***NFL TO VOTE*** Offering Teams Draft Compensation For Hiring Minority HCs & GMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Honestly with this D, I think Lovie would be a better for for the team. Lovie would focus on run game and D and not have Truns throwing it 50 times a game whem he sucks.
I go a step further and say we would have been in the superbowl during the 08 season with Lovie. He didn't ignore special teams like nagy does

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Honestly with this D, I think Lovie would be a better for for the team. Lovie would focus on run game and D and not have Truns throwing it 50 times a game whem he sucks.
Lovie was an ardent support of the 4-3. He was also very stubborn. He also got rid of revis, one of the best corners in the game because he didn't fit his system. Bucs took a huge cap hit and not to mention the picks they gave up for him. I am sure he would do something similar with Mack.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I go a step further and say we would have been in the superbowl during the 08 season with Lovie. He didn't ignore special teams like nagy does
lovie also had a lot of head scratchers like nagy. I remember a game where he called 4 fb dives with jason mckie at the 1 yd line.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
lovie also had a lot of head scratchers like nagy. I remember a game where he called 4 fb dives with jason mckie at the 1 yd line.
At least mckie was a fullback. Better than cohen

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
On the question of race, genetics, and evolution, I believe a distinction has to be made between genetics and evolution.

I think Ms is confusing things when he says our genetics are influenced by ecosystem. That was Lamarck's thought and Darwin disputed that. Instead genetic mutations occur naturally regardless of environment. It is just that some of those mutations are better suited for a given ecosystem so those people survive relative to those without that mutation and then pass it on to their descendents.

The importance of this to the discussion is MS is confusing the chicken for the egg. Evolution doesnt cause genetic diversity. Genetic diversity causes evolution. So if we presume that African Americans have certain genetic advantages (just for purpose of debate), those advantages are not the result of evolution. Those genetic variances occured natural or artificially (selective breeding) and would do so even if they never resulted in evolution ie if those traits were not passed down to their descendents more prevalently than others.

To put it simply, evolution is the effect not the cause. I would also add that given the fact it is African Americans and not Africans that predominate in the NFL and NBA, that is likely the result of selective breeding/human selection ie artificial not the result of natural selection if we did presume genetics were involved.

Last edited:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
On the question of race, genetics, and evolution, I believe a distinction has to be made between genetics and evolution.

I think Ms is confusing things when he says our genetics are influenced by ecosystem. That was Lamarck's thought and Darwin disputed that. Instead genetic mutations occur naturally regardless of environment. It is just that some of those mutations are better suited for a given ecosystem so those people survive relative to those without thst mutation and then pass it on to their descendents.

The importance of this to the discussion is MS is confusing the chicken for the egg. Evolution doesnt cause genetic diversity. Genetic diversity causes evolution. So if we presume that African Americans have certain genetic advantages (just for purpose of debate), those advantages are not the result of evolution. Those genetic variances occured natural or artificially (selective breeding) and would do so even if they never resulted in evolution ie if those traits were not passed down to their descendents more prevalently than others

To put it simply, evolution is the effect not the cause. I would also add that given the fact it is African Americans and not Africans that predominate in the NFL and NBA, that is likely the result of selective breeding/human selection ie artificial not the result of natural selection if we did presume genetics were involved.
Nice. See you sound like a true bio major.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lovie was an ardent support of the 4-3. He was also very stubborn. He also got rid of revis, one of the best corners in the game because he didn't fit his system. Bucs took a huge cap hit and not to mention the picks they gave up for him. I am sure he would do something similar with Mack.

We are in nickel over 70% of the time which is basically a 4-3 as you remove one of the down lineman.

Mack fits a 4-3 or 3-4 as he can pass rush standing up or with hand on ground.

There really isnt much difference these days in a 3-4 vs 4-3 excepting when in base D which is less than 30% of the time.

In a Tampa Two, Hicks and Goldman would be the DT with Hicks as the 3 Tech. Mack and Quinn would be the DEs. You would then have Roquan as WLB and DT as the MLB. RRH would then need to drop weight or you plug someone else in at SLB. Really just substituting a LB for a DL and again in nickel it is virtually the same.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Agreed 100% just watch the 2012 opener vs indy. That defense was awesome and the offense was balanced for the most part

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If the goal is to hire more people of color this may work.

If the goal is to: "live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character" then I think it's a huge swing and a miss.

