***NFL TO VOTE*** Offering Teams Draft Compensation For Hiring Minority HCs & GMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm well aware of what phenotype is.

I apologize if you don't understand that there is genetic variance among populations, and that variance is usually due to the ecosystem the organism is in.

So yes, in theory, a certain group of people could be better at a thing than a certain other group of people due to genetics.

It's not a matter of understanding. Most of the times it's a matter of you just being wrong. For example your laughable comment about evolution over a hand full of generations.

No one is disputing that there is genetic variance. That is just stupid.

I take issue with the next line " that variance is usually due to ecosystem". that only applies to organisms that have no social construct. It's not just ones environment that influences natural selection, but in modern society Cultural Preference has a much bigger role.

"So yes, in theory, a certain group of people could be better at a thing than a certain other group of people due to genetics."

First of all, if you want to make that statement, you have to look at the entire group, not just the top .25%
Second of all, genetics would only be one of the contributing factors, making your wording really poor.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm well aware of what phenotype is.

I apologize if you don't understand that there is genetic variance among populations, and that variance is usually due to the ecosystem the organism is in.

So yes, in theory, a certain group of people could be better at a thing than a certain other group of people due to genetics.

And yes, I do. Including a degree in finance. I'm not saying I know everything about genetics, since I finished undergrad nearly a decade ago and having pursued any additional education in the sciences, but I'm pretty sure basic genetics don't state that everyone is the same. Shit, African countries have the most amount of variance of them all.

This all started because I pointed out that those players are good because of genetics, and not because they live in poverty.

Most NFL players are African American. So how does the ecosystem play in? I guess I'm confused because I'm african American yet i wasn't the best at sports. Did my west African genes not kick in? Am I going about this wrong?

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's not a matter of understanding. Most of the times it's a matter of you just being wrong. For example your laughable comment about evolution over a hand full of generations.

No one is disputing that there is genetic variance. That is just stupid.

I take issue with the next line " that variance is usually due to ecosystem". that only applies to organisms that have no social construct. It's not just ones environment that influences natural selection, but in modern society Cultural Preference has a much bigger role.

"So yes, in theory, a certain group of people could be better at a thing than a certain other group of people due to genetics."

First of all, if you want to make that statement, you have to look at the entire group, not just the top .25%
Second of all, genetics would only be one of the contributing factors, making your wording really poor.

This isn't about modern society, this is about our ancestors 1,000's of years ago. Where natural selection took course. Yes, I did state handful of generations, but I wasn't talking about 200 or 300 years.

And no, genetics is a VERY big factor if you become a pro athlete or not. The bigger, faster, stronger you are the better chance you have of being an athlete.

Evidently its racist to state that humans who come from a continent with the highest genetic diversity have a better chance to become great athletes. If you have more tickets to the lottery, you have a better chance to become a winner.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Most NFL players are African American. So how does the ecosystem play in? I guess I'm confused because I'm african American yet i wasn't the best at sports. Did my west African genes not kick in? Am I going about this wrong?

More genetic variation = Greater chance to have favorable genes.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This all started because I pointed out that those players are good because of genetics, and not because they live in poverty.

To which that statement is wrong. And while both may have a role to play, societal influences are the bigger contributing factor.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe the NFL should have players take an ancestry test to see if the ancestors are from Kenya or something. Might as well get an advantage

msadows

Liked Posts:
To which that statement is wrong. And while both may have a role to play, societal influences are the bigger contributing factor.

It's a mixture of both but it's def. not bigger.

You don't become a pro athlete without winning the genetic lottery. Sorry.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Has nothing to do with race. People of all races can have good genes. Yao ming is tall despite stereotypes of asian men. He had good genes. His mom was 6'2 dad was 6'10. Your right. It's a genetic lottery (Or you can just used roids like clay matthews), but nothing to do with race.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn't about modern society, this is about our ancestors 1,000's of years ago. Where natural selection took course. Yes, I did state handful of generations, but I wasn't talking about 200 or 300 years.

And no, genetics is a VERY big factor if you become a pro athlete or not. The bigger, faster, stronger you are the better chance you have of being an athlete.

Evidently its racist to state that humans who come from a continent with the highest genetic diversity have a better chance to become great athletes. If you have more tickets to the lottery, you have a better chance to become a winner.

Oy Vey..............

I don't think I have ever seen such a perversion of facts manipulated in such a way. Africa does have a very high degree of (*native) genetic diversity. Why? Well for starters it is the second largest continent in the world. It is very likely it was at the epicenter of human development.

However, from there you jump to several asinine conclusions. How often do people from Libya cross paths with people from Botswana?

Your claiming genetic diversity is the key, when in all actuality, for your argument to have merit, the opposite would need to be true. If people from "Africa" were to have a statistical higher chance (* as an individual) you would expect them to be less diverse, and more possessing this special genetic "super gene" or combination of "super genes"that you seem to be making an argument for.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a mixture of both but it's def. not bigger.

it def is more to do with social influence. You are so very wrong on this matter.

msadows

Liked Posts:
it def is more to do with social influence. You are so very wrong on this matter.

