Biggest WTF play that you remember?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
2012-ish when the Bears just had to win one of their last two games to win the division.

Got blown out by the Eagles in primetime, then lost the finale heartbreaker to Green Bay because of 2 WTF plays:

-Rodgers fumbles the football, but FUCKING NOBODY GOES TO PICK IT UP.

-The Chris Conte touchdown....

Last edited:

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Marcus Cooper dropping the football a foot short of the goal line to celebrate

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
When Marion Barber ran out of bounds instead of just falling down inbounds to kill the clock and in turn let the Packers into the playoffs in 2010.

The Barber blunder happened in 2011. The year the Bears were playing the best football in the league before Cutler was hurt.

If Barber stays in-bounds, Bears make the playoffs, and hopefully Cutler can return.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
2012-ish when the Bears just had to win one of their last two games to win the division.

Got blown out by the Eagles in primetime, then lost the finale heartbreaker to Green Bay because of 2 WTF plays:

-Rodgers fumbles the football, but FUCKING NOBODY GOES TO PICK IT UP.

-The Chris Conte touchdown....

2013 - week 17

Bears wasted their best offensive team in 30 years because of the defense.

classic Bears

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A lot of the good ones are already mentioned- the green bay fumble where everyone stood around was the top vote for me.

How about 2 big WTF plays that caused an amazing unlikely loss to a rookie Matt Ryan?

Bears score, up by one in atlanta, about 10-15 seconds left.
Gould kicks off, trying to kill the clock with a squibb. 36 yards and 10 yard return.
6 seconds left, atlanta on their 44.
bears play soft and allow a sideline catch for 26 yards, falcons kick the game winner with 1 second left.

a 6 second 3 play defeat.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Obviously, double doink.
Super shocked it took until page 3 for this to come up.

Looking at the comments Barber managed an amazing amount of stupid in just one season (actually only 119 touches). Didn't he have some severe CTE type stuff going on? Anyway, it's weird to see one guys name pop up so much when he really just passed through town for a coffee.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn.. y'all just opening back up some wounds. I had forgotten about most of these. Lol

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Super shocked it took until page 3 for this to come up.

Looking at the comments Barber managed an amazing amount of stupid in just one season (actually only 119 touches). Didn't he have some severe CTE type stuff going on? Anyway, it's weird to see one guys name pop up so much when he really just passed through town for a coffee.

Iirc, he had a gun in his hand inside a laundromat or something. He didn't know how or why he was there.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Iirc, he had a gun in his hand inside a laundromat or something. He didn't know how or why he was there.

Yeah I remember that. I hope his story ends well, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
The Barber blunder happened in 2011. The year the Bears were playing the best football in the league before Cutler was hurt.

If Barber stays in-bounds, Bears make the playoffs, and hopefully Cutler can return.
Sorry I missed the year. I just remember how upset I was.

howler62

Liked Posts:
Going back some, during SBXX, even though the Bears were crushing the Pats, they tried to razzle-dazzle on a punt return, Leslie Frazier gets his knee torn, and never returns. It does give him an early start in coaching.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
How about the Anthony Miller catch/fumble against the eagles in the playoffs that was ruled an incomplete pass?!?! He took three steps, fumbled. Refs called it Incomplete. Both anthony miller and Ben Braunecker would have been the two closest to the ball to pick it up too....Could have been a complete momentume swing in our favor.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
how about Roosevelt Williams getting run down from behind by Javon Walker...man that pissed me off