Patriot Bears Off Season

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
who said anything about getting rid of Trubisky? If McD doesnt want Trubisky you really think Pace will hire him? and Pace is not going to give up control of GM duties ..

mcD runs a really good offence, and has success with different QBs.. he even made Orton look like a pretty good QB. That is a very good thing to have for your HC/OC

So why are you bringing up Belichick getting rid of Kosar?
If someone wanted the crap Brown's HC would you want him because a crap Brown's HC became the winning coach of the Patriots?

No I don't think Pace allows any HC to have that power so he wouldn't want McD and McD wouldn't want to come here because that is the power he wants. Instead of Fox to rebuild that would've been OK but his MO is to tear a team down before building it up not take off running with what he has.

The MO of Fox teams is you bring in someone who is willing to win with what Fox built. It's a small sample size but there is no reason to assume that is who McD is.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
maxresdefault.jpg

Is that fucking Mose in the background??

08300f882e2cfdc1f6efde4794002ac6.jpg

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
So why are you bringing up Belichick getting rid of Kosar?
If someone wanted the crap Brown's HC would you want him because a crap Brown's HC became the winning coach of the Patriots?

No I don't think Pace allows any HC to have that power so he wouldn't want McD and McD wouldn't want to come here because that is the power he wants. Instead of Fox to rebuild that would've been OK but his MO is to tear a team down before building it up not take off running with what he has.

The MO of Fox teams is you bring in someone who is willing to win with what Fox built. It's a small sample size but there is no reason to assume that is who McD is.

I never said anything about Belichick getting rid of Kosar

I made the connection with Bellichick that a bad first HC job does not always mean he will always be a bad HC his second time around..

you have no idea what McD would want.. he failed miserably because he had full control so maybe he is fine without that this time around. Again if he does what full control then it doesn't matter because Pace will never hire him..

I think it could work out will if he has matured and is just focusing on the HC/OC duties

If Fox actually built something then sure.. but we are looking at a 4-5 win max season here.. Fox has build a shit show

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Patriots will be a crap shoot after Tom Brady leaves. McDaniels could stay and run Hoyer at QB but he won't last long in New England doing that and this is McDaniels last shot as a head coach. Patriots are going to have to rebuild soon and taking over the Chicago Bears with Mitchell Trubisky is an dream for any head coach.

Patriots traded there 2nd round pick to the 49ers and have shown no interest in developing young talent only win now mentality.

So the patriots traded jimmy g and their second rd pick to the niners? What did they get in return? Seems like Lynch fleeced the pats as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I never said anything about Belichick getting rid of Kosar

I made the connection with Bellichick that a bad first HC job does not always mean he will always be a bad HC his second time around..

you have no idea what McD would want.. he failed miserably because he had full control so maybe he is fine without that this time around. Again if he does what full control then it doesn't matter because Pace will never hire him..

I think it could work out will if he has matured and is just focusing on the HC/OC duties

If Fox actually built something then sure.. but we are looking at a 4-5 win max season here.. Fox has build a shit show

I would think if you were talking about how bad he was his first time it would include the worst move he made (Kosar) since both had similar moves in their first time.

So if McD gets made HC ass and then interim HC and HC for a day we can hire him, because obviously that is the path to be a great HC.
What is with so many Bears fans that they see the long shot work so they think the long shot is the way to do things? How about instead of continuing to hope a long shot plays to our favor we start trying sure things?

Fox has built something (or something was built while he was here). The problem with Fox is he's afraid to use it. He'd rather play conservative so when conservative isn't winning at the end of a game the team isn't practiced to play aggressive.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I would think if you were talking about how bad he was his first time it would include the worst move he made (Kosar) since both had similar moves in their first time.

So if McD gets made HC ass and then interim HC and HC for a day we can hire him, because obviously that is the path to be a great HC.
What is with so many Bears fans that they see the long shot work so they think the long shot is the way to do things? How about instead of continuing to hope a long shot plays to our favor we start trying sure things?

Fox has built something (or something was built while he was here). The problem with Fox is he's afraid to use it. He'd rather play conservative so when conservative isn't winning at the end of a game the team isn't practiced to play aggressive.

is hiring a genius OC really a long shot though? I guess it might be depending on if you think he has learned and matured. Who knows if it will work out or not. That is for pace to decide if he thinks he is a changed man.
If he has matured and learned from his mistakes then he would be the best option.. thats why people want him..

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
McDaniels is my #1 choice this offseason, assuming he only wants to be a head coach. No way the Patriots DC makes a lateral move away from Belicheck though.

McDaniels + Fangio

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
McDaniels is my #1 choice this offseason, assuming he only wants to be a head coach. No way the Patriots DC makes a lateral move away from Belicheck though.

McDaniels + Fangio

In this scenario Bill Belichick retires along with Tom Brady.

Bears and Trubisky will be a more desired position for a head coach than Brian Hoyer's Patriots.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
is hiring a genius OC really a long shot though? I guess it might be depending on if you think he has learned and matured. Who knows if it will work out or not. That is for pace to decide if he thinks he is a changed man.
If he has matured and learned from his mistakes then he would be the best option.. thats why people want him..

