Sounds like John Fox wants Watson

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would love to see Watson's bow and arrow in Chicago almost as good as Willie Young going fishing.

giphy.gif

ThoroughPeriodicHyracotherium.gif

Has Watson ever done this in the NFL?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and Watson is mentioned exactly zero times in the OPs link.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
:obama:

If we take fucking Watson at 3 im done for the next 5 years. The guy is not going to be a franchise qb in the nfl!!! At best hes Teddy bridgewater but most likely hes Tyrod Taylor and at worst hes geno fucking smith!!! none of those three scenarios put us any closer to being relevent nevermind a superbowl contender.
Lol

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
:obama:

If we take fucking Watson at 3 im done for the next 5 years. The guy is not going to be a franchise qb in the nfl!!! At best hes Teddy bridgewater but most likely hes Tyrod Taylor and at worst hes geno fucking smith!!! none of those three scenarios put us any closer to being relevent nevermind a superbowl contender.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can you pass me some of what your smokin Mick? Send those rose colored glasses this way as well. As much as I want to jump on your bandwagon I don't think there is a QB worth taking in the first 2 rounds in this draft.

You were right, there were two !!!

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Oh man there are some gems in this thread. LMAO

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Of course an injury can change everything but as it stands i think all three guys have shown who theyre going to be.
With all due respect I don't see it that way just yet. I'm still not sold on Watson and my gut tells me he will fall off. Trubisky may/will still get better IMO. (Yes because he can't get worse.) Shout out to da haters. Football makes fools out of us all, even the pro people,coaches, gm's cant guess this sport any better then us. Vegas can??? but nobody else.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
With all due respect I don't see it that way just yet. I'm still not sold on Watson and my gut tells me he will fall off. Trubisky may/will still get better IMO. (Yes because he can't get worse.) Shout out to da haters. Football makes fools out of us all, even the pro people,coaches, gm's cant guess this sport any better then us. Vegas can??? but nobody else.

Just curious.....
What makes you "not sold on Watson" ? And who would be an example, after 3yrs., a Qb who you would be sold on and why?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Just curious.....
What makes you "not sold on Watson" ? And who would be an example, after 3yrs., a Qb who you would be sold on and why?
He (Watson) plays great back yard football but can't run a NFL offense from the pocket. He will be hurt a lot and not effective in the long haul. I'm sold on QBs that win with their decision making from the safety of the pocket. This new wave of mobile QBs are deadly but short lived. The human body can only take so much when much bigger guys are hitting you.

mecha

Liked Posts:
He (Watson) plays great back yard football but can't run a NFL offense from the pocket. He will be hurt a lot and not effective in the long haul. I'm sold on QBs that win with their decision making from the safety of the pocket. This new wave of mobile QBs are deadly but short lived. The human body can only take so much when much bigger guys are hitting you.

most of those guys have already washed out of the league or are pretty much done. isn't that the word about Cam Newton?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is why most had Mitch as top guy in his draft. He seemed the most likely to acclimate to an NFL scheme and was thought to have the 2nd best arm. Hasn't worked out that way but it was not faulty reasoning.

That said, I thought Watson's reads were better last year though he still holds the ball way too long.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
most of those guys have already washed out of the league or are pretty much done. isn't that the word about Cam Newton?
Funny you mention him. He was one of the very few QBs big enough to take some hits and even he has a shortened career because of style of play. Classic pocket QBs play to into their 40s and mobile QBs don't make it to age 30 most the time. Mobile QBs are more fun to watch and are deadly but burn out fast. This does not include R Wilson, I rarely see him take a big hit. He is a very smart runner. He puts on a clinic every week on how to be mobile yet play a long time.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Just curious.....

Watson doesn't have a OL. That's why they got Tom Savage outta there. Stats show more Qb's get injured in the pocket than out. This is well documented.

I'm sold on QBs that win with their decision making from the safety of the pocket.

this is contingent on having a good OL. Still a Qb needs to have the ability to make plays in or outta of the pocket.