You guys see this live Bears mock draft thing?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
the most annoying part is the draft a qb early crew. It is like no, just no, just stop.

it is not, has not been, and will never be a good idea to draft a QB before the 6th or 7th this year. This is the win now or heads will roll year.

I felt that way before the two trade downs we did with our two 2nd round picks but now that we added 3 extra pick in the 5th--7th rounds i'm good with using one on a QB and would be good with A.Gordon or J.Morgan in the 5th or C.McDonald, N.Stanley in the 7th.

We did some really good work on our o-line with getting I.Wilson and D.Lewis in the draft to go with G.Ifedi in free agency.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gibson still there. He would definitely be the pick. I don't like Gordon as a QB prospect or Hill at CB. They just seem to be drafting blindly based on need.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Gibson still there. He would definitely be the pick. I don't like Gordon as a QB prospect or Hill at CB. They just seem to be drafting blindly based on need.

A.Gordon it is. We need to get a safety next. A.Gibson off the board for our next pick.

A.Brooks Jr (Maryland)
B.Cole--(Miss St)
A.Gilman--(Notre Dame)
JR Reed--(Georgia)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would probably take Brooks if those are the options but if Tanner Muse is not gone then I would have taken him as a SS/Nickel LB hybrid.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
A.Gordon it is. We need to get a safety next. A.Gibson off the board for our next pick.

A.Brooks Jr (Maryland)
B.Cole--(Miss St)
A.Gilman--(Notre Dame)
JR Reed--(Georgia)

The issue is that all the safeties are splitting the safety vote, so we may end up getting a different position.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lavert Hill - CB. Not a fan of the last 2 picks. A 5th round CB is unlikely to beat out all the bodies we already have there. I would go CB early or not at all.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Damien Lewis (G LSU) in the lead now at 21% with A.Gordon and T.Moss both at 16%, L.Hill (CB Mich) at 13% and your boy A.Gibson at 9%.

D.Lewis wins. We still have two more picks in the 5th round.

#48--Isaiah Wilson
#57--L.Shenault
#158--D.Lewis

If we add Wilson and Lewis I would be isolating with an erection. You want to kick some peoples asses? Add those 2.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah loved their first 3 picks as you looking at possible starting RT, RG, and No 3 WR. Next two picks not so much.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If we add Wilson and Lewis I would be isolating with an erection. You want to kick some peoples asses? Add those 2.
Yeah loved their first 3 picks as you looking at possible starting RT, RG, and No 3 WR. Next two picks not so much.

I think most of CCS will be very happy with getting 2 o-linemen with our first 3 picks and think getting D.Lewis in the 5th could be a steal. I would of gone with A.Gibson over Gordon as well but not gonna get angry taking a shot on Gordon with our QB situation the way it is.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Looks like next pick is between Geno Stone and Tanner Muse. I would probably take Tanner Muse on this one. 6-2, 230 and 4.47 speed. Not as fluid as you would like but nice SS/Nickel LB prospect.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Tanner Muse is bad at football and I’ve watched him play every snap for the last 2 football seasons

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
i did a live draft with fans, no trades for me tho, mine's when like..
2nd rd Johan Jackson OG
2nd rd K.J Hamler WR (pittman jr. was also available)
5th..JR. Reed (holy shit no hesitation)
6th Lamar Jackson CB
6th Trey Adams OT
7th Tyler Huntley QB (over Steven Montez)
7th Jacob Breeland TE

a Fudge Packers fan got himself Reagor(1st) and Hopkins(3rd)..fuck that shit, that would piss me off.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Looks like next pick is between Geno Stone and Tanner Muse. I would probably take Tanner Muse on this one. 6-2, 230 and 4.47 speed. Not as fluid as you would like but nice SS/Nickel LB prospect.

I also like Shaquille Quarterman (ILB Miami) K.Coleman (OLB Syracuse) M.Dorn (S North Carolina) and J.Blackmon (CB Utah) as well but good with either one of Muse and Stone and would probably prefer Stone IMO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tanner Muse is bad at football and I’ve watched him play every snap for the last 2 football seasons

Nah playing out of place IMO. Played him too much as a deep S. He projects more as a SS in the box or a Nickel LB. Given Bears played nickel and dime about 80% of the time last year, I would view him as a Nickel LB for us that maybe plays SS on obvious running downs or at the goal line.

I also like Shaquille Quarterman (ILB Miami) K.Coleman (OLB Syracuse) M.Dorn (S North Carolina) and J.Blackmon (CB Utah) as well but good with either one of Muse and Stone and would probably prefer Stone IMO.

Pick was Stone. Muse still there and still like him over Quarterman as nickel LB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I want Quarterman, D.Keene, S.Sullivan or B.Washington Jr (DT Texas Tech)

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If you know anything about Sewo Olonilua, RB, TCU, you know he is the perfect back to compliment Monty. He is my second choice if we can’t land AJ Dillon. I like him a lot In the 7th.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Nah playing out of place IMO. Played him too much as a deep S. He projects more as a SS in the box or a Nickel LB. Given Bears played nickel and dime about 80% of the time last year, I would view him as a Nickel LB for us that maybe plays SS on obvious running downs or at the goal line.

Pick was Stone. Muse still there and still like him over Quarterman as nickel LB.
He struggled with tackling at Clemson too though. Ask any Clemson fan and they’ll roll their eyes at Muse. He’s not good deep and he’s average at best in the box because he’s simply not that athletic.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He struggled with tackling at Clemson too though. Ask any Clemson fan and they’ll roll their eyes at Muse. He’s not good deep and he’s average at best in the box because he’s simply not that athletic.

He is athletic but not fluid as he has trouble turning hips. Has great straight line speed at 4.47 and good vert and good broad jump.

His SPARQ score is basically top 5 at S and would be a tad higher at LB.

The issue boils down to whether a team thinks they can coach him to translate that athleticism onto the field but as a late round pick you can gamble on that kind of athleticism.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

He is athletic but not fluid as he has trouble turning hips. Has great straight line speed at 4.47 and good vert and good broad jump.

His SPARQ score is basically top 5 at S and would be a tad higher at LB.

The issue boils down to whether a team thinks they can coach him to translate that athleticism onto the field but as a late round pick you can gamble on that kind of athleticism.
Straight speed means relatively little for an in the box safety since they don’t really get that many chances to display. Change of direction and short burst speed are much more important and that’s where he struggles.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Straight speed means relatively little for an in the box safety since they don’t really get that many chances to display. Change of direction and short burst speed are much more important and that’s where he struggles.

Again his problem athletically is mainly one area ie change of direction but otherwise one of the top athletes in draft. So not fair to say he isnt athletic when actually rated as one of most athletic players in draft.

His broad jump which is a measure of explosion was 10th at S or LB so short area burst is fine.