Why the Bears are 'pinching ourselves' over rookie RB David Montgomery

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I took him in my fantasy draft #2, sooooo.......

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm confused. Is David Montgomery not yet 18 years old????

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I am actually more looking to see Montgomery being used as a receiving threat. The Packers are spread out, trying to cover the Bears receivers and then Montgomery catches a screen or a wheel route and he has one person to beat...

we are all jumping out of our seats as he leaves that defender swinging at air, as he runs for an additional 10+ yards.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Ok, shame on me for wanting an injury, but wouldn't it be appropriate if Montgomery is running down the Packers sideline. Amos goes all out to tackle him. Montgomery makes a move on him causing him to completely miss the tackle as he dives off the field directly into Rodgers' knee, sending him to an early retirement.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok, shame on me for wanting an injury, but wouldn't it be appropriate if Montgomery is running down the Packers sideline. Amos goes all out to tackle him. Montgomery makes a move on him causing him to completely miss the tackle as he dives off the field directly into Rodgers' knee, sending him to an early retirement.

Me thinking about this scenario:

giphy.gif

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I really hope this kid is good. He’s getting a LOT of hype and RB is One position you can ball out from day one.
It’s kinda strange, I recall a VERY similar type of hype around Forte when he was drafted as well. He came in so professional and geared to work.

I honestly did not expect this from Montgomery (or any RB) when he was drafted.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Seems like a nice guy. I can't imagine having to grow up in Cincinnati, much less growing up in poverty there.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like a nice guy. I can't imagine having to grow up in Cincinnati, much less growing up in poverty there.

2nd worst scenario to growing up in Cleveland.

Anyways, I'm very excited to see what the Bears have in Montgomery now that the snaps actually matter and we'll see the real offense for once tonight.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears need Montgomery to draw attention away from Cohen.

Cohen regularly had two guys eyeing him....if Montgomery can legit draw some linebacker or nickel attention Cohen would be the biggest beneficiary.

The best thing would be for Montgomery to cause matchup issues tonite Cohen would be the beneficiary as the season goes on.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I really hope this kid is good. He’s getting a LOT of hype and RB is One position you can ball out from day one.

I've bought into the hype on him and in fantasy. Do you feel he'll be worthy enough in fantasy to be the #2 RB on your team in 10 and 12 team leagues? I have him as my #2 in a couple that i went either TE or QB early. They are all PPR leagues.