Breaking: Zeke signs

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How in the hell are they going to pay Dak and Amari??
easy, don't pay Dak...draft another. Same should be done with Trubisky. Balk at irreplaceable QB money.

Are they actually irreplaceable? If you can't say yes then paying over 20,000,000 will hamstring your team. End of story.

Is somebody else going to pay Dak or Trubisky 30,000,000 on the free agent market to come hold their team back? Somebody has to call a bluff on QB's, like Washington did with one that is better than either of those two.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
easy, don't pay Dak...draft another. Same should be done with Trubisky. Balk at irreplaceable QB money.

Are they actually irreplaceable? If you can't say yes then paying over 20,000,000 will hamstring your team. End of story.
Dak’s above average. If you think you can replace that in the draft then do it but I haven’t been keeping up with college QBs enough to know if they actually could. I was just saying that because Jerry Jones said they were going to extend him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd offer Trubisky 8 years, 18 million per year, fully guaranteed. I'd offer him it now, and I'd keep it on the table for the next 20 months. He is a reasonable QB and deserves security and a reasonable contract. Forget what works for everyone else, thats a contract I would believe in for the player involved and the team. He wants more, then walk and draft another. I

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'd offer Trubisky 8 years, 18 million per year, fully guaranteed. I'd offer him it now, and I'd keep it on the table for the next 20 months. He is a reasonable QB and deserves security and a reasonable contract. Forget what works for everyone else, thats a contract I would believe in for the player involved and the team. He wants more, then walk and draft another.
And just like that this is a Mitch thread.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd offer Trubisky 8 years, 18 million per year, fully guaranteed. I'd offer him it now, and I'd keep it on the table for the next 20 months. He is a reasonable QB and deserves security and a reasonable contract. Forget what works for everyone else, thats a contract I would believe in for the player involved and the team. He wants more, then walk and draft another.
You want to give him 144 million fully guaranteed. You do know that is outright dumb?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Don't like that long of a contract or the guaranteed money, but yeah on a per game basis he isn't worth more than that at this point, unless he improves a lot and shows that he's the type of QB who can win games rather than ride along on a great team. And if he does that, then you pay him like a legit franchise QB. Either way, don't pay elite money for average quality.

Same goes for Dallas. Dak has taken care of the ball better than Trubisky and is less mistake prone, but he isn't a high level guy in terms of production. He hasn't shown that he's good enough to engineer wins on his own back without a top running game and good defense.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Somebody has to call a bluff on QB's, like Washington did with one that is better than either of those two.

And that has really worked out for Washington. They have $22.5M and a 1st round pick invested into the position, and with Case Keenum they are once again staring down another losing season. Seems like a good blueprint for other NFL teams to follow.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Don't like that long of a contract or the guaranteed money, but yeah on a per game basis he isn't worth more than that at this point, unless he improves a lot and shows that he's the type of QB who can win games rather than ride along on a great team. And if he does that, then you pay him like a legit franchise QB. Either way, don't pay elite money for average quality.

Same goes for Dallas. Dak has taken care of the ball better than Trubisky and is less mistake prone, but he isn't a high level guy in terms of production. He hasn't shown that he's good enough to engineer wins on his own back without a top running game and good defense.

Mitch please

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They extended zeke 6 years. So they have a RB on an 8 year contract? Seems dumb to me, idk.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Inevitable hamstring injury in week 1 for Zeke. Seems to be SOP for guys that miss TC at skill positions.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Think about all those sucker fantasy players that passed.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just can’t imagine paying a RB that much money in today’s NFL. Blows my mind.
He's making 8 and 9 million in the years before the new contract. I wouldn't draft one that early either.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Wat8.jpg

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I bet a lot of fantasy lineups were just changed. Tony Pollard is back to being a waiver wire pickup