Is today the Trubisky decline day?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mitch has this year yet before we can say he failed. Many a QB got better after a bad start. Mitch has the tools. Anyone not wanting him to suceed is not much of a Bear fan. Not believing it will happen is fine but not wanting it too happen is beyound my grasp.

He's had one good year, and one terrible year.

If he played like 2018 this upcoming season, I'm sure the bears would be glad to retain him on a cheap contract. It would show that if you give him a solid cast he can be around an average NFL starter. Not great, but better than nick foles.

No matter what, he is not worth the #2 pick, but him having a decent season is not out of the question because he's done it previously. I don't expect it, but I won't root against it.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
It's like some of you are actually cheering on the failure of the #2 overall pick of this franchise.

Sad.
No we're trying to make lemonade out of lemon. Might as have some fun. What else can you do with a failed #2 overall?

msadows

Liked Posts:
No we're trying to make lemonade out of lemon. Might as have some fun. What else can you do with a failed #2 overall?

Hope for the best?

I didn't mean to quote you, I meant to quote the little kid.

He'd rather see the #2 overall pick fail than succeed just to get pleasure out of it.

Thats a great fan!

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect him to start more than 4 games this year, but I'll never cheer on the failure of my favorite sports team.

Madden

Liked Posts:
In my Madden franchise I didn't have enough salary cap room to keep Mitch, so he went into free agency and the Texans signed him to a 5 year 95 million dollar deal (after releasing Watson who then ended up on the Cowboys) LOL.

msadows

Liked Posts:
In my Madden franchise I didn't have enough salary cap room to keep Mitch, so he went into free agency and the Texans signed him to a 5 year 95 million dollar deal (after releasing Watson who then ended up on the Cowboys) LOL.

I have a feeling Watson won't be a texan too long. BOB is a moron.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Mitch has this year yet before we can say he failed. Many a QB got better after a bad start. Mitch has the tools. Anyone not wanting him to suceed is not much of a Bear fan. Not believing it will happen is fine but not wanting it too happen is beyound my grasp.
I'll be the first one to kiss mitch on the lips if he becomes a qb anywhere near that of what Pace saw in his acid dream.

I'm a bears fan too. Just making sure yous know.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I've been about as anti-Mitch as it gets since the GB game in week 1 2019, but objectively the strategically correct move is to basically do the same thing they did with FLoyd. Pick up the 5th option just in case, then if he doesn't radically improve you pull it in March 2021 before it becomes garaunteed. The only reason to not pick it up is if you believe he is a such an injury concern that you doubt he will be able to pass a physical in a year, or if you are going to cut him this season. I don't think either apply with Mitch.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'll be the first one to kiss mitch on the lips if he becomes a qb anywhere near that of what Pace saw in his acid dream.

I'm a bears fan too. Just making sure yous know.

Thats not cheering against him.

That's where I'm at too.

I don't think its out of the realm of possibilities, heavily don't expect it, but if that fucker marches on the field again in 2019 I'll cheer him on.

msadows

Liked Posts:

msadows

Liked Posts:
I've been about as anti-Mitch as it gets since the GB game in week 1 2019, but objectively the strategically correct move is to basically do the same thing they did with FLoyd. Pick up the 5th option just in case, then if he doesn't radically improve you pull it in March 2021 before it becomes garaunteed. The only reason to not pick it up is if you believe he is a such an injury concern that you doubt he will be able to pass a physical in a year, or if you are going to cut him this season. I don't think either apply with Mitch.

I don't either.

There is no harm to pick up the 5th year, but I don't think they will because of fans like WCBF and CRM. Most educated fans will realize its a team option, which rarely hurts the team if ever. Most meatballs will see it as the team committing to mitch for another year.

Barstool Bigcat said a few months back he thinks they will pick it up, and chicago will go apeshit. Maybe he will be right.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I’m going to laugh when he’s benched in week 3 (if he makes it that far!!!!)

you seem to struggle with being right is more important to the success of your supposed team.

trubisky has been a disappointment so far but he’s still a bear as of yet.

if trubisky were to start and win a Super Bowl , would you be happy or are you not man enough to admit what you’re truly looking for, just to be right.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I don't either.

There is no harm to pick up the 5th year, but I don't think they will because of fans like WCBF and CRM. Most educated fans will realize its a team option, which rarely hurts the team if ever. Most meatballs will see it as the team committing to mitch for another year.

Barstool Bigcat said a few months back he thinks they will pick it up, and chicago will go apeshit. Maybe he will be right.

Semi-related: if Mitch plays "good enough" to get a job somewhere else, but not enough to keep the Bears interested, then picking up the 5th year option allows CHI to trade Mitch for whatever value they can get (5th/6th round pick maybe?). If you don't pick up the 5th year option, no team will trade for him when they can just sign him in FA after the season. That's my "realistic" best case scenario for Mitch.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Semi-related: if Mitch plays "good enough" to get a job somewhere else, but not enough to keep the Bears interested, then picking up the 5th year option allows CHI to trade Mitch for whatever value they can get (5th/6th round pick maybe?). If you don't pick up the 5th year option, no team will trade for him when they can just sign him in FA after the season. That's my "realistic" best case scenario for Mitch.

They could still tender him. It's what they did with Fuller.

Fairly certain you get draft compensation for that.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well between Patrick and Deshaun is a pipe dream. Just give me some where near vicinity of Watson's ass, not even close, just somwhere far near would give me butterflies.

I must disagree. Pace took Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson so in order for the Trubisky pick to be a success he must be better than those two plus Kizer and any other QB taken in that draft.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I think they pick up the option because there is very little downside to doing so. If he continues to suck they rescind the option next March and let him walk. If the light bulb goes on (which is my fervent hope) then the team has more control over his future. The only risk is the slight chance that he gets injured enough for him not to be able to play. If I were Pace, I'd pick it up.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
He's gonna be another Sanchez or Orton or Fitz... Not good enough to be a long term starter for a team but too good as a backup for a team to hold onto long term.

He's going to drive his family nuts by moving all over the US every couple years chasing his dream to be a starting QB. His kids will have to make new friends every couple years and they will never have a longterm BFF... :(

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
I must disagree. Pace took Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson so in order for the Trubisky pick to be a success he must be better than those two plus Kizer and any other QB taken in that draft.
Yikes! That's a tall order.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The smart play is to pick it up because you can pull it (unless for injury), but I would be more inclined to not pick it up in hopes it lights a fire under Mitch's ass even if it ends up costing the team more as far as a next contract in the end. Tell Mitch he is 100 % hitting FA instead of the 5th year option game and see how he does.