You are Ryan Pace. What do you do about Kaare Vedvick?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You know your team is stacked when the most active thread a week into preseason is 100+ posts deep contemplating a 2nd string kicker on another team.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You know your team is stacked when the most active thread a week into preseason is 100+ posts deep contemplating a 2nd string kicker on another team.

Indeed. The product of being pretty well set on every single position other than the one that cost you a Super Bowl run.

The Bears are in an incredibly unique situation where they basically know what they've got at every single position...other than one.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I was wondering the same thing. I saw the reports that the Bears were interested in the kicker, and then that someone with THE JETS thought the Bears would trade for him. But I've seen no reporting and no evidence that the Bears were prepared to offer *anything*.

I'm not saying they didn't. But I've not seen any reporting saying they did.

Yeah i agree. I mean it's pretty obvious that if they don't truly believe in one of Fry/Piniero then they absolutely at the very least made that phone call to Balt about Vedvick and probably other teams as well, but that doesn't mean Pace is making offers to teams and we don't even know if he wants to make a trade for a kicker or if he's just waiting for teams to start dropping kickers which is gonna happen. Vedvick i can see him making some kind of offer for because his name has been around since last year and the word was out that he could be a good one but that doesn't mean he's gonna trade for the kid from Carolina that just put on a kicking show in Soldier Field for us or anyone else. I'd keep an eye on G.Joseph from Clev as well.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently it was on the score that the Bears offered a conditional 5th round pick and never even heard back from the Ravens. Pace never had the chance to match the offer from Minnesota if he wanted to.
I've heard the same.

Looks like we aren't that confident in the two we have

Can't be worse than what we've been throwing out there right???

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
This has been my most active thread, lol. Note to self, only start threads on kickers.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Understandable but an unconditional 5th was a lot and the Vikes was worth more than ours. We'd have had to throw in a another late pick. This board would have gone ballistic, LOL.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
packers were in on vedvick as well, obviously not as aggressive but 3 out of 5 teams interested coming from NFC North lol

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
What do they mean by most aggressive? If they were the most aggressive team, wouldn’t they have Vedvik right now?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bailey had a worse percentage than Parkey last year. He was 31st in the league, making 72 percent of his kicks. No thanks.
I'm aware but that isn't his overall MO. Also wasn't a recommendation but would be funny if he ended up here and kicked lights out.

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LMAO.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Apparently it was on the score that the Bears offered a conditional 5th round pick and never even heard back from the Ravens. Pace never had the chance to match the offer from Minnesota if he wanted to.
It was reported that Pace was by far the most active in trade talks but made it clear a conditional 5th was his price. No need to call him back and the Ravens jumped all over the Vikes unconditional pick. If they called back, did you expect Pace to offer an unconditional 4th?

Either did the Ravens.

Last edited:

Speed

Liked Posts:
Thank God the Vikings bailed us out of that one.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank God the Vikings bailed us out of that one.

A conditional 5th would not have hurt us at all. The Vikings didn’t bail us out of anything.

Speed

Liked Posts:
A conditional 5th would not have hurt us at all. The Vikings didn’t bail us out of anything.

Ah it was conditional, that was smart of Pace then. He would've been cut without a loss.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ah it was conditional, that was smart of Pace then. He would've been cut without a loss.

Apparently Pace isn't a fucking idiot......someone tell omelet so he can rip his dick off.