Remember last year? No pre season games for Mitch...ring a bell?

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think that Mitch will be the started day one. I think that with the strong possibility there is a shortened or canceled OTAs and training camp, Foles will just not have the opportunity to really show he is out playing Mitch. But I expect that after a few games that Foles will take over. I also think that to give up on a QB that you moved up to get he is going to have to play bad in actual games not just in practice. So when he plays poorly in games then he will get pulled. Probably by game 4 Foles is the starter

Everyone who thinks that Foles will start day one is letting their heart speak for them and not their mind.

Pace has shown to give his draft picks every opportunity to fail before he cuts ties.

Like you said, TC might be shortened as well. Mitch always looks good in TC.

Mitch is starting.

Liked Posts:
I voted Foles because of his contract, but it will ultimately come down to who shines in Pre Season

Mitch will get the starting nodfor the first one maybe two preseason games. With Foles getting his fair share of first of second team reps too.

Mitch will have to walk a tight rope. Its boom or bust time. Hell likely get the nod for game 1 in preseason & get a drive, maybe two drives. He damn well will have to comlete 7 or 8 out of 10 pass attempts to the tune of a TD pass AND make that a trend moving forward. Or stick a fork in him.

They are not going to pay Foles umpteen million dollars to sit on his thumbs, if Mitch is average, & even if theyre squeaking wins early on the back of the defense. They cannot expect to be a contender while stringing out the defense for most of every game for a third consecutive season.

I will say Nagy can help with better play calling. That crap last year from Nagy was a shitshow. I see another play action attempt down the field on a 3rd & 1 or 2, I swear Ill seek him down & brick the SOB.

For the good of this franchise, I want Trubisky to get it upstairs, & legitimately win the position. Betting my bottom dollar, I would have to bet on Foles.

Shit or get off the pot time for Mitch. I hope he finally shits, HARD!

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Mitch will start the season on a leash shorter than a strand of Urlacher's synthetic hair. Foles takes over.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I voted Foles because of his contract, but it will ultimately come down to who shines in Pre Season

Mitch will get the starting nodfor the first one maybe two preseason games. With Foles getting his fair share of first of second team reps too.

Mitch will have to walk a tight rope. Its boom or bust time. Hell likely get the nod for game 1 in preseason & get a drive, maybe two drives. He damn well will have to comlete 7 or 8 out of 10 pass attempts to the tune of a TD pass AND make that a trend moving forward. Or stick a fork in him.

They are not going to pay Foles umpteen million dollars to sit on his thumbs, if Mitch is average, & even if theyre squeaking wins early on the back of the defense. They cannot expect to be a contender while stringing out the defense for most of every game for a third consecutive season.

I will say Nagy can help with better play calling. That crap last year from Nagy was a shitshow. I see another play action attempt down the field on a 3rd & 1 or 2, I swear Ill seek him down & brick the SOB.

For the good of this franchise, I want Trubisky to get it upstairs, & legitimately win the position. Betting my bottom dollar, I would have to bet on Foles.

Shit or get off the pot time for Mitch. I hope he finally shits, HARD!

They would love to pay foles umpteen million dollars to sit on his thumbs. '

That would mean mitch is doing his job.

Legit, Foles is brought in to be an emergency plan, just like tannehil was brought in and mariota was brought in. Foles was the only realistic "ohh shit" plan this year.

Reactions: Myk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Everyone who thinks that Foles will start day one is letting their heart speak for them and not their mind.

Pace has shown to give his draft picks every opportunity to fail before he cuts ties.

Mitch is starting.

Not even about that. The best avenue for Mitch to succeed in my opinion is for him to sit and learn from someone that knows the offense and then come in when Foles gets hurt or starts to struggle.

You put him in from the start and he is going to crumble because he lacks confidence. Much better for him to come in when the team and fans want to rally behind the backup.

Luke

Liked Posts:

Mitch is starting.

Now I haven't seen Mitch in TC but last week after the Foles trade, Biggs said if Mitch plays like he did last TC he wouldn't be the starter. I can only remember the reports that "he didn't look good but no one would look good against that D".

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

Mitch is starting.

He's given him 3 years. His job is on the line.
Nagy job is on the line.

They didn't bring in a coaching staff with multiple connections to Nick Foles to have him sit on the bench.

All the signs are there, stop living in denial.

Mitch is done, put a fork in him and move on.

Liked Posts:
They would love to pay foles umpteen million dollars to sit on his thumbs. '

That would mean mitch is doing his job.

Legit, Foles is brought in to be an emergency plan, just like tannehil was brought in and mariota was brought in. Foles was the only realistic "ohh shit" plan this year.

Well yes of course I agree IF Mitch is doing his job. Thats kind of a big if at this point.

I will say to be fair Mitch had next to zero reliable TE help in an offense where almost the entire passing attack/philosophy IS built around the pass catching TE position(s) then after that you need that pass catching HB & the Bears had a third round rookie trying to learn the position without that TE to help keep the opposing LBs & secondaries honest.

Which is why I was upset that Pace didnt add one of those TEs from a 2019 draft class deep with TE talent. Hopefully that changes. Graham is in his tail end & Burton has millenial "issues".

If you look at the better west coast/ RPO Hybrid systems, they dont just use one pass catching TE, but they have two reliable TEs with one lining up as the A typical TE & the other lining up in the slot receiver position on a significant number of downs. We arent sure if we have one as of yet.

Nagy has said himself TE IS the most difficult position to master in this system outside of the QB position. I never saw Burton as the serious & primary solution to the TE position. I hope they take the TE position seriously in THIS draft. Burton cannot be relied upon.

That could help Mitch out alot. Key word Could.

Last edited:

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch.

They spent so much for Foles to be the starter in case mitch fucks it up.

I'm still positive Pace believes mitch can get it done, but he doesn't want to bank his job on it. It would be stupid for anyone to. Thats an "ohh shit" plan for him.

I agree. I think Mitch gets a handful of games to show significant progression. If not, he gets yanked in favor or Foles. Could be week four, six or eight. The better the D plays, the shorter the leash, IMO.

Justifiably so.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am in the Mitch until he fucks it up crowd. My guess is 4-5 games.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Foles. Mitch is gone by Week 4 in a trade for a fourth rounder in 2021.

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Bears don't trade Mitch, he's the starter (doubt there will be a competition).

Still think there's a shot Bears move on from Mitch on draft day & hit the reset button for new developmental QB, with Foles starting the next 2 yrs. I don't think Pace and Nagy are on the hot seat at all, despite regressing, from a 12-4 to 8-8 season. Also Nagy still hasn't drafted "his guy" yet, after inheriting Mitch.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Now I haven't seen Mitch in TC but last week after the Foles trade, Biggs said if Mitch plays like he did last TC he wouldn't be the starter. I can only remember the reports that "he didn't look good but no one would look good against that D".

Biggs is clueless. He's about the last beat writer I listen to. Too busy eating powdered donuts to see the field.