You are GarPax. What would you do?

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
You are Gar and Pax. At this point, you would have to know this roster is in shambles and won't be winning a championship anytime soon. What would you do to fix it? Be realistic.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
sadly, there is no clear cut answer(s) for this roster right now. the guys they want to move, nobody wants...and the 2 or 3 guys teams would be interested in, the bulls don't want to move...

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
sadly, there is no clear cut answer(s) for this roster right now. the guys they want to move, nobody wants...and the 2 or 3 guys teams would be interested in, the bulls don't want to move...

Their goal right now should be clearing cap space and trying to obtain a 2016 1st round pick from some sort of trade.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I would try to move Gasol. He likely won't be back next season anyway. That's about it. Hopefully Derrick plays better down the stretch.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Their goal right now should be clearing cap space and trying to obtain a 2016 1st round pick from some sort of trade.

then youre talking trading guys like Gibson, snell, gasol, and niko as realistic trade pieces to clear cap space. I don't include Dunleavy since nobody would touch a 3 year deal on a guy with a bad back at that age. I don't include rose because theres no realistic way we trade him, especially in a move that clears cap room for us. noah I don't include since he is in his final year so he will come off the books anyways, so unless someone offers a first rounder I don't see a point in trading him. same goes for others on 1 year deals.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would keep doing what I've been doing because it's kept me employed

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;2977kyiTByM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2977kyiTByM[/video]

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cut Rose, then proceed to winning championships.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I would cash gasol out before he reaches free agency. We're crowded up front and could desperately use a wing. MDJ would help, but he's an old vet and not worth standing pat for. I don't know who would be interested, but I'm sure a motivated FO could find a pretty decent deal for him.

I'd listen to all trade offers. Especially if teams even had mild interest in taj or niko. I wouldn't have a quick trigger though, and the trade market will most likely dictate that we hold onto them rather than losing a trade.

Trade pau, play Noah slightly more. Around 28 MPG and play bobby more. A consistent 20-22 mpg would suffice.

There's not a whole lot you can do to transform a mediocre team to a legit c championship team. Not when the problem is a lack of star talent.

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
Sign my walking papers.Admit that I've screwed up.

Unless Michael Reinsdorf has the stones to fire him expect GarPax to start wheeling and dealing players.Still though I really doubt they will ever get fired unless missing the playoffs and extra $$$ hits teh pownership where it hurts-->pockets ,bank accounts

If anyone from the stupid Bulls organization is reading

Gasol and Noah for Dwight Howard
Rose,Snell for Rondo and Gay

Rondo,Brooks
Butler,Hinrich
Gay,McDermott
Gibson,Mirotic
Howard,Portis

otherwise obtain draft picks if you can.But I really think they should start wheeling and dealing.The next month or so the schedule gets a lot togher and values may drop especially with a losing record.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
then youre talking trading guys like Gibson, snell, gasol, and niko as realistic trade pieces to clear cap space. I don't include Dunleavy since nobody would touch a 3 year deal on a guy with a bad back at that age. I don't include rose because theres no realistic way we trade him, especially in a move that clears cap room for us. noah I don't include since he is in his final year so he will come off the books anyways, so unless someone offers a first rounder I don't see a point in trading him. same goes for others on 1 year deals.

Yep. I'd include them in talks if meant getting a 1st rounder back in some sort of package or something. I think you can include Brooks in talks as a 2nd piece of a package as well if he's willing to waive his bird rights.

How about this proposal?

TRADE: Gasol, Snell (or Brooks), and 2nd round pick
RECEIVE: Pacers' 2016 1st round pick and Solomon Hill

Using the two 1st rounders, I'd draft Wade Baldwin IV, point guard out of Vanderbilt, and Diamond Stone, center out of Maryland.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

Unless Michael Reinsdorf has the stones to fire him expect GarPax to start wheeling and dealing players.Still though I really doubt they will ever get fired unless missing the playoffs and extra $$$ hits teh pownership where it hurts-->pockets ,bank accounts

Rondo,Brooks
Butler,Hinrich
Gay,McDermott
Gibson,Mirotic
Howard,Portis

otherwise obtain draft picks if you can.But I really think they should start wheeling and dealing.The next month or so the schedule gets a lot togher and values may drop especially with a losing record.

It would have to get bad for there to be a lack of cash. The fan base is enormous and even when the Bulls suck they are still amongst the leaders in attendance.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yep. I'd include them in talks if meant getting a 1st rounder back in some sort of package or something. I think you can include Brooks in talks as a 2nd piece of a package as well if he's willing to waive his bird rights.

How about this proposal?

TRADE: Gasol, Snell (or Brooks), and 2nd round pick
RECEIVE: Pacers' 2016 1st round pick and Solomon Hill

Using the two 1st rounders, I'd draft Wade Baldwin IV, point guard out of Vanderbilt, and Diamond Stone, center out of Maryland.

id be fine with the trade except for the FACT its not a possible trade. this is the problem a lot of bulls fans have....they want to make trades but then suggest trades that aren't even possible and then get mad at GarPax when they don't make that move lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Rondo,Brooks
Butler,Hinrich
Gay,McDermott
Gibson,Mirotic
Howard,Portis

remind me again why Houston or Sacramento would make those deals? there is literally no incentive for them to make those trades with us...they get next to nothing of value in return. youy think Houston is going to trade howard for gasol and noah....two guys who will be free agents at the end of the season. then you think the kings are going to take on rose and his contract? much less give up two players of value in rondo and gay for him? this is laughable

czman

Liked Posts:
If I am GarPax thing would have been different at the beginning of this season so...........

At this point I let it play out unless I can get an cost neutral improvement that upgrades the SF spot. I think moving a big and you win might get you something. If you get do that, might as well stay out. I don't think the Bulls will have a firesale. I don't see a good trade partner right now. The time to do something has past.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I honestly think it starts with Gasol.