Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Post now here, so we all know who you are. Yeah, I get it, insanely high chance the Cubs are done and get to year 109 without a title, but what better way to end the drought than to do what has been done to them so many times before. Cubs may lose, but until the series is over and Cleveland is celebrating, I ain't conceding shit.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Post now here, so we all know who you are. Yeah, I get it, insanely high chance the Cubs are done and get to year 109 without a title, but what better way to end the drought than to do what has been done to them so many times before. Cubs may lose, but until the series is over and Cleveland is celebrating, I ain't conceding shit.

Not giving up, no way.

I said before this game that even down 3-1, I favor us with Lester v Bauer, I favor us with Jake v Tomlin in Clevelend with the bat of Schwarber in the lineup again, and I favor Kyle against Kluber who again is going on short rest...

Now of course winning 3 in a row isn't likely, the bats need to come alive and guys like Javy and Contreras need some coaching (swinging at everything won't do it) but one game at a time...

If we hit them hard and win with Lester to get it to Cleveland again they know it won't be given to them easy and they might start to feel some pressure as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I could see this being a nail biter 7 game series. Just need to do better with RISP.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I like today's chances. Lester needs to pitch better and they have to jump on Bauer early. With Schwarber back the dynamic of the line up changes. Tomlin didn't have to deal with him the first time and I don't expect the same dominate start. Kluber for the 3rd time vs Hendricks who avg's giving up a run a game. Again I like the chances if they get to Bauer

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Only thing that really matters is if the Cubs have given up. I don't think they've given up. They still are very capable of wining this whole thing.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am not giving up. But last night the players looked like they have. That has to change immediately.

But Jon Lester can send this back to Cleveland, and see what happens.

czman

Liked Posts:

What are you 6???? You do know we are not playing. What do we have to "give up"? I suspect most people here will do what they did for the other games. Watch them. If they win they will be happy. If they lose they will be unhappy. What a dumb ass post this is. Not saying you are dumb, but this post is really stupid.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm not. Cubs need some confidence and momentum. They swung at 51% of pitches outside the strike zone, 2nd highest for any game this year for anyone. They need to get back to what got them there. Working counts, playing great defense. And quit pressing. They were somewhat streaky this year. They are due to light it up

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks. And you get to be immortal legends.

Would you take those odds at the start of season? 3 game series sweep with 3 pitchers who have flirted with Cy Young stuff the last 2 years.

Bauer is toast.
Tomlin's paralyzed father magic will wear off and Cubs can crush him.

Then the best pitcher this year against a tired Kluber. I think the series goes 7, but that last game is a tough call.

greg23

Liked Posts:
If I haven't given up from san diego, does that help our chances tonight?

The team looks dead
The typical cub waiting for the other shoe to drop mentality is evident
The team is pressing leading the fans to go into press mode

Its almost like...if lester pitches well, we won't hit or our historically great defense will fall apart. If our offense breaks out, lester will get hammered.

On paper the next two pitching matchups favor us.
The paper doesn't factor the cubs swinging at balls in the dirt all night and offering no threats.

Bauer is awful so this is our chance.....I could see Francona yanking him in the 4th with the cubs offense exploding for 2-3 runs..and being tied.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the series? Yeah, that's definitely over. It was over with game 3. It's just a matter of whether the Cubs let them celebrate in Chicago or not.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks. And you get to be immortal legends.

Would you take those odds at the start of season? 3 game series sweep with 3 pitchers who have flirted with Cy Young stuff the last 2 years.

Bauer is toast.
Tomlin's paralyzed father magic will wear off and Cubs can crush him.

Then the best pitcher this year against a tired Kluber. I think the series goes 7, but that last game is a tough call.

Well, that's the pitching part.. the biggest problem is that the offense has completely imploded.. pitching staff can only take it so far.. these guys don't start hitting, with power, otherwise this thing ends today.

czman

Liked Posts:
Well, that's the pitching part.. the biggest problem is that the offense has completely imploded.. pitching staff can only take it so far.. these guys don't start hitting, with power, this thing ends today.

Trying to hit for power is the problem. The Indians are pitching a real simple game. They are throwing hard inside and soft outside. The Cubs need to start dumping some of those soft outside pitches the other way. This is hitting and pitching 101. The Cubs need to stop trying to hit for power and just keep the line moving. Anything to get on. Walks. Hit by pitch. Single the other. Stop trying to win crush the ball. Just keep the line moving and runs will come.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The Cubs are too arrogant to go to the opposite field even when the pitch is conducive to that. Their goal is to pull everything which leads to weak grounders and strike outs. I think their hitting coach might be the problem

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nothing is over until WE say it is!

DanTown

Liked Posts:
The Cubs are too arrogant to go to the opposite field even when the pitch is conducive to that. Their goal is to pull everything which leads to weak grounders and strike outs. I think their hitting coach might be the problem

#3 in the league in OPS with that strategy. Think you're going to see more of the Cubs go the other way in the future but you do realize that type of hitting is hard to have from a team of youngsters?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
#3 in the league in OPS with that strategy. Think you're going to see more of the Cubs go the other way in the future but you do realize that type of hitting is hard to have from a team of youngsters?
That's why you have coaches and managers to guide the youngsters with skulls full of mush. If they refuse to do it then they sit because what they are doing now isnt helping

DanTown

Liked Posts:
That's why you have coaches and managers to guide the youngsters with skulls full of mush. If they refuse to do it then they sit because what they are doing now isnt helping

A weird standard to hold a team with so many guys who are in the first stages of their MLB lives. Baez is never going to be a guy who loves to go the other way with his bat because of how quick his hands are. Gary Sheffield had a similar swing path + bat speed and he was a massive pull hitter. The only guys I'd like to see shoot the ball the other way with more regularity (particularly with two strikes) is Bryant, Soler, Rizzo, and Russell. Those guys have a good swing but I'm also not going to ask my power hitters to not try and pull the ball when the situation calls for it.

I mean did you see the swing Santana put on his home run ball? That's fantastic hitting. That's what Rizzo/Bryant are capable of doing with any pitch in the zone.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
A weird standard to hold a team with so many guys who are in the first stages of their MLB lives. Baez is never going to be a guy who loves to go the other way with his bat because of how quick his hands are.
Nobody had quicker hands than Hank Aaron or Clemente and both of those guys went opposite field. It's a matter of "want to" and looks like 23 year old kids are flexing their ego. The other night all Baez needed to do in the 9th was make contact and 2 runs score and we win, but he had to swing from the heals and try for the HR? WTF