will singletary be our next d corr

Rise

Liked Posts:
I hope we bring in Singletary in some type of role. New HC is going to be focused on offense, we need a link to the greatness and tradition of Bears defense on this staff now.

Neolithic

Liked Posts:
I hope we bring in Singletary in some type of role. New HC is going to be focused on offense, we need a link to the greatness and tradition of Bears defense on this staff now.

No....no we don't.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I would instantly regret the Trestman hire if he brought Singletary in to be our DC. That would be a colossal failure.

dondraper

He helped build the niners defense into what it is. He was just clueless about offense

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He helped build the niners defense into what it is. He was just clueless about offense

He coached up Willis and rookie Bowman, the majority of the build of that team was Mike Nolan when they were good on D and terrible at O before his firing.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. LB coach at the very, very most.

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No that was Bill Walsh who wanted to draft defensive players. He felt the defensive players were the harder to find athlete.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind seeing Spagnoulo. He runs an aggressive scheme, and over the past few years I wanted to see a little more of that from our defense, cause at times I thought we played too soft.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Why is everyone acting like Singletary is Bobby Petrino or something? Yeah he had some difficulties with the Niners but that happens sometimes with young teams and first time HC's. Alot of what he said, like not being able to win with selfish players was right on. Personally I don't think i'd like to see him be DC here only because he'd get the blame when this aging defense finally fails, but peoples reactions about him are hard to understand.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Mods can we get a sticky forum for our new DC? I asked this in another post, is Greg Williams reinstated?

Liked Posts:

If you want to bring in a guy that will ruin the Bears defense, it'd probably be cheaper to just go sign Adam Archuleta.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Looks like Hoke might get the job. Only assistant to remain on staff.