To me this is the NFL saying "hey, we think coaches of color are less valuable so we're going to give you an incentive to hire them." Pretty shitty IMO. But I'm open to any thoughts otherwise because I do think the level of minority hiring in the NFL is BS.
Spot on @BaBaBlacksheep

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
I don't know guys...
I think you guys are selectively remembering the good lovie. Whenever you find yourself doing that always try to remember that dumb fucking face on the sidelines. It'll bring you right back instantly. Then you can wallow in the baldness of nagy, but at least that's here and now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't know guys...
I think you guys are selectively remembering the good lovie. Whenever you find yourself doing that always try to remember that dumb fucking face on the sidelines. It'll bring you right back instantly. Then you can wallow in the baldness of nagy, but at least that's here and now.

Lovie has his faults. Needs a good OC and not much of a talent evaluator but this team is currently built more for a Defensive minded coach.

Nagy sabotages the D by not playing ball control and focusing on run game.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Lovie has his faults. Needs a good OC and not much of a talent evaluator but this team is currently built more for a Defensive minded coach.

Yes, you're right on both points.
But I think of it like growing pains. The bears need to eventually shed the defensive team mentality (because the rules favor the o) and become a balanced team. Nagy sure ain't the one, but I'd like to see another coach who isn't so "defense oriented" before going back to one.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I’m not racist in the least And I would hire the best person for the job not even considering the race, sex or creed of someone.

I’m not saying that there isn’t a racism problem in front offices. I understand the theory or idea of trying to make things more equitable and fair but the rules, laws instituted rarely accomplish that and in a lot of cases just make it worse.

it is strange that with the huge disparity of black vs white players that it’s opposite in the coaching realm.

the problem with this disparity is that players are wealthy when they retire so for them to start off at some low level job isn’t something most accept. You can’t start out at the top regardless if you played professionally or not. There is a learning curve.

I can foresee many problems with this type of incentive for lack of better word. Certain teams may hire a black coach in a rebuild and then throw them away in a year or two. Rebuilds are difficult for coaches to endure anyway so this would give them an easy out.

most never as easy as it seems. I don’t claim to have the answers, I just don’t think this achieves their goal. It’s like A backhanded Compliment.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, you're right on both points.
But I think of it like growing pains. The bears need to eventually shed the defensive team mentality (because the rules favor the o) and become a balanced team. Nagy sure ain't the one, but I'd like to see another coach who isn't so "defense oriented" before going back to one.
Nagy isn't defensive oriented. This team still has Fox's blueprints on it and our GM doesn't know how to draft on the offensive side of the ball

Payton!34

Liked Posts:

as much as everyone wanted fox gone, it could be argued that this team might be better off with him, the problem is that fox football isn’t what’s going to lead us into the future.

we need a legit qb that WE draft to make this come true but we haven’t been able to do that since our inception!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I think this problem starts much earlier in the coaching proGression. Things need to change at the lower levels first as good coaches move upward for the most part.

high schools-two year colleges- low level 4 year colleges-higher level ncaa colleges- top programs in college- pros

start changing the coaching atmosphere at these levels first. Coaches at a lot of these lower levels also stay forever! That’s another issue, there’s much more to it than just putting face value into “we need to hire more black coaches”

I’m all for it if it’s done correctly as I would always hire the best person for the job.

just for arguments sake, what if the league came out and said that you have to start 50percent white and black players! The better players for the most part are black in today’s nfl.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think Ms is confusing things when he says our genetics are influenced by ecosystem. That was Lamarck's thought and Darwin disputed that. Instead genetic mutations occur naturally regardless of environment. It is just that some of those mutations are better suited for a given ecosystem so those people survive relative to those without that mutation and then pass it on to their descendents.

The importance of this to the discussion is MS is confusing the chicken for the egg. Evolution doesnt cause genetic diversity. Genetic diversity causes evolution. So if we presume that African Americans have certain genetic advantages (just for purpose of debate), those advantages are not the result of evolution. Those genetic variances occured natural or artificially (selective breeding) and would do so even if they never resulted in evolution ie if those traits were not passed down to their descendents more prevalently than others.

Would you consider social/cultural influence on what would be considered a preferred mate to be artificial?

Things have certainly changed over the years as what one would consider attractive, and this has an effect on natural selection. One of the key attributes of natural selection is the ability to attract a mate and spread ones genes.

Status
Not open for further replies.