Except you can't hire the genius as OC. You have to hire him as HC which he failed at.
Did he learn? I don't know, you don't know. That he didn't see how stupid he was being while being stupid is what has me worried, because he was really stupid.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Except you can't hire the genius as OC. You have to hire him as HC which he failed at.
Did he learn? I don't know, you don't know. That he didn't see how stupid he was being while being stupid is what has me worried, because he was really stupid.

What I meant was hiring a proven OC to be your HC is not really a long shot.. Hiring an ass clown from the CFL is..
you are right I dont know if he has changed and learned.. but this article does kind of point to the fact that he has..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-failure-taught-pats-oc-how-to-pick-his-spots

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fox hasn't built anything. This is not a good football team. This is mediocrity at best

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
What I meant was hiring a proven OC to be your HC is not really a long shot.. Hiring an ass clown from the CFL is..
you are right I dont know if he has changed and learned.. but this article does kind of point to the fact that he has..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-failure-taught-pats-oc-how-to-pick-his-spots

I wonder where Trestman lost it because his first year was an amazing turn around. My guess is too much hand holding in the showers and weekly captains wore thin by the 2nd year, doormat was good for a year after that he wasn't the leader.
Likewise McD's heavy handed approach was a leader but got the team to turn against him faster (plus he gutted the team of talent).

That article makes me think a little better of him. Still leery though.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I wonder where Trestman lost it because his first year was an amazing turn around. My guess is too much hand holding in the showers and weekly captains wore thin by the 2nd year, doormat was good for a year after that he wasn't the leader.
Likewise McD's heavy handed approach was a leader but got the team to turn against him faster (plus he gutted the team of talent).

That article makes me think a little better of him. Still leery though.

I think Trestman lost it because he was such a weirdo. I dont think anyone really respected him.. But the first year the O was playing pretty good so that covers up a lot of his issues.. But once there was tape on the O and defenses started to adjust to him is where it all fell apart.. you got a HC that no one really likes or respects and now his system is no longer working.. that is a recipe for disaster..

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You lost me at Mcdaniels. Have you forgotten Denver and the shit show he created there? No thanks. I don't want that psycho mf'er anywhere near the Beloved.
In fairness to the OP, I don't think he forgot that as much as he felt McDaniels learned and grew from that experience. Would New England have been wise to pass on Belichick based on what he did in Cleveland? I think not.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
In fairness to the OP, I don't think he forgot that as much as he felt McDaniels learned and grew from that experience. Would New England have been wise to pass on Belichick based on what he did in Cleveland? I think not.
So he learned not to be a walking psycho childish twat? I'll still pass on that learning experience.

Did Belichick have the same type of issues before his NE tenure? Serious question, I didn't follow football back then.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
No thanks to all things Patriots.

You never know who's really talented without Belichick pulling the strings.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So he learned not to be a walking psycho childish twat? I'll still pass on that learning experience.

Did Belichick have the same type of issues before his NE tenure? Serious question, I didn't follow football back then.
No, Belichick did not have those type issues. Basically McDaniels just rushed in way too hard and showed his cards too early. Was he wrong thinking Cutler wasn't the answer at QB? No. Was he wrong thinking he had all the answers and wasn't going to listen to anyone or anything else? Absolutely. Remember his career as HC started off very well with 6 straight wins. It was all downhill from there as he alienated both people in the FO and his players with his my way or no way mentality. Is he different now, 7 years later, and did he learn from the experience? My guess is yes. I read this a while ago.

Look at HCs that suffered the same failure as McDaniels, like Singletary and McAdoo and it's easy to see where they went wrong so you'd think it would be just as easy for them to see in retrospect. Work with the team's brass, not against them. Never throw players under the bus or point to anyone or position as being weak. You lose your players quickly like that. We've seen Belichick get rid of key players many times for different reasons but nobody ever saw it coming cause he didn't let them. A HC needs deflect blame from players and then fix it behind the scenes. I think McDaniels gets that now, 7 years later.

Last edited:

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
No, Belichick did not have those type issues. Basically McDaniels just rushed in way too hard and showed his cards too early. Was he wrong thinking Cutler wasn't the answer at QB? No. Was he wrong thinking he had all the answers and wasn't going to listen to anyone or anything else? Absolutely. Remember his career as HC started off very well with 6 straight wins. It was all downhill from there as he alienated both people in the FO and his players with his my way or no way mentality. Is he different now, 7 years later, and did he learn from the experience? My guess is yes. I read this a while ago.

Look at HCs that suffered the same failure as McDaniels, like Singletary and McAdoo and it's easy to see where they went wrong so you'd think it would be just as easy for them to see in retrospect. Work with the team's brass, mot against them. Never throw players under the bus or point to anyone or position as being weak. You lose your players quickly like that. We've seen Belichick get rid of key players many times for different reasons but nobody ever saw it coming cause he didn't let them. A HC needs deflect blame from players and then fix it behind the scenes. I think McDaniels gets that now, 7 years later.
Thanks. I remember him having complete meltdowns and people not even wanting to shake his hand after the game. People can change their mentality and coaching style, but he came across as a loose cannon without the mental stability for the HC position. IMO that is, which isn't really worth a damn in the end.