Zappa appreciation thread

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I had no real idea. My dad played me some experimental jazz rock tracks and told me why he didn't like Zappa when I was like 13.

I just listened to crusin with Ruben and the jets. This is great. Gosh my dad was literally always a boomer.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Please share your frank Zappa recommendations and stories here.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What the fuck is a Frank Zappa?

Does @Ares need to choke a bitch?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@number51 @Xuder O'Clam u guys post some Zappa YouTube. Pls help me navigate. My favorites on this one currently are Later that night and You didn't try to call me.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What the fuck is a Frank Zappa?

Does @Ares need to choke a bitch?
Dude I really had no idea. I was under the impression he was like weird al and ornette coleman combined but I'm in love.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude I really had no idea. I was under the impression he was like weird al and joe satriani combined but I'm in love.

K but you did not answer my 2nd question.

Do I need to choke a bitch? Or nah

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
K but you did not answer my 2nd question.

Do I need to choke a bitch? Or nah
He was a musician who made a lot of different musics, fought censorship, didn't into drugs but wanted them to be legal, and named his kids outrageous names.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also i dont think u have to choke anyone over this @Ares

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was a musician who made a lot of different musics, fought censorship, didn't into drugs but wanted them to be legal, and named his kids outrageous names.

Copy, ima go find a bitch to choke.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Zappa is a very talented musician and a funny guy.

Here is an example of him being a great guitarist. The song starts around the 50 second mark.

Here is an example of Zappa being funny as fuck.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Zappa is a very talented musician and a funny guy.

Here is an example of him being a great guitarist. The song starts around the 50 second mark.

Here is an example of Zappa being funny as fuck.

Thank you. I appreciate the distinction u made too. I just listened to most of "weasels" and am even more pissed off at my boomer dad

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Thank you. I appreciate the distinction u made too. I just listened to most of "weasels" and am even more pissed off at my boomer dad

Avoid 200 Motels the film and the album are both messed up, some people will tell you to avoid Studio Tan.

My favorites are Overnight Sensation, Apostrophe, Bongo Fury, One Size Fit's All, Sheik Yerbouti, and Joe's Garage.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I already feel bad for waltzing into this thread and giving my unsolicited opinion BUT... I like humor. I like music. I can never reconcile the 2. Like, I will listen to a humorous song and say 'those lyrics are funny' but I can't bliss out to it. I can't bliss out to comedy on its own, either. I'm a cuck. Frank Zappa's humorousness always got in its own way for me with his songs, although I think he (and his kids!) is/are talented musicians.I also had to listen to the same Zappa song over and over again with my ride to high school until sophomore year. The lyrics made jokes about 'super vulva' or something. Love Maybe, Dad

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Avoid 200 Motels the film and the album are both messed up, some people will tell you to avoid Studio Tan.

My favorites are Overnight Sensation, Apostrophe, Bongo Fury, One Size Fit's All, Sheik Yerbouti, and Joe's Garage.
Can u be my dad after my dad dies? Its either u or @Xuder O'Clam

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I already feel bad for waltzing into this thread and giving my unsolicited opinion BUT... I like humor. I like music. I can never reconcile the 2. Like, I will listen to a humorous song and say 'those lyrics are funny' but I can't bliss out to it. I can't bliss out to comedy on its own, either. I'm a cuck. Frank Zappa's humorousness always got in its own way for me his songs, althoughI think he (and his kids!) is/are talented musicians. Love Maybe, Dad
That's what I thought until I heard this doowap