Who will Pace trade UP fir

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Mims' blocking is wonderful. Definitely would say he's my draft crush this year. Amazing length, speed, catch radius, showed he can run routes in Mobile.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
If that is your opinion then do you. Again I was using the term to refer to someone who does not have multiple standout seasons. Deshaun Watson was a stud. He has conference honors for multiple years. Jamal Adams is a stud. He had conference honors in 2015 and 2016. There are plenty of prospects that have multiple great years in college.

Roquan was not one of them. He had a decent year and then followed it up with an actual great year. 95 tackles with ZERO sacks and 4.5 TFL is not anything to write home about. 137 tackls 14.5 TFL and 6.5 sacks is legit production hence all the awards. I appreciate stats don't tell the whole story but when I talk about one hit wonder I am talking about their actual production. Like I have Reagor as my no 1 WR but I accept that statistically he is a one hit wonder. Now there may be a reason for that ie shitty QB play in 2019 but doesn't change the fact that production was he only has one standout year. Of course, I am fine taking that chance in the 2nd round vs with a top 10 pick.

As for Pace drafting, the reality is everyone had Trubs as likely top 10 QB. The reality is that just about every top 10 pick ever taken can be justified by saying "well others had him high." That is irrelevant. Again I keep asking this but no one seems to want to answer it.

Can you name another GM that blew 3 out of 4 top ten picks in quick succession? I am not critical of Pace because he blew one top 10 pick as all GMs blow picks. I am critical of him because management to blow 3 top 10 picks. Few GMs fuck up that royally and I don't care if people feel some of those fucks up can be explained. That shit does not matter. If I fucked up 3 out of 4 times in such a high profile way then my job would rightfully be on the line. It is as simple as that.

I guess my point is Pace didn’t blow the White pick. Circumstances happened outside of his control. Like if a player gets drafted and then a year later retires due to not wanting to get CTE.

The problem with the Floyd pick wasn’t overdrafting, it was trying to put him in a scheme thinking he was a natural pass rusher, which he never was at UGA.

I think if you look at draft results in terms of success/busts, Pace has probably done better than a lot of GMs. He did blow one top 10 pick-the most important one. That is what may get him fired, not his overall draft history.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again 90% of picks that high in the draft can be justified. At end of day they either succeed or fail. White, Floyd and Trubs failed at what they were drafted to do.