Wins a plenty in 2020?

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I have not been this excited for the Sox season to start in years. Hahn has filled the holes and fixed deficiencies from last year
and just looking at this projected lineup it looks like they could be the return of the Southside Hitmen again..If the young
pitchers can take steps forward and the bullpen is reliable they could win the division and then who knows from there.
It's looking very encouraging..

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Tribune have decided to make themself inaccessible to anyone under 60 years old, so if you could paste the projected lineup I'd love that.

No less than 13 pop-up came with that link. I hate the tribune for being stupid dark age fucks that deserve to go out of business.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not exactly rocket science though. They probably got that wrong along with their business model.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Anderson
2. Moncada
3. Abreu
4. Robert
5. Grandal
6. Encarnacion
7. Jiminez
8. Madrigal
9. Ingel/McCann/Garcia/Mazara worked in on any given day, though I expect an outfielder or two will be shipped out. Would Ingel or Garcia platoon better from a bat perspective with Mazara?

Might not be where they start, but where I suspect they end up with some lefty/righty tinkering.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
If Madrigal is an OBP machine as some predict, he'll probably bat second after Robert once he too has his sea legs.

CF Robert
2B Madrigal
3B Moncada

at the top, could be pretty fun.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Madrigal is an OBP machine as some predict, he'll probably bat second after Robert once he too has his sea legs.

CF Robert
2B Madrigal
3B Moncada

at the top, could be pretty fun.

Nah...Madrigal is a little bitch and I'll be happy if he plays a decent 2B while batting .240 with a few doubles and extra walks. Fantastic. Bat him 8 and put somebody fast in the 9 hole to really fuck with people ahead of Anderson/Moncada.

I hope he is half as exciting as Ryan the Riot. (Theriot)

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
If Madrigal ends up keeping the high on-base percentage he's shown in the college and minors it would be stupid to bat him 8th. High OBP folk are usually put in the top of the order to, you know, get on base for the sluggers.....

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Who knows how they'll start, depends on where the young guys are at. But Madrigal is likely to wind up either second or ninth. I guess in 2021 if it's the same core group:

Robert
Moncada
Abreu
Jiminez
Grandal
Encarnacion
Mazara
Anderson
Madrigal

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
The Tribune have decided to make themself inaccessible to anyone under 60 years old, so if you could paste the projected lineup I'd love that.

No less than 13 pop-up came with that link. I hate the tribune for being stupid dark age fucks that deserve to go out of business.
Yeah I can't stand their site either, so I use pop up blockers..and when they only allow you to read 2-3 articles without a subscription, I use CCleaner to flush browser history, cookies etc..and can read on.

1- Luis Robert, CF

2. Yoan Moncada, 3B

3. Jose Abreu, 1B

4. Yasmani Grandal, C

5. Eloy Jimenez, LF

6. Edwin Encarnacion, DH

7. Tim Anderson, SS

8. Nomar Mazara, RF

9. Nick Madrigal, 2B

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Robert is like a Springer lead-off type that will crack 30 home runs?

The competition is clearer than the expected result.

1. Anderson/Robert
2. Moncada/Madrigal
3. Abreu/Robert
4. Grandal/Jiminez
5. Jiminez/Grandal(Encarnacion)
6. Encarnacion/Abreu/Robert
7. Encarnacion/Abreu
8. OF/DH
9. Moncada/Madrigal

I am sure it will change throughout the year

I'd go ahead and start things with

1. Anderson
2. Moncada
3. Abreu
4. Grandal
5. Jiminez
6. Robert
7. Encarnacion
8. Mazara/Garcia
9. Madrigal

goddamn thats a good line-up...doesn't really matter what you do with alot of 30hr bats and versatility. sweet baby jebus

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean the reality is Encarnacion is almost washed up, Jiminez may be stuck hitting .240 for another year or two, Abreu has shown regression for periods of time but can still get hot, the pitching is mediocre but finally has some depth to it.

Anderson and Moncada would do well to repeat last year, but can we count on that? Madrigal might take some time. Etc.

In the American League the struggle just to get to .500 is real. But they are in it to win for the first time in 12 or 13 years. I'm happy they decided to compete and will try to support the march to get above .500 this year. It would be a victory to be talked about in August!!

Lets go!

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
So Robert is like a Springer lead-off type that will crack 30 home runs?

The competition is clearer than the expected result.

1. Anderson/Robert
2. Moncada/Madrigal
3. Abreu/Robert
4. Grandal/Jiminez
5. Jiminez/Grandal(Encarnacion)
6. Encarnacion/Abreu/Robert
7. Encarnacion/Abreu
8. OF/DH
9. Moncada/Madrigal

I am sure it will change throughout the year

I'd go ahead and start things with

1. Anderson
2. Moncada
3. Abreu
4. Grandal
5. Jiminez
6. Robert
7. Encarnacion
8. Mazara/Garcia
9. Madrigal

goddamn thats a good line-up...doesn't really matter what you do with alot of 30hr bats and versatility. sweet baby jebus
Ricky is going to have some fun as he has options at DH he didn't have last year. Better production at DH spot, more plate discipline and better OBP , they have a chance to score a lot of runs. I agree it sounds like a great lineup almost any way you juggle it. I'm more concerned about the pitching and hope the young arms can step forward and stay healthy..Also hope the defense is better, I love Anderson but he needs to clean up his miscues.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...its hard not to be excited.

Abreu and Encarnacion give Sox two line-up "protecters" to make sure the youth get pitches. That should help everyone along and they can move guys all over as necessary or however it plays out.

I hope they get enough hits that Engel is getting 3 innings a game on defense to close out games.

What will the defensive line-up be?

Bring in Madrigal/Engel/Garcia and a SS and send Anderson to outfield?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A little over 80 wins sounds about right

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I don't expect this year to be a playoff year. Too much youth we'll be relying on and pitchers coming off injuries. This year we'll be fun to watch, and show flashes, but I think 2021 is when the window really opens.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I mean the reality is Encarnacion is almost washed up, Jiminez may be stuck hitting .240 for another year or two, Abreu has shown regression for periods of time but can still get hot, the pitching is mediocre but finally has some depth to it.

Anderson and Moncada would do well to repeat last year, but can we count on that? Madrigal might take some time. Etc.

In the American League the struggle just to get to .500 is real. But they are in it to win for the first time in 12 or 13 years. I'm happy they decided to compete and will try to support the march to get above .500 this year. It would be a victory to be talked about in August!!

Lets go!

Eloy hit .267 last year and was trending up at the end of the season. Why would he be in line to bat at a .240 clip?