Why I Think Bears Run Game Will Be Better in 2019

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This guy maybe....

Un-drafted
Alex Bars ....Many speculated Bars would’ve been as high as a mid-round draft pick if not for that devastating knee injury. It didn’t take the 6-foot-6, 312 pound Bars long, though, to decide where he wanted to go after not being picked in April’s draft. Call it the Harry Hiestand effect.

Bars played under Hiestand’s tutelage at Notre Dame from 2014-2017, and said he always wanted to wind up with the Bears to work with his former coach — just as 2018 top-10 picks Quenton Nelson and Mike McGlinchey hoped to as well.

The undrafted guard was able to participate in veteran minicamp, allowing him to shake off some rust before his real push for a roster spot begins in training camp next month.
The longer Long an stay healthy, the longer Bars can watch and learn.

Fingers crossed...

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The longer Long an stay healthy, the longer Bars can watch and learn.

Fingers crossed...
This is the first offseason in three years that Long has not been rehabbing an injury. Given the time to get in a full offseason workout program he will be able to come into camp in condition. Last year this helped Trevathan , my hope is it will also help Long avoid injury.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
This is the big question, and one we'll obviously have to just hope for the best and wait and see. His college resumé isn't all that impressive.

Just essentially zero chance really. Going into 2019 hoping or counting on anything from Long is a huge mistake imo. It's baffling by the Bears FO, because I don't even know what their contingency plan is with how thin the line is. It's like they haven't paid attention the last 4 years at all.

Not an impressive resume?
Led the nation by a wide margin in broken tackles and yards after contact. Then add the counterintuitive fact that he had 750+ carries and 2 fumbles playing behind a very weak OL.
Won the Big 12 character award, eagle scout etc, etc.
Oh, and his 40 time is the same as Hunt's and Payton's...just saying.
Exactly what are you looking for on a resume?