Yes, because drose grew up in east garfield park, so thats why he was an MVP.

Had nothing to do with his blazing speed and vertical.

I grew up in poverty too. My parents pushed me into sports. Why aren't I in the nba?

Once again, if you're a pro athlete, more often than not you won the genetic lottery.

You could argue that those excellent athletes would never play sports had it not been to social factors, but...they still have to be excellent athletes.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have read some of your posts. You do not have a biological degree. No way. Hell, I don't have one either (although I did take an online course for genetics offered by Duke). and some of the stuff you say makes me cringe.

The funny thing is, some of the things your bring up may have merit, but for reasons you don't even completely understand. And your doing such a bad job of representing those things, people tend to dismiss them in totality.

For one, you need to stop presenting theory as fact.

Two, your use of the word phenotype is wrong. Phenotype is an observable difference.

I call bs on the bio degree too

he talks about evolution like someone that learned from watching nature docs with no formal study

I can't believe he is still digging this hole

I felt bad for a minute yesterday for being mean, but fuck it. arrogant ignorance is just not cool

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, because drose grew up in east garfield park, so thats why he was an MVP.

Had nothing to do with his blazing speed and vertical.

I grew up in poverty too. My parents pushed me into sports. Why aren't I in the nba?

Once again, if you're a pro athlete, more often than not you won the genetic lottery.

You could argue that those excellent athletes would never play sports had it not been to social factors, but...they still have to be excellent athletes.

hey dumbfuck, the proposal is about black people. race. not about some specific population of people living in kenya you stupid fuck. It is socioeconomic and cultural proposal. not genetic. You are off the deep end of retardation here.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously, msadows, you should bail on this thread. Hopefully it works out better for you than it did for Goose.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getting back on topic. I am not a racist (at least I don't believe so). I think something should be done. I still contend this is not the answer and is a bad idea overall.

I don't like the idea of draft pick compensation. The draft was construed in such a way as to help bad teams get better. It should be left alone.

I don't think any proposed solution should only address the GM and HC positions, rather the entire pool of supporting office personnel and assistant coaches, scouts, trainers etc. Get more people of color in the system from the ground up. Award teams that do well in this regard with additional cap money, penalize those that don't with reduced cap money.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Social influence? This may sound racist but it's true so deal with it. In slave times, slave owners bred the biggest male slaves with the biggest female slaves to make the biggest baby slaves. It's why American blacks are bigger and stronger then blacks from anywhere else in the world. This is a fact and not a opinion, I'm not trying to be a ass but this is a huge factor in why blacks dominate in sports. Again I don't mean to offend anyone but the truth is the truth whether we like it or not.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Social influence? This may sound racist but it's true so deal with it. In slave times, slave owners bred the biggest male slaves with the biggest female slaves to make the biggest baby slaves. It's why American blacks are bigger and stronger then blacks from anywhere else in the world. This is a fact and not a opinion, I'm not trying to be a ass but this is a huge factor in why blacks dominate in sports. Again I don't mean to offend anyone but the truth is the truth whether we like it or not.

It depends. @remydat posted a WIki that had two defs. of racism:

"the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to physical appearance and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another."

and

"It may also mean prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against other people because they are of a different race or ethnicity."

I find the second useful and the first open to abuse of such a wide margin that can interpret almost any statement ever made about physical appearance as at least partially racist ...

(particularly because people take the first def. and stop at the first independent clause and do NOT keep interpreting based on the whole of it).

Approaching your comment from the second definition, it seems clear to me that you have no racism in your remark. Also, from my reading into historical slave breeding, women were not chosen from among biggest overall but by hip size seen as an indicator of being more likely to produce more children by surviving multiple pregnancies thus increasing the stock with minimal loss.

It may be a factor why black girls in America can generally have more "junk in their trunk" naturally with less work, but thirsty white girl thots need to keep up their regimen of squats to maintain a passable donk that they have correlated with healthy cashflow on their Onlyfans.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
To clarify this a little better.

Skin color is a phenotype, based purely on the amount of melanin.

Melanin, nor the genes that influence the amount of, has no bearing in how good or bad of an athlete one may be.

And while a completely different subset of genes most certainly does have a role to play in just how good one might become, attributing that to race ( or melanin production) in and of itself is garbage.

There is no proven genetic linkage between the two. One can inherit one set of genes without also inheriting the other.

Athletes are are statistically aberrant as they represent the cream of the crop.

Social forces--the emphasis on certain sports in black communities, the conviction that sports offer one of the few avenues to success for America's racial underclass--play the major role in the development of athletic excellence in a much more profound way than genetics.

And meanwhile, 1 in every 200 men are direct descendants of Ghingas Kahn. (which has absolutely no relevance to this conversation but I always found it fascinating).

Look at Michael Jackson. A white brother who was a terrible athlete and yelped like a little girl and liked little boys. He was born with zero melatonin

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
American blacks are not bigger than other blacks around the world. Besides the African slave trade went everywhere from here, to Brazil to China

Status
Not open for further replies.