Why aren’t we talking about Teddy?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He’s 27. Won’t cost any draft picks. Has extensive starting experience. Had a 99 rating last year. Spent two years learning from Brees. Played for a franchise that will likely give Pace an honest insider evaluation considering him and Payton are close.

In most years Bears fans would be SHITTING themselves to sign a QB with a resume like that. Yet it seems like this year the guy people want to talk about it a washed up ginger as a backup? WTF?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
When you see what Teddy ends up signing for in the QB market, you'll understand...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
99 rating last year but career 88. Could be an outlier, which is a lot for a guy that wants $30million to be a game manager. But at least he doesn't turn the ball over

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
TB does not project much better than what he was when he was younger.

He is a game manager and nothing more. There is no real reason to believe that he will excel outside the NO system.

TB's interest comes from a lack of talent in the pool of potential FA and the desperation some teams have to find somebody.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
99 rating last year but career 88. Could be an outlier, which is a lot for a guy that wants $30million to be a game manager. But at least he doesn't turn the ball over

Yeah it’s a risk. I agree. But so is running with Trubisky and hoping he finally figures it out. So is hoping the Bears finally draft a good QB despite years of failure at it. There’s no sure thing.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
TB does not project much better than what he was when he was younger.

He is a game manager and nothing more. There is no real reason to believe that he will excel outside the NO system.

TB's interest comes from a lack of talent in the pool of potential FA and the desperation some teams have to find somebody.

This might be the most talented free agent QB class ever. Depending on who gets franchised of course.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Follow up question. Is Teddy a top 15 QB in the league? Top 20?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I've been told our o-line and running game is so bad it's not worth trying to get better at QB.

We should just give up.

I thought it was the TE and WR as well?

Literally the Bears have holes everywhere on the O side but the QB position, that is our strength according to msadows and his ilk.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah it’s a risk. I agree. But so is running with Trubisky and hoping he finally figures it out. So is hoping the Bears finally draft a good QB despite years of failure at it. There’s no sure thing.

Not so sure that signing a guy that is only marginally better than Trubisky for $30 million is worth it. Even with his 99rating in an offense featuring Kamara, Thomas & Cook with a damn good OL & elite playcaller his QBR was only 45, which was wasn't much better than Trubisky.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He’s 27. Won’t cost any draft picks. Has extensive starting experience. Had a 99 rating last year. Spent two years learning from Brees. Played for a franchise that will likely give Pace an honest insider evaluation considering him and Payton are close.

In most years Bears fans would be SHITTING themselves to sign a QB with a resume like that. Yet it seems like this year the guy people want to talk about it a washed up ginger as a backup? WTF?
Does he come with Sean Payton?

He has had 2 full seasons of being Mitch Trubisky (86.3TB vs 85.8MT passer rating) followed by 5 games at 99.1.

This while playing for the coach that jumped Brees' passer rating from 84.9 for 5 yrs in SDG to 101.3 in NO.

TB played 17 passer rating pts lower than Brees this season in the same offense (119.3 vs99.1). He will be the hugest oversigning of this offseason by some dolt GM.

That's why I am not talking about Teddy Mehwater

Last edited:

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Not so sure that signing a guy that is only marginally better than Trubisky for $30 million is worth it. Even with his 99rating in an offense featuring Kamara, Thomas & Cook with a damn good OL & elite playcaller his QBR was only 45, which was wasn't much better than Trubisky.

He's not coming here. And Teddy will get a 5 or 6 year plus long term deal when it's all said and done.

He's gonna go to the highest bidder (length of contract, guaranteed money, signing bonus) which is his right and there are a lot of teams with huge amounts of cap space

https://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-cap-space-1/

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sign Teddy. cut Floyd, Prince and Turbo. Let Mitch go next year. Draft TE, WR and Oline. Offense should be young and decent. Defense takes a step back. Go heavy on the D next year. If you do it right you can have a balanced young team that will compete for years. (Assuming Teddy is good)

is this any more risky than wasting another year with Mitch and then playing the draft lottery for the next decade? I mean I get it’s not a slam dunk but what is?