Wild Guess - Stephen Denmark at safety

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
All he has to do is be good at taking angles, wrapping up and smart enough to not play out of position, all things Dix seems to have struggled with before... Coverage skills aren't as much of a high prerequisite at this other safety position.

It will come down to how fast can he read the offense IMHO. The little tape that is out there he has shown quick reads, decisiveness, and really good tackling technique that surely was instinctive given the short time he was on defense. Of course that was at a much much slower pace than an NFL offense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Spotrac the Bears are -26m. This does not account for rollover. It also does not account for any cap increase.

Bears have 16m this year. If all rolled over they’d be -10m before any cap increase.

Bears aren’t in that bad of shape when you consider salary restructures as well.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
According to Spotrac the Bears are -26m. This does not account for rollover. It also does not account for any cap increase.

Bears have 16m this year. If all rolled over they’d be -10m before any cap increase.

Bears aren’t in that bad of shape when you consider salary restructures as well.

So the 16 m from this year, if they don’t use it, rolls over? Didn’t know that. That does indeed help.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the 16 m from this year, if they don’t use it, rolls over? Didn’t know that. That does indeed help.
My guess is they may extend one or two people with this and lower future salaries

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
And where did you get the 12 mil from? Your ass?

Why yes, it did come from my anus. Literally! I flatulated and it made a sound most resembling “twelve”. So I went with it. Should have qualified that when I posted it. I said “something like” to indicate uncertainty. And since I am not a paid reporter that seemed fair at the time. Still, my anis did a remarkable job of getting close to the number. I have quite a smart anus.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Clearly a smartass.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
FWIW

Basically the article just says his physical traits & skills would be good for SS... but they don't make him bad for CB.

I'd argue he'd be more valuable as a good CB, and many think Prince is on his way out for being too expensive.

Bears may train him as a Safety... I could see it, but there's no reason he can't be developed into a great CB.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Basically the article just says his physical traits & skills would be good for SS... but they don't make him bad for CB.

I'd argue he'd be more valuable as a good CB, and many think Prince is on his way out for being too expensive.

Bears may train him as a Safety... I could see it, but there's no reason he can't be developed into a great CB.

Saw a tweet that Denmark is at